Sell specific items from complex

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rahvyn
x3

Sell specific items from complex

Post by rahvyn » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 18:52

Good afternoon;

Is there a way in Terran Conflict Vanilla to only sell certain wares from the player complex? I am producing, among other things, microchips that I want to stockpile. At the same time, my complex also produces many other things that I want to keep selling. I tried setting the microchip price to maximum, but they keep buying. They are an end product, so I cant prevent through intermediate selling. Is there some way to tell the complex to not sell microchips?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 19:06

rahvyn wrote:Is there a way in Terran Conflict Vanilla to only sell certain wares from the player complex?

Not entirely, no.

The Dockware Manager in the Bonus Pack is intended to allow that, but it only works with certain traders (CAG, maybe?). Some traders ignore the Dockware settings, which makes the Dockware Manager mostly useless (unless you *only* use traders that support Dockware Manager).

A more reliable approach is to store the microchips onto a TS immediately as they are created. Since they are an end-product, that should not interfere with your complex.

The easy way is Station Camper (for modified games).

For vanilla games, you can use CLS2 (also in the Bonus Pack). Tim (or somebody) can tell you how to set that up.

rahvyn
x3

Post by rahvyn » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 19:15

Thanks - yeah, I do have CLS traders on that complex, it was the NPC traders that were buying it up. I'll try camping a freighter there and have them buy microships.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Mon, 12. Jan 15, 19:31

Make sure you set the 'minimum buy' to zero. It takes a lot of microchips to make the 5% on a standard freighter.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 04:50

You can forbid other races to buy at your complex. If you set up a freighter for each ware you want to sell, you can use the normal sell for best price command.
For most high-tech wares a TP has sufficient cargospace. For some wares even an M5 can do it.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 05:02

I typically separate out Microchips because of the extreme demand. There are simply never enough and the huge number of them you'll need mean a dedicated complex is almost required.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Martin Head
xr

Post by Martin Head » Thu, 15. Jan 15, 11:29

You could buy a Trading Station and ship the wares you want to sell to it, and close your complex to NPC ships

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”