Consistent docking speed?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

PromX
x4

Consistent docking speed?

Post by PromX » Thu, 15. Jan 15, 14:53

I know it is just a small thing, that can be overcome by pursaching docking computer, but still, i find a little silly, that every ship has its own docking speed it must obey, that is somehow derived from its maximum speed.

It would be much more immersive, for example, if all m3,m4 and m5 together would have standardized speed to dock with. The same would of course apply for each type of ships (m6, m7 etc) individually or grouped together. That one m6 can dock 80m/s and another one 30m/s makes no sence to me.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Thu, 15. Jan 15, 15:04

What game? In X3:AP I think it's always 40 m/s. At least that's what I assume. When I'm not using autopilot or a docking computer I usually slow down some more because I think 40 m/s would be too fast if this was real life.

PromX
x4

Post by PromX » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 22:00

No, the max speed at which you can dock is a given percentage of all ships maximum speeds. Just try it with a slow ship and then with a very fast one.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 13:54

In some X games, the max docking speed is 40 m/s or one quarter of the ship's max speed, whichever is the greater. Also purely manual docking and AI autodocking (autopilot not by docking computer) may act quite differently as regard to max docking speed for the faster ships.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”