EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[MOD] Miscellaneous IZ Combat Tweaks
View previous topic :: View next topic
beaver1981

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 19. Dec 17, 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
Sounds good!

-> Tested some changes again, not working really good. Could not implement a satisfying way to change behaviour if "this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count == 0". First Jump works but ship gets stuck and doesn´t do anything Sad

Quote:
Rather than adding a resume, might be better to add your new distance stuff to just within the do_while since it's based on changing conditions? That way, you wouldn't have to do all that stuff between start and the do_while every cycle. After the series of break checks looks about right. But yeah, i never thought of changing distance thresholds depending on drone availability. Interesting!

I wan´t the changing of distance thresholds depending on drone availability to work dynamically so that script needs rechecks.

Don´t really know how to do that. Will have to look into that.
If you got a good idea I woul appreciate that.

Changed the check-condition to

Code:
<do_if value="this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count gt 0 and this.ship.defencenpc.$config_attackenemies == 1">

since the original conditions for acquiring assault drone targets in the CES script are like this

Code:
<do_if value="this.ship.distanceto.{$enemies.{$i}} gt 7500m and this.ship.distanceto.{$enemies.{$i}} lt 35000m" chance="$DObaseskill">
                    <do_if value="@this.$config_attackenemies == 1 or this.ship.isplayerowned == false">
                      <add_to_group groupname="$wardronetargets" object="$enemies.{$i}" />
                    </do_if>

so I need a check on if thera are assault-drones and if the DO is configured to attack. I like to have that switch allowing a normal attack or attacking with assault drones.

If we could get this working I would like that you just update the CES edition. I would like to keep that modular so that it´s an option not a must have.

w.evans

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 19. Dec 17, 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

beaver1981 wrote:
I wan´t the changing of distance thresholds depending on drone availability to work dynamically so that script needs rechecks.

Yup. That's why i was suggesting you put it just inside the do_while, so drone availability would be checked every time the ship finishes a movement. Hm, would have to save the init numbers though so we could revert to those if the check fails.

Something like this. Right after:
Code:
<!--MICT: sometimes getting null targets.-->
<do_if value="not $target">
   <break/>
</do_if>

insert:
Code:
<do_if value="@this.ship.defencenpc.$config_attackenemies and this.ship.availableunits.{unitcategory.attack}.count gt 0">
   <do_if value="not $MICT_initbackup?">
      <set_value name="$MICT_initbackup" exact="[$MICT_MaxAimDist, $MICT_MinAimDist, $MICT_MaxJumpDist, $MICT_MinJumpDist, $MICT_MaxShortAimDist, $MICT_MinShortAimDist]"/>
   </do_if>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MaxAimDist" exact="15000m"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MinAimDist" exact="8000m"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MaxJumpDist" exact="15000m * (1.9f - ((this.skill.navigation + this.skill.morale)f / 10.0f))"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MinJumpDist" exact="15000m * (0.3f * (1.0f + (1.0f * ((this.skill.navigation + this.skill.morale)f / 10.0f))))"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MaxShortAimDist" exact="3570m * (2.0f - ((this.skill.navigation + this.skill.morale)f / 10.0f))" />
   <set_value name="$MICT_MinShortAimDist" exact="3570m * (0.1f * (1.0f + (1.0f * ((this.skill.navigation + this.skill.morale)f / 10.0f))))"/>
</do_if>
<do_elseif value="$MICT_initbackup?">
   <set_value name="$MICT_MaxAimDist" exact="$MICT_initbackup[1]"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MinAimDist" exact="$MICT_initbackup[2]"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MaxJumpDist" exact="$MICT_initbackup[3]"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MinJumpDist" exact="$MICT_initbackup[4]"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MaxShortAimDist" exact="$MICT_initbackup[5]"/>
   <set_value name="$MICT_MinShortAimDist" exact="$MICT_initbackup[6]"/>
</do_elseif>

beaver1981 wrote:
If we could get this working I would like that you just update the CES edition. I would like to keep that modular so that it´s an option not a must have.

No problem. Let me know when you're ready. i will be away from a computer starting for around a week starting on Thursday though, so might not be able to update until after. And i won't have any weekends next month, so can't do any heavy-duty testing until February.

hm. about "MICT: sometimes getting null targets.", just figured out why. should update that check at some point.