I need a fix for problem described inside.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Venus8

I need a fix for problem described inside.

Post by Venus8 » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 23:58

Hi again.

Here is a vid of how things turned out to be after a fight with some plutarch ships,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iozrm0t ... e=youtu.be

Could you explain... i have 1st video with no delay before entering highway and second one where delay is long, but formation beside ships are attacked doesnt change and time when they are starting to loose shield capacity starts right after i enter and leave highway... who is attacking them? that station? distance is not to big? nothing else is shown on the map, and they dont change their formation. I dont really understand what is happening in there. I would like to leave my fleet stationing just where they are, so if you have an idea about how to make it work it would be apprecieted:) Is it not a little to much that fleet starts to be attacked right after i leave the place and then they dont do nothing with that they are under attack????

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 00:48

Did the Taranis receive hull damage when it's shields went down to 0%?

It could have it's boosters on.
Ships sometimes have their boosters on in a stationary position, not moving.

But by looks of the map, nothing was attacking it.
My moneys on the boosters draining the shields.. I think it's a bug known to Egosoft.
I've heard many complaints about it on the Beta forum.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Venus8

Post by Venus8 » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 01:36

Repeating that situation took me about 1h before i started to rec. and look here for answers. at 1st it turned out the way most unpleasent,,, i have saved the game and moved two sectors from fleet positioned exacly in the same place you see on the vid and after updating my pc with buy/sell options i checked on fleet status which was destroyed, with only albion shown in my property menu. So i started to check it and how it resolves... at first i though ill wait a moment and there will be a fight with ships coming out of jump, but it didnt happen so my guess was that i should move on and again my fleet got destroyed, another time i moved to highway and then checked the status. Ships started to take dmg... i have no idea what was that all about... ... possible i have a hacker with an screen-screen interface manipulating events taking place in-game? or a group of them... would by a disaster... :idea: ...... :D ..... i have not found an answer for this and moved fleet to smokestack before going to sleep with pc filled with trade offers for tommorow 8) Do you have a trick for groups of hacker's hacking your pc while you play, btw ;P?

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 04:00

^ op, re the question how to avoid groups of hackers on your pc while playing: yes there is; disconnect from your internet and play offline - you do know that you can play X Rebirth offline? Just select offline mode in the steam menu. If you play game offline, and still get the same behaviour in game you can dismiss the question that hackers are somehow doing it.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 17:06

I think he was joking about the hacker thing fyi

Ok so I watched the video and 2 things stood out for me:

1. Either it was your screen capture or you are suffering a horrendous frame rate issues. All I can say there is I couldn't play like that you should ask the tech support forum to help you out with that assuming your hardware is up to the job. My game doesn't freeze like that, it used to but subsequent patches from Egosoft and AMD driver updates improved things a lot.

2. The friendly ships taking damage... Ok I see a few problems there:
- you got no real warning there was a problem with your fleet, squad whatever you want to call it
- the map just wasn't giving you the full picture, you couldn't see what was causing the damage it might well have been enemy ships, so you weren't being informed of the tactical situation
- the AI and automation was not reacting to the problem
- you had no way to quickly order your ships to safety at that point in time

So you have a choice really, would you prefer your ships to just be smarter and avoid or react better to problems automatically OR would you prefer to see what was going on and have the choice yourself on how to react/command the ships? Either way there is a gap in how the game handles command and control effectively imho.

Venus8

Post by Venus8 » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 22:26

That was much of a mistery to me... on the other hand, it would be nice to have more behavior commands for your fleets, like "attack only military targets" "only civ... & withdraw from fights with warships" would be great for fighter squadrons... you know what i have in mind, and so reputation would be divided into "civ|military" if you hit only military targets so could be expected from the enemy that he wont hit your traders/mining fleets in matter of being honourable. Am not sure though, i never gave order to attack all enemies in your zone for fleet that was stationing somewhere, cose i was afraid they will shot everything thats ||RED||

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 22:39

Difficult to tell since you were not in the area and therefore not able to see which I would argue is the principal problem since I'm the sort of player that likes to see what is going on and make my own decisions.

Would you rather the map shows you the area surrounding your friendly fleet and then gives you command OR would you prefer the fleet acts by itself and leave the AI to make the choices be that good or bad?

Venus8

Post by Venus8 » Mon, 26. Jan 15, 23:58

Terrible, i would accept that if my ship is not in danger"? com open when not in battle|being shot at~targeted| i have a channel opened from those ships that are waiting for orders. Would keep action by itself without risking any missunderstandings or false decision's to be made.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”