Threats to Stations in Empty Space

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Artean
x4

Threats to Stations in Empty Space

Post by Artean » Tue, 24. Mar 15, 22:36

Have any of you ever had an attack on a station you built in empty space? I sure have not, and am wondering if there is any reason at all to upgrade stations with defenses.

Playing on 'hard' difficulty, I expected to have my assets attacked every now and then. Peace and harmony is quite overrated and would surely like to see some more offensive behavior of my enemies.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 00:02

Hi Artesan,

Ime there is a random chance for attacker although I'm not sure whether this is triggered by the player entering the zone. Also it may be specific to the overall location. For example I have an energy production in an "empty space" very close to a zone in Maelstrom and there are npc patrols even if I'm not in that zone.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Luanda

Re: Threats to Stations in Empty Space

Post by Luanda » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 00:31

Artean wrote:Have any of you ever had an attack on a station you built in empty space? I sure have not, and am wondering if there is any reason at all to upgrade stations with defenses.

Playing on 'hard' difficulty, I expected to have my assets attacked every now and then. Peace and harmony is quite overrated and would surely like to see some more offensive behavior of my enemies.
i didnt play much and had only a little station at the edge of a zone, it was under constant attacks so if you dont have it in empty space then they probably dont send the attackers really randomly. they are more of spawning in the zones where you are and there is a highway around. which is alright in my views. why would a pirate randomly fly in the empty space where there should be nothing. they are attacking the surroundings of the profitable areas :)

Artean
x4

Re: Threats to Stations in Empty Space

Post by Artean » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 12:19

Luanda wrote:why would a pirate randomly fly in the empty space where there should be nothing. they are attacking the surroundings of the profitable areas :)
Not randomly. They could actively seek my assets out because they are located in the outskirts of civilization and, hopefully, give them an easy target! Who knows, perhaps some of my employees betrayed me? :)

Well, my main point is that I think it would be more fun to have a real reason investing in home defense. And, along the same line, I would certainly enjoy if every pirate faction had a home base of their own located somewhere in empty space. One that I could seek my revenge on!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 12:37

My suggestion is to build defense upgrades if and while you can. This way your station can be prepared for future. Currently, there are no tutriels or raiding parties spawns in empty zones (at least not where my stations are), but who knows this can change in some future patch.

It seems to me that ES doesn't like exploits and removing of them is usually high on their priority list.

Perhaps lack of enemies in "player populated" empty zones will be consider as exploit sometimes in future and then... :twisted:

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 14:20

Definitely seems a bit of an exploit to me. Reckon building in empty space should be riskier than building in zones which are policed by government warships. However only time I've ever seen enemies in such places is when they're on their way to somewhere else (couple of times have seen Titurels boosting right past my stations to attack one of the 'proper' zones, but didn't even slow down or fire a single shot on their way past).

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 14:51

I'm interested... how relevant are highways to the spawning of pirate and Xenon incursions?

Assuming Titurals boost in randomly from the ether.. but fighters spawn in highways and exit randomly or similar to cap ships?

-LC-
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 17:08

As far as I know they all spawn in zone. haven't seen enemy tutriel boosting in sector nor have I seen bomber raiding party existing highways.

Small enemy ships spawned for mission do come from highways, enemy capitals just appear in zone.

Vyrebird
x4

Post by Vyrebird » Wed, 25. Mar 15, 21:07

I've seen Titurels boosting around between zones on multiple occasions, mostly while I was farming InnerWorld/CuspidSplint. I don't know what causes them to boost around - most of the time they do just seem to 'appear' out of nowhere. But they *do* boost between zones at least occasionally (though those ultimately still probably just 'appear' at their origin location, too). While boosting, they don't tend to be interested in stopping for anything they encounter along the way, though.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 10:38

Vyrebird wrote:I've seen Titurels boosting around between zones on multiple occasions.
yes, this happens.
I wanted to attack a Titurel for boarding, which was quite far from the nearest stattion.
when I flew towards it I noticed the booster engines starting up.
the order which he had was to fly to another zone.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Thu, 26. Mar 15, 11:06

DiArmada wrote:
Vyrebird wrote:I've seen Titurels boosting around between zones on multiple occasions.
yes, this happens.
I wanted to attack a Titurel for boarding, which was quite far from the nearest stattion.
when I flew towards it I noticed the booster engines starting up.
the order which he had was to fly to another zone.
Yes, I've also seen Tituriels boost several times. Usually the show up at a jump beacon and boost further into the sector from there. But I've never had them show up in my newly settle zones in empty space.

And, speaking of Tituriels, it would be nice if the free roaming pirates could have some variation in their cap ship arsenal.

bmtv0957
x4

Post by bmtv0957 » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 00:14

I think it's down to the zone you're in. Some zones seem to automatically spawn units after a certain amount of time. I've made base in ALB/Lookout Alpha/Epsilon Lowlands, and enemies are showing up pretty regularly to harass my station. I've even had a few Xenon Ks show up! I've had to up security. I've got an Arawn flanked by 2 taranis destroyers now, so they can handle any trouble that shows up.

I suppose its up to you. If you want to make things interesting you can always just build your stations in zones that are frequented by raiders.

Also, if you want things to get absolutely bananas, you can install the World War X mod in the steam workshop. Things will get plenty interesting for you very quickly!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”