Serious confused and a bit pissed off and annoyed

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Magma Tung

Serious confused and a bit pissed off and annoyed

Post by Magma Tung » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 22:55

I purchased the Dwalin (in DV shipyard) mining ship, It does not mine at all.
My ship "shunk" doesnt even want to go into mining mode because
it tells me there are no ships capable of doing so. Yet im setting right next to a mining ship in space thats 3m away from me.

So someone please explain to me,
If this is a mining ship, why its not mining like its suppose to?
Why when I break up the asteroids with my mining laser, it does nothing
but sit there in space wasting my time?

:evil:

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 23:19

If I remember correctly, that ship must be in your squad too (directly under your command, not in a sub-squad).
I know, that's not written anywhere in game.

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 23:30

It is under my squad.
its listed right under Albion Skunk when I look at properties owned.
Its indented under my name, and I doubled checked that its under my squad.

I even purchased a bunch of other different ships.
And I tried Asteroids and even ice. No ships purchased want to do anything but sit there in space. none of them want to mine ice or asteroids.

Goobers
x4

Post by Goobers » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 23:34

Is it the right kind of miner for ice? Gas/liquid/solid ... Do you have right kind of drone? Scoop/surface?

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 23:37

I should have been more accurate, it should actually follow you, not only be in your squad (it you told him to hold position for example, it won't work).
And it needs drones too.

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 23:46

I tried for 3 days to buy drones for it, and it keeps telling me there are no drones.
No matter what shipyard I go to either small or large, it will not let me purchase any drones for it.

So I don't think it needs drones. because it wont let me buy any for it, because the list for drones is completely blank for 3 days straight of playing.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 23:55

It must have drones otherwise the script will just stop.

I remember shipyards running out of resources but it was a few months ago and it may have been fixed since. I don't know for S/M shipyards though.
Maybe you have to do what we had to do back then, see if it lacks anything and sell stuff to it. You might indeed have to sell these drones to it and buy them back.

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 00:30

How does it want me to buy and sell things if it wont let me buy any drones at all in any of their shipyards?
A bit confused by that.
Its been a little over 3 days now and I cant purchase any drones from any shipyard, either Large, Medium or Small shipyards.

There should always be drones and items for players to buy.
not hope to the game gods that you "might be able" to buy drones.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 01:23

Dwalins are medium ships. They should come with drones when you buy the ship, according to the encyclopedia. I don't think you can buy drones for it separately. They also have a mining laser and so shouldn't require you to break up the ore for them. If all you want to do is break up the asteroids with the Skunk and then have them collected, get a bulk freighter such as the Rahanas (Bulk) and equip it with surface drones.

BTW, to buy drones for L and XL ships, you need to comm the L or XL ship seller in a shipyard and select the 'modify' ship option. That's the 'easy' way. Another way to get drones on an L or XL ship is to trade for them with one of your capital ships and then do a freight transfer to the mining ship (assuming it's a capital and not a medium ship).

And as this doesn't seem to be a technical issue, I'm moving it to the main forum. You'll probably get a lot more good advice there than here. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 01:27

ok then something is wrong then if I dont need to buy any drones for Dwalin.
Because its not mining. I also purchased the medium ship for Ice mining, and it does not want to mine Ice either. So something is seriously wrong.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 01:34

What are the various mineral/resource levels in the sector where you're trying to mine?
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 01:52

@Nanook There's an option to buy drones at S/M shipyards too, but I've never used it.

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 02:15

Nanook wrote:What are the various mineral/resource levels in the sector where you're trying to mine?
Currently I am located in DV shipyard sector, trying to mine the asteroids here.
because im keeping close to the shipyard, until I can figure out how to solve this problem.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 02:25

Dwalin can carry up to 3 surface mining drones & these are essential for it to conduct mining operations.

Normally a new Dwalin comes with 1 drone pre-installed & you get the option to install an additional 2 during the ship buying process. If none were installed when the ship was originally bought it strongly suggests that the DV shipyard had run out of mining drones. Certainly happened to me (more than once) - there's no NPC drone production in DV & with only limited inter-system trade it's not all that unusual for the DV shipyard to be short on all sorts of stuff, including drones. Love the ships the DV shipyard makes but it's often a case of bring your own drones.

Best bet is to take it to one of the other small shipyards & install the drones there. Contact the ship dealer, select "Modify Ship", then "Equip Drones", then select the Dwalin & choose type & quantity of drones to install. If none of the other shipyards have the right drones in stock you may need to keep an eye on drone production stations until one spits out a batch (easiest way to filter the trade screen is type "urv" into the box at top/right of trade screen), buy some mining drones & sell them to one of the shipyards before installing them on your Dwalin. It may be possible to get them onto the Dwalin using freight transfer, but haven't tried it personally & unsure of the mechanics of transfers between L (or XL) & M class ships (can definitely transfer drones between larger ships, just never tried a transfer involving an M class vessel).

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 02:28

Okay I read every post twice but the very obvious solution wasn't suggested so I am now playing the kind of persons who always blindly suggest to plug in the power cable if something doesn't work.

Have you just tried to call the pilot and give him the order
"Mine in sector..." instead?
Or does it really need to be that you are selecting the proper asteroids?

It is easier and I also don't know if S/M Miners have mining turrets (do they) or if they are just collecting the microasteroids.
When selecting the mining method together with the skunk by switching into the mining mode you are basically marking asteroids which need to be destroyed and therefore need a mining turret. For whatever reason this is useful :?

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 02:42

GCU Grey Area wrote:Dwalin can carry up to 3 surface mining drones & these are essential for it to conduct mining operations.

Normally a new Dwalin comes with 1 drone pre-installed & you get the option to install an additional 2 during the ship buying process. If none were installed when the ship was originally bought it strongly suggests that the DV shipyard had run out of mining drones.
This is exactly what happened to me, and it happens all the time.
Egosoft seriously needs to fix this problem, because its really annoying and very hard to enjoy the game, when the game does things like this.

Tamina wrote:Have you just tried to call the pilot and give him the order
It does not pop up with that feature when doing a direct COMMS with the pilot.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 02:44

Tamina wrote:I also don't know if S/M Miners have mining turrets (do they) or if they are just collecting the microasteroids.
Dwalin has a single mining laser & can conduct mining operations entirely independently. It's often a cheap first step for me when buying a mining ship for my first station, particularly if I can't afford to provide a warship to defend the zone where it'll be mining (much cheaper to replace a Dwalin than a bigger mining vessel).

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 03:09

Magma Tung wrote:
The specific order is labeled "Gather Resources ..." in the English menus, and should be in slot 2 on the "New Orders" menu.

"Mining Mode" for the Skunk causes ships to collect fragments you flag for collection after breaking apart the asteroids own mining laser -- if you don't flag anything for collection, it wont collect anything.

Magma Tung

Post by Magma Tung » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 03:17

Vim Razz wrote:
Magma Tung wrote:
The specific order is labeled "Gather Resources ..." in the English menus, and should be in slot 2 on the "New Orders" menu.

"Mining Mode" for the Skunk causes ships to collect fragments you flag for collection after breaking apart the asteroids own mining laser -- if you don't flag anything for collection, it wont collect anything.

Nope does not work either....
http://imgur.com/UqMVQXq

And also cant get the Skunk into mining mode, because it keeps telling me that no ships are available for that.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 03:19

Ah, looks like it has no drones, then. If it had even one then you should be able to select the option on the left-most slot.

And I think mining mode prefers capital ships? I'm not sure anymore, tbh... I haven't used it in a long time.
Last edited by Vim Razz on Wed, 25. Mar 15, 03:21, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”