Mod to make commonwealth HQ have 700,000 units like the Terran one?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Fenris321
x4

Mod to make commonwealth HQ have 700,000 units like the Terran one?

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 03:07

Sorry to ask because I'm sure if I could think of the right keywords I could google it, but all my search results just come back with cheats or HQ's that produce ships in seconds or require no resources.

Is there a mod that just changes the storage in the Commonwealth HQ to 700,000 like the Terrans have without changing anything else? I really don't want to do the Terran plot on this character for RP reasons but it bugs me that if I ever capture a Valhalla which is one of my goals that I will never be able to build one once I get around to doing the HQ plot for the Commonwealth.

Thanks,

jack775544
x4

Post by jack775544 » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 05:56

This is actually a very easy mod that you can make yourself in about 5 minutes.
  • First download the X3 editor 2 and set it up for your game
    http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=244283
  • After you have set it up go to the plugins menu and select "Cat Manager"
  • Open the "types" directory and drag and drop the file called "hq.pck" onto your desktop (there might not be a file extensions so if that is the case just drag the file labelled "hq").
  • Open the file (it should have auto converted to an xml file when you dragged it out).
  • Find the line that says

Code: Select all

<upgrade index="0" typename="SS_DOCK_P_HQ" storage="500000">

and change the storage value to whatever you want.
  • Save the file and move it to the types directory in your game folder (this is the addon folder for AP). There might not be a types folder there already so if that is the case then you have to make it.
And you are done!
Just remember that any changes that are made there only reflect on new HQ's so if you already have one then you need to clone it using the cheat script.
1940s - Various "computers" are "programmed" using direct wiring and switches. Engineers do this in order to avoid the tabs vs spaces debate.

Fenris321
x4

Post by Fenris321 » Fri, 3. Apr 15, 06:30

I actually kept putting off the HQ plot until I could find a mod that would change the storage size as that really bugged me.

Thank you! :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”