- Concept: anDron
- Interface Development: alexusvm, anDron, boojum, GURU917
- Software Development: alexusvm, AlexYar, anDron, boojum, eliseeff, GoodFrost, GURU917, jekasikpups, Ritchie, Sovsemneon
- Primary Programmer: alexusvm
- Testing: www.elite-games.ru
Compatibility Notice - The "Save game import" feature does not officially support modded games. If your save game contains modded stations, it may result in an error during the importation process.
X Rebirth Builder 2.1 (English Edition)
Like many fellow fans of the X-series, the empire-building aspect of these games have always been my favorite. But I had long been frustrated by my efforts in X Rebirth. The new factory system - while in-depth - proved to be somewhat unintuitive and difficult to understand. The varying (often asymmetrical) production bonus also made precise production calculation a nightmare. Unfortunately the poor reception X Rebirth received upon release alienated many senior modders from the X3 days, and years after the game's release, I was dismayed to find that no station production calculator had been created. Some efforts at collecting and organizing station production info was made, but the fact remained that a working production calculator was still far away.
So when alexusvm informed me of the existence of a fully-working X Rebirth factory calculator that has been in development at the Russian gaming community for 2 years, imagine my astonishment! Having never translated a program from another language before, I was initially a bit reluctant when the job was offered to me. But partially driven by my own (very selfish) need to have a tool like this, I felt compelled to undertake the task...
So now, without further adieu, I present the first English-translated edition of X Rebirth Builder 2.1!
- Builder Tool Introduction:
X Rebirth Builder 2.0 (Russian title: "X Rebirth Build 2", changed to avoid confusion) is a comprehensive set of tools for calculating and planning your player empire. Its functions and features are far more extensive than I anticipated.
Some of its key features include:
- Interactive galaxy map with station and ware balance information for the displayed area (includes production by NPC stations). Easily visualize the production and consumption of specific wares across the galaxy!
- Save game data import allows you to populate the Builder's universe with added NPC stations (such as the constructed Canteran atations), pre-existing player stations, and faction reputation information (includes a reputation check option to exclude hostile stations from calculation).
- Construction resouces & Freighter cargo calculator allows for comprehensive construction planning. Easily figure out how much a station costs to build and how many ships it takes to transport all the wares! You can even export and import a construction fleet configuration.
- Elaborate station module & crew configuration allows for stage-by-stage "virtual" construction of your stations, with module-specific production and bonus information applied to calculation. Plus the ability to specify crew skill levels to adjust the efficiency bonus!
- Multiple universe & complex instance support let's you work on multiple complexes at once, in different instances of the game universe if you want!
- Powerful printing tools allows you to print out a plethora of useful information of your choosing.
- X Rebirth Builder 2.1 - English User Manual (.PDF)
- X Rebirth Builder 2.1 program executable (.EXE)
X Rebirth builder 2.1.51
- Fixed a bug in calculating stations in the "Station" tab;
- Fixed a bug when installing the location of new stations of player;
- Fixed printing errors;
- Fixed print output information on warehouses;
- Fixed display of information about the weapon station in the tab "Complex" (AlexYar);
- Fixed display of performance factors included in the group;
- improved performance for the buttons on / off all production at the "Complex" tab (AlexYar);
- Updated the printing of complex structures, and stations;
- The possibility of vertical centering of tables is added, when printing;
- "Station" tab: added the counter of stations added to the station complex (AlexYar);
- "Station" tab: new stations initially have the maximum settings (specialists have a level according to the program settings) (anDron).
*The current version of the game 4.10 + DLC "Forpost Teladi" + DLC "Home of Light"
Rebirth builder 2.1.50 (X Rebirth 4.10-compatible version)
04/30/2017: version 2.1.50
- Added printing, calculation of loading of transport ships (SerP).
* The current version of the game 4.10 + DLC "Outpost Teladi" + DLC "Home of Light"
XR Builder 2.1.45 RC4
- fixed rounding of resources (AlexYar);
- fixed save function of the complex;
- fixed "No Manager" warning for the station without production modules and/or storage;
- added the budget of the Manager for the player's station (only for updated universe) (AlexYar);
- added warnings for weapons systems of the stations (only for updated universe, function on/off in the window "Settings") (AlexYar);
- added check missing specialists (function on/off in the window "Settings") (AlexYar);
- added searching free player-owned specialists (AlexYar);
- added display of the active zone (only for updated universe);
- added list of available personnel (for active zone) (anDron);
- added player statistics window (only for updated universe) (AlexYar);
- added configure alerts for NPC stations (anDron);
- added correction of calculation of the limits of storage = 5% (anDron)
- changed complex save format (old versions are supported, but require updates).
Alternative Tool: X Rebirth Station Calculator (by Phipsz)
This is a much more light-weight tool, written by Phipsz. It is web-based and platform-independent, so players on Linux and Mac systems can use it.
The tool currently does not allow module configuration, so ware production/consumption values presume all stations to be fully-extended. Phipsz is continuing his work on this, and has made it open-source so people can help contribute as well (see github).
- XR Station Calculator (Web Tool)
- Source Code (github)
Edit: New version available from Alex listed above - Sparky