[Tool] Save game Editor & CAT\DAT explorer\extracter v0.1.21 (2015-02-02)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

How would you like to get the application and updates:

(current) As a Click-Once application, the application is user bound and auto updates
34%
As a Click-Once application (with a selectable install dir), the application is user bound and auto updates (Under the hood the application would create a symlink from the Click-once install dir to the destination dir, not sure if this is possible)
9%
In a zip downloadable from the internet
39%
In a installer with a selectable install path
17%

Total votes: 87

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 15:43

im trying to extract the xml files under t but it keeps crashing

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 16:38

If you are interested what's inside them - it's all text used in the game (subtitles, menu text, object names and descriptions etc.) - no need for a special editor the format is pretty self-explaining
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 16:59

im pretty much filled with ideas at the moment, i grew tired of balancing weapons and now i want to turn the skunk into a foltor raider

using the katana mod as an example and want to compare files on what he did using notepad++

im even thinking of putting all bullets (not mining weapons) under 1 weapon macro (if thats even possible) so i could fire them all at once and the only limitation is you can mix and match which weapons you want, no more switching to another weapon.
ill have to rebalance the weapon mods i did again though

also thinking of making even more variants of some of the weapons but since i cant make an explosive projectile, im getting limited ideas

but jesus if only egosoft has some sort of mod info database like ArmA3
ex.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Cfg ... _Reference
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Weapons_settings

a modding newbie like me would have an easier time, in ArmA3 i could even go as far as edit the weapon mesh and turn someones XM8 s.rifle into an 10mm cannon with an XM8 design (cant share it though as it was someone elses mod)

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 17:21

I don't think that will work because a weapon consists of both the bullet and the weapon itself, each defining a part of the weapon stats. Also it may be a bit tricky to make weapons work like in X3 where you have multiple slots that you can switch on and off - I have a vague idea how to achieve that but no one has done it yet. For adding additional weapon systems have a look at iforgotmysocks work - he did that already.

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

xrook

Post by xrook » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 17:51

im way over my head, i know

so... how about that extracting problem, the t xmls arent the only ones making it crash

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 25. Aug 15, 19:23

why are you not just using EGOs Cat tools and extracting everything in order into a seperate Folder for browsing the Files? imo the most convinient way if you need to reference the Game files

here a short (2 lines) batch file which does the trick for you - just put it next to EGOs Extraction tool in the "X Rebirth Tools" folder:

Code: Select all

mkdir "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
XRcatTool.exe -in "..\X Rebirth\01.cat" "..\X Rebirth\02.cat" "..\X Rebirth\03.cat" "..\X Rebirth\04.cat" "..\X Rebirth\05.cat" "..\X Rebirth\06.cat" "..\X Rebirth\07.cat" "..\X Rebirth\08.cat" "..\X Rebirth\09.cat" -out "..\X Rebirth\XR_extracted"
after running it (takes about 15 minutes) you have all current Game Files in the sub-Folder XR_extracted next to the X Rebirth exe

Grassturtle

Post by Grassturtle » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 06:50

I downloaded the zip version of this editor ...

The only thing that seems to work is editing the skunk ... is this the only feature in this editor? are there plans for viewing and editing player properties (such as stations and other player owned ships)?
Station Comm : Would the pilot with the fleet of capitol ships, please take what they want.

Think outside the box .....

jwt22

Post by jwt22 » Sat, 10. Oct 15, 04:55

i dont think this is being updated anymore
I never feared death or dying
I only fear never trying

Matticus88

Post by Matticus88 » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 15:28

Can't load save file..

Code: Select all

Category: Error - Timestamp: 01/03/2016 13:30:26 
Exception: System.Exception: Unable to create SaveGameEditor for path C:\Users\matti\Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth\27793963\save\save_001.xml.gz ---> System.Exception: Failed to load XMLDocument into memory. There probably is an issue with XMLs structure. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x1F, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 1.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowInvalidChar(Char[] data, Int32 length, Int32 invCharPos)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor.LoadNewSaveGame(String savePath)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor.LoadNewSaveGame(String savePath)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor..ctor(String savePath, CatDatExtractor cde)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor..ctor(String savePath, CatDatExtractor cde)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.FormXRebirthSaveGameEditor.ofd_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
StackTrace:    at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.SaveGameEditor..ctor(String savePath, CatDatExtractor cde)
   at X_Rebirth_Save_Game_Editor.FormXRebirthSaveGameEditor.ofd_FileOk(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)

Dripc

Post by Dripc » Tue, 1. Mar 16, 15:36

As i told u in other post. First extract xml file(save) from your save_001.xml.gz And then open it with saveditor :)

kelmenwong

Post by kelmenwong » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 12:12

this tool doesn't work with savegame in gz format

alexalsp

Post by alexalsp » Sat, 5. Mar 16, 14:22

kelmenwong wrote:this tool doesn't work with savegame in gz format
The tool has not been updated for a long time. GZ - archive it. Unpack the archive and you will be happy. :P

RaifalM3n

Post by RaifalM3n » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 12:30

so how exactly does the new savegames work?! after saving the new one i pack it to rar and it doesn t work ingame... what em i missing?!

TSM
Not a Moderator

Post by TSM » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 13:00

RaifalM3n wrote:so how exactly does the new savegames work?! after saving the new one i pack it to rar and it doesn t work ingame... what em i missing?!
You can turn off compression in your game settings :)

Game engine will only load .xml or .gz
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Marvin Martian

Post by Marvin Martian » Thu, 10. Mar 16, 13:05

as far i know the engine prefer .gz, but will load .xml about downward compatibility
so there is no need of compress the savegame after editing, or disable compressing

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”