X3 TC - Mobile mining?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Turnus
x4

X3 TC - Mobile mining?

Post by Turnus » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 04:44

How would using a falcon hauler fleet breaking and carrying resources to a station/TL work out? Any other suggestions other than this?

If i remember correctly it has XL capabilities. My goal is top somwhat jumpstart the terran sector to prevent station suicide, I've lost a station precious to me to GoD (i think anyway) and i dont what a dead race on my hands.

Also this is kinda off topic but is there a working jump beacon mod? I want to be able to use jump beacons like in AP for the TC game.

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 05:26

i prefer Chokaro with a TL& transporter for mobile mining, but i do most of that in system with Marine Repairs (and Training) v2 and Mobile Mining Mk2 from DrBullwinkle and the extra Shields really help. plus its cheaper and faster.
also if you parch a M5 in a station it wont disapere from GoD
no clue on the beacon thing
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 05:30

Your post isn't exactly clear. I've had those posts where my thoughts were faster than my fingers and my fingers ended up dropping key information. :lol:

As far as the Falcon Hauler portion, I assume you mean mobile mining and delivering ore/silicon to Terran stations to keep them alive. A better option might be to set up a CLS2 script to load up a TS with energy, then drop 10 units or so at every station. Looking long term, water and food tend to be the production stoppers at Terran stations. You may want to consider ways to help those wares out.

Turnus
x4

Post by Turnus » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 05:32

Hrm. Well it seems this is gonna be more difficult than i necessarily want to deal with... Guess I'll just have to swap to CW ships... Maybe try that mod everyone keeps talking about for AP.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Local Traders

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 06:03

I have found that having a Local Trader active in an area prevents the God Engine from eliminating stations. After all, it's purpose is to eliminate stations that aren't doing anything.

The ideal trader for the Terran sectors is the SB (Springblossom). Once I have Aldrin I train 2 SBs at a time until I have the Terran sectors covered. This preserves Aldrin stations too. I have the SB cover 2 adjacent sectors, and have this overlap too.

Early in the game I park Rapiers in key Stations if I have the $.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 06:08

I use the Falcons to transfer from the mining ships to some sort of storage ship. That keeps the mining ships from getting full and stopping.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Mon, 30. Mar 15, 08:22

oh, ya the local traders... i forgot about them... i use to use 9 in the Sol sector to stabilize the economy. one for each planet set for +1 and +2 at Saturn and Jupiter. worked well, but it played merry hell with cls when i went to set up Timsup2nothin's style cls trade networks and those work better so i sorta stopped using LT and UT :D
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”