3.20 Two problems in a single save game

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mylo-s
xr

3.20 Two problems in a single save game

Post by Mylo-s » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 00:27

Hello,

These two problems have previously been reported.

Problem 1:
Slow build in shipyards. PMC Shipyard in Shady Vault built a CV for me with no problems (really quick). Then, I ordered Scaldis and it is taking forever. There was a workaround by editing save (ammunition / unavailable / drones / edit / delete), but it did not help.

Problem 2:
Invisible enemies attacking and destroying ships without any response from defence officer. My CV in OL CC (tied to H2O Additives Fac) keeps being destroyed by riot squad that does not even appear on the map. Observing CVs defence systems shows no reaction from the defence officer. No matter how DOfficer is configured, there is no response from them. No defence drones are used at all.

Could someone please shed some light on these?

Savegame:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7t07fulaarf8z ... 4.zip?dl=0

Many thanks.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 2. Mar 15, 02:08

Hi there,

1. The shipyard could lack one or more building materials. You can test this in-game by scanning shipyard info points on for production lines (expanding the shipyard in the map and checking component names can help pinpoint the important ones) in order to reveal their status.

2. I don't think the map has ever really showed NPC ships in other zones properly (or at least not for a while) but it has been fixed in the current beta (3.50 beta 2). Yay :)

Good luck,
Sparks

Mylo-s
xr

Post by Mylo-s » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 00:52

1. Shipyard has all the resources. The point is not about getting stuck in production, but in the slow build. If you look at building percentage, it moves slowly. This has been reported a number of times.

2. The point of this is that the defence officer is not doing anything. There are 75 Interceptor MK2 on CV and none of them is being used. This has also been reported a few times. This is a frequent bug, it is just that it got caught at the same time as the slow ship build and I decided to post sa save game, so the devs can investigate.

Cheers,

M

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 08:25

1. OK, from the first post it sounded like the commonly reported effect from lacking a resource. Since that is not the case, how many construction URVs does it have left for construction? Does it have any buy orders up for them? If it has plenty, best to post a vanilla, uneditted save file in the beta area and I'm sure a Dev will look at it.

2. Devs have stated in the past that drones are launched when we are out of zone but that they are factored into the combat mechanics. As per the above, you could post a clean save game in the beta area.

It would also be helpful if you could post more less ambiguous information initially to avoid people spending time replying to it only to be told they don't get the point... The more info posted, the less chance of someone trying to shed light on things you already understand.

Mylo-s
xr

Post by Mylo-s » Tue, 17. Mar 15, 07:53

Hi Sparky Sparkycorp, thanks for your response.

Apparently the issue has been fixed in 3.5 (Beta 2).

My intention was to get Devs attention, since the problem had been reported a number of times.

Thus a savegame, so the Devs can look at it.

Cheers,

M

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”