Why can't I take over? Why doesn't the AI play by the same rules as the player?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Conbadicus

Why can't I take over? Why doesn't the AI play by the same rules as the player?

Post by Conbadicus » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 08:37

If I destroy a faction's presence in a sector and set up my own constructions, it should be MINE. If I destroy a factions ability to produce something or seriously hamper it, this should be reflected in its presence in the galaxy. NPCs shouldn't be allowed to spawn behind my lines of influence. I want to wage war on a faction with the end result being their eradication and I want them to have the same conditions I have. Gather materials, trade with allies, produce at the specific production rates, destroy ships and stations, gain territory, conquer galaxy. Yes, RTS style. Surely this can't be that hard to implement and I know there are lots of people who would like this kind of end game content??
I know the devs have MILLIONS of things to fix address and implement, but can someone please comment on whether this is planned or whether it has directly been addressed by the dev team as to why they can't do this? I believe this was something people wanted in reunion and was eventually modded in.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 17:33

I also want to be able to wipe out enemies and take over. 8)
Editing posts since long before I remember.

xenoncore123
x4

Post by xenoncore123 » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 18:06

Exactly how the game should be, same goes with the previous games.
"We are an island nation. What we lack in men, we can more than make up for in ships"

King Henry VIII- Tudors TV series

My virtual presence. Depressing isn't it ? :P
https://linktr.ee/scarrior

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 19:23

It's not a 'conquer the galaxy' game, guys. It's about building and protecting a financial empire. There are a lot of other games available for the power crazed megalomaniacs among us. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 19:33

I thought sandboxes were about whatever the player wants to do.

There's a "fight" in the description. Fighting and winning a huge battle or series of battles should mean something.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 19:37

There's plenty of 'fight' in the game already. :P

As for sandboxes, you sometimes need to provide your own toys for it. That's what the S&M forum is for, you know. :wink: Those that want such a feature can either make their own or ask someone else to make it for them. It doesn't need to be a vanilla part of the game.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 21:20

There are mods for that, I think.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 22:03

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=

first make things explode
and second you can make NPC build stations

ofcourse if you destroy RMP station
economy its fragile enough to stuck everything

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 08:59

Nanook wrote:There's plenty of 'fight' in the game already. :P

As for sandboxes, you sometimes need to provide your own toys for it. That's what the S&M forum is for, you know. :wink: Those that want such a feature can either make their own or ask someone else to make it for them. It doesn't need to be a vanilla part of the game.
Sure, but it is pointless fight because it doesn't affect anything. Even if we can't take over the galaxy by eradicating a faction, surely it makes sense to have your actions matter to all other aspects..

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 11:24

Roughly a year ago i stopped crying about this. The AI shouldn't cheat in ANY resources, build ships and stations out of nowhere without working for the required resources.

If I'm not mistaken there hasn't been any official comments that this would ever be implemented. Players and moderators speculated this would just imbalance economy even further :/

However, I still see it as a long-term challenge for the player to keep up the balance in the global economy.

Luanda

Post by Luanda » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 11:33

Assailer wrote:Roughly a year ago i stopped crying about this. The AI shouldn't cheat in ANY resources, build ships and stations out of nowhere without working for the required resources.

If I'm not mistaken there hasn't been any official comments that this would ever be implemented. Players and moderators speculated this would just imbalance economy even further :/

However, I still see it as a long-term challenge for the player to keep up the balance in the global economy.
well, you ARE mistaken, that is one of the selling point of the game. just go to steam a read the description... "A fully simulated economy that means your actions really do matter"

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 11:47

Assailer wrote:The AI shouldn't cheat in ANY resources
If I'm not mistaken there hasn't been any official comments that this would ever be implemented.
At least on this point of spawned wares, it has been addressed by Devs.

linolafett first stated that it has been stopped back in December (probably during the 3.00 beta):
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=#4465040

Although that change doesn't relate to spawning in empty ships or free-repairing stations, wares used in the economy at least must be made within the economy so our actions (directly via production, destruction or theft or indirectly by killing stuff before it kills other stuff) can have an impact.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 11:49

Newly spawned ships never have anything in their cargobay (changed some while ago). We try to let the AI build ships in shipyards. If this is not feasible they will be spawned out of thin air.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 11:59

Suddenly a wild echolafett appears :D

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 13:24

There could always be the normal difficulties, and then a new difficulty added called REAL. And nothing is produced out of thin air, nothing is not made from the bottom up within the game, nothing is spawned out of stardust...

and after a month or so when the entire galaxy goes to shit, the economy has collapsed, people will go back to playing within the basic boundaries of the pretty wide open sandbox they are given to play in. it is a sandbox, not an endless desert.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 20:15

linolafett wrote:Newly spawned ships never have anything in their cargobay (changed some while ago). We try to let the AI build ships in shipyards. If this is not feasible they will be spawned out of thin air.
I'm glad to hear it. :D

Now how about fully destructible stations?
Along with the ai's ability to build new ones, if needed.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. Mar 15, 23:51

And the ability for US to build stations FOR THEM, rather than having them pay us to build our own. I'd prefer to manage the stations I want to build rather than ones the NPC's pick. Let them manage their own darned stations!!
Last edited by Nanook on Thu, 19. Mar 15, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 00:24

Nanook wrote:And the ability for US to build stations FOR THEM, rather than having them pay us to build our own. I'd prefer to manage the stations I want to build rather than ones the NPC's pick. Let them manage their own darned stations!!
I agree...... NPC Managers have unlimited money so they can afford to do stupid things. Like send ship 5 jumps away to buy 100 E-Cells :roll: Also I think it would be nice for player to build shipyards for NPC to increase sink.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Conbadicus

Post by Conbadicus » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 11:53

Newly spawned ships never have anything in their cargobay (changed some while ago). We try to let the AI build ships in shipyards. If this is not feasible they will be spawned out of thin air.
Right, but what conditions constitutes not feasible. Missing a resource because we interfered with their production line? Why isn't the code: Fix the production line instead of, SPAWN SHIP ???

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Thu, 19. Mar 15, 22:41

Conbadicus wrote:
Right, but what conditions constitutes not feasible. Missing a resource because we interfered with their production line? Why isn't the code: Fix the production line instead of, SPAWN SHIP ???
I think if they bring galaxy trader that would solve some problems in game. OL need energy and they can always get some from DV (to keep economy working). Also this would give new element for empire builders too. But new sinks would needed to be created too.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”