Best buy only looking at my sector with satellites

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JiiHoo00
x3tc

Best buy only looking at my sector with satellites

Post by JiiHoo00 » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 10:13

Hello

So I have been reading some guides and noticed mentions that satellites should be increasing the working range for best buy/sell. But whenever I look at my best buy/sell it only shows the stuff in the current sector. I have also tried choosing my advanced satellite in another sectors list and hitting 5 and 6, but nothing happens.

Am I missing something about how to use them or do the satellites just not work with best buy/sell?

Also another question: for some reason I can't post a new topic in X Trilogy Universe board, whenever I press the new topic button, it loads the main page of the forum?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 12:08

Hello and welcome.

In vanilla, the best buy/sell advanced command only acts on the sector the ship trading using the relevant software is actually in. Satellites (and ships) in other sectors will allow you to at least look at the prices offered by stations in those sectors but will not help with advanced command best buy/sell searching. There are some 3rd party mods and scripts that change this behaviour but they are not in the vanilla game.

There are other vanilla ship Trade commands that make use of buying and selling for best price (eg manual and remote trading, and the local and universe Mk3 traders) and maybe you are thinking of one of those?

As to your problem with posting, clearing your browser cache should fix that. FAQ.

Moving this to the Universe forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 10. Apr 15, 20:27

In the universe map, click on a sector you have a Sat in.
Click on the Sat.
Open its menu.
Click advanced.
Best Buy/Sell is there.

I put BB/BS on every ship I christen, so I can can just click on them as they pass through a sector where I don't have a Sat for whatever reason.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 05:47

Tip for using best buy / best sell for manual trading / when you are piloting a trading ship yourself:
1.The best buy shows best prices for all wares available in a sector.
2.The best sell only shows prices for the wares you have in your personal ship cargo / or the remote ships cargo that you are operating.
3.When using advanced satellite, the best the best buy is the same as if you are operating a remote ship, but the best sell only shows prices for items contained in your personal ship cargo (not a remote ships).

So what I do is ensure my personal trading ship always retains one item of every ware I want to sell, and if making manual trading via remote ships, those ships also need to retain one item of each ware you want to sell.

e.g. If I have a cargo of computer chips, I will always keep one unit on my ship when I trade, with it I can find the best sell price location for computer chips which will help decide were the next best buy is, or to trade something else instead.

it is good to have best sell / best buy software on all ships which are used for manual trading.

The remote trading software is also required on your personal ship.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

JiiHoo00
x3tc

Post by JiiHoo00 » Sun, 12. Apr 15, 08:37

Thank you everyone for your help. I found the satellites best buy/sell. Also thanks for the other helpful answers about trading. Back to making money to get a second ship for more trading.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”