69%
NO, Just the Skunk is enough!
31%

Total votes: 118

Lander1979
x4

[POLL] More Player Flyable Ships

Post by Lander1979 » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 03:22

Do we want more player flyable ships? I vote for YES!
Last edited by Lander1979 on Fri, 27. Feb 15, 06:06, edited 1 time in total.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Araknis
x4

Post by Araknis » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 03:33

The skunk is pretty much capable of handling anything in the game atm,
I would like to see other things implemented, before getting to fly other ships.
A major galaxy wide boost in trade.
A more challenging universe, which in vanilla game is non existent.
Pirates with their titurels are hardly worth bothering, Xenon, are rarely seen anywhere outside their space and when they do its a K with maybe some fighter support which is a joke.
Maybe a war zone to sink all the production, a place where the opposing factions would collide and huge fleets would be destroyed.
It doesnt give the feeling of a live, evolving universe like in previous X.
Everyone sits happy in their space and thats it.

Zloth
x3tc

Post by Zloth » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 04:06

Can I vote "Whatever"? If the game is designed for a single ship then I want to play in a single ship. If not, then not.

What I actually want is variety in my game play. I don't care if it's done by adding different equipment to my ship or changing the entire ship.

RAVTIM
xr

Post by RAVTIM » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 04:21

I'm more interested in better macro AND micro management for fleets. IMO this is a far greater priority than giving the player more ships to fly.
I dream of 60 FPS

Ognjen85
x3tc

Post by Ognjen85 » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 06:05

Since there are only two options in this pool, I voted for yes.

The main reason for this is, because Skunk is pretty much same ship regardless to available updates you can install. Long story short, you can make it more/less powerful but on the end it is still same ship.

If player flying would be limited to M/S class of ships that would be fine for me. I'm sure that some people would like to fly more agile fighter ship or would like to fly a freighter/miner ship. Each kind of ships should have some advantages/disadvantages and unique features. Also, it would be nice if you could own more than one player ship to change whenever you would feel need to do so...

However, with all of that said, I also think that there are other higher priority things I would like to see implemented/improved before we get this option.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 07:28

Yes, provided they are not all combat ships.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 07:31

Araknis, RAVTIM, the poll mentions nothing of priorities or time lines.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 07:47

I'm actually fine with just one playership at a time, I'd just prefer a structure (both internal & external) that wasn't the current Skunk.

I'm even mostly fine with the current Skunk's capabilities (barring the use of the "More Crew" mod).

So what I'd really like is a few "Reconfigure Skunk (exterior)" options equivalent to the Cockpit variants, & another cockpit that combines the screens from the "Crane" version with cleanliness of the "Hawk".

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 10:19

The implication is "do we want it for X-Rebirth" (given some recent discussion topics) in which case priorities and timelines are a consideration, so I voted NO.

Big picture in the next X-Rebirth based title/major expansion (we are not talking Teladi Outpost type expansion) I would say YES - in fact I would consider it a requirement of said paid for product.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 10:26

I voted yes because in principle I'd like to see that in either XR or its successor or via mods. There are imho a couple more important matters to address before more flyable ships though.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 10:47

The question was not whether it is feasible to implement the feature in the near future, or if there are no more urgent changes to be made to the game.

Its about what players would like to have in the game (aka feedback), and not a request for players to create a priority list, or decide instead of ES what change is feasible and what is not.
If you want to decide on priorities and approve/reject change requests then apply at ES for a job lol...

DorianEU

Post by DorianEU » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 10:49

More controlled ships.
Small, Medium, Large, Capital, Motherships :)

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:38

@pref: If that thinly veiled personal remark was aimed at me - I was basing it on the other things I would prefer to see in the game not the perceived feasibility of it (e.g. better C&C, AI fixes, bigger universe, capital ship bridges, more diversity in ship upgrades). Multiple flyable ships is just too far down in my own list to expect it in X-Rebirth, I doubt if ALL of the other changes I would much prefer to see in the game are likely to be introduced never mind multiple-flyable ships.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:54

No - at least not in XR (many other things I'd like to be added/fixed in the current game instead).
Not averse to multiple flyable ships in the next game though.

Senar
x4

Post by Senar » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 11:57

No. I don't need flyable ships in X-Rebirth. Too much work to balance them, to much to do for devs now. Such precious time better be spent in polishing and expanding economics, management and fleet controls, immesrion too.
Multiple ships will be in the next title "X-MaturingToAFullGrownStateOFLife" I think. This is our "X-BTF", why do we need ships when we have our unique "X-Shuttle"?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 12:09

Difficult question, Senar...X:BTF allowed the player to trade station ware and upgrade their cargohold, then X-Tension brought multiple flyable ships 11 months later :P

Edit: But yes, you're probably right :)

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 12:46

Pilot a capital spip probably is useless with the approach that has been given to the game, but the chance to pilot many "Skunk class ship" would be great! The introduction of a "Skunk" for each faction would be a feasible step for example! :)
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 12:49

I voted ...No ..
Ego need to use the F word "fixed" before the S word "stuff" or "soon" .

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 15:55

You need to amend the poll.

1. Yes, more flyable ships is important to me.
2. No, I like having only one ship.
3. No, I want Egosoft to concentrate on other features.

This will bring more clarity into what we are seeing.
Why anyone would vote no for any reason other than wanting egosoft to put 100% of their effort into other things is beyond me.

Should probably restart it to be honest, because I think without this the results are misleading.

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 16:35

I voted "yes" but there are other, more important matters egosoft should deals with first.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”