[Mod by Clownmug] Boarding Options (updated on 29/04/2018)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

[Mod by Clownmug] Boarding Options (updated on 29/04/2018)

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 2. Nov 14, 00:17

Posting to let people know about the following Steam Workshop mod. It personally made my day for the simple reason it can stop Yisha selecting the Drone Bay and Capital Shield Generators during boarding :) (but there are other options too!)

The author (Clownmug) is called camus on Steam.
camus wrote: This is a simple mod that adds a few menu prompts for handling a boarding mission. It also adds a display that shows your marines' strength and the target ship's boarding resistance.

Here are the current menu options at each part of the boarding process:

Stage 1 - Pre-Boarding Options*

Option 1: Disable Engines/Jumpdrive
Option 2: Disable Weapons
Option 3: Launch Pods
Option 4: Abort

Stage 1B - Target Moving Too Fast / Pods Not Launched Yet

Option 1: Disable Engines
Option 2: Attempt Boarding
Option 3: Abort

Stage 2 - Pods Landed / Support Options

Option 1: Normal Support
Option 2: Target Weapons Only
Option 3: Use Hacking Only

Stage 2B - Pods Landed / Hacking Options
Option 1: Start/Continue Hacking
Option 2: Find A New Target
Option 3: Disable Hacking

*It is recommended to use disable engine, jumpdrive, or weapon options if those systems were disabled by hacking. Destroying the hacked objects resets them so that they can be repaired without any delay.

----------- 
Change log

29/04/2018:
- Added an alternate version that is compatible with the CWIR: New Frontier mod.

10/02/2016:
- No more conflict with capital bridge mod in version 4.0

Version 1.10:
- Updated marine strength calculation.

Version 1.09:
A repeated hint noise was fixed.

Version 1.08: 
- Added display of target ship's boarding resistance and your marines' total strength.

Version 1.07: 
- Updated to work with 3.0.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =330045116
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Sun, 2. Aug 15, 10:21, edited 6 times in total.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Mon, 3. Nov 14, 00:22

Interesting. I would like to be able to just use hacking on some ships, since they are in hot zones.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

LordSneazy
x4

Post by LordSneazy » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 19:13

When I try to board a ship it now just explodes....

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 19:39

LordSneazy wrote:When I try to board a ship it now just explodes....
Is that in v2.51 or the beta? The mod hasn't been updated again yet.

LordSneazy
x4

Post by LordSneazy » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 07:50

3.00 Beta2

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 08:41

Thanks, good to know.

The author communicates through the Steam forum linked above, feel free to let him know.

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 15:53

There's a lot of bugs in the beta right now, don't know if that has anything to do with a ship randomly exploding though. Is it possible they were being shot up by other ships/nearby stations?

(I'm the mod author btw) :wink:

Litauen
xr

Post by Litauen » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 17:14

This mod works great for me on 3.00 beta2.

Capped ~10 Titurels with it. Very convenient when it is not required to blow engines/jumpdrive when capping.

LordSneazy
x4

Post by LordSneazy » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 17:58

I saved right before it happened reloaded and checked, and the ship had shields still working and hull left, everytime I send the marines, when they arrive it just explodes.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it but it was a mission created balor.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 00:23

Clownmug wrote: (I'm the mod author btw) :wink:
Mod Author! Hi :)

Sorry, I totally missed you wrote this here....

Thanks very much for taking on-board my feedback about the Drone Bay and Capital Shields :wink:

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Fri, 12. Dec 14, 00:29

Glad this has been updated for 3.0, I think I kinda gonna need it really bad now that capping ships is next to impossible. Now at least I should be able to take out all defenses before I send my marines over :)
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 10. Jan 15, 13:56

Hey Clownmug,

Just thought you might want to know that your recent change with the sound_library.xml is causing a minor issue with Litauen's use of sel="/soundlibrary/sound[@id='notification_hint']" in his capital ship bridge mod.

Have no idea what it does since I haven't yet landed on a capital since your update. Probably just some notifications on the bridge mod failing to fire.

And thought it best to report it here rather than in your steam workshop mod page. Please let me know if you would prefer reports posted there instead.

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 03:39

w.evans wrote:Hey Clownmug,

Just thought you might want to know that your recent change with the sound_library.xml is causing a minor issue with Litauen's use of sel="/soundlibrary/sound[@id='notification_hint']" in his capital ship bridge mod.

Have no idea what it does since I haven't yet landed on a capital since your update. Probably just some notifications on the bridge mod failing to fire.

And thought it best to report it here rather than in your steam workshop mod page. Please let me know if you would prefer reports posted there instead.
The display for "Target Resistance" and "Marine Strength" uses the <show_help> command which the capital ship bridge mod also uses to show hull and shield percentages. That notifcation_hint sound goes off every time the <show_help> is used. I just copied the code from the capital bridge mod to remove the sound. As far as I can tell there should be no problems.

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sun, 11. Jan 15, 09:32

Ah, sorry about that. I checked after you mentioned it, and it turns out that there seems to be a conflict because both mods are trying to remove the same thing. Should have checked before I submitted the report. Sorry, again.

Rubini
xr

Post by Rubini » Tue, 13. Jan 15, 03:39

Hi mate,

I like so much Boarding Options mod, thanks a lot by your effort on it. I also liked so much the "Balance' of forces that MR mod does. But I was fixed on find a way to have also the prescan phase optional as you did for hacker phase. This is exactly what i achieve, in a semi automatically way, preserving both mods total functionality. If you want to look at the code please let me know where to send it. (i just added 3 new lines and moved a small 3 lines block on your BO boarding.xml file)

I just posted the below on Marine Rebalance mod thread (and excuse me my english, isn´t my native language):
Finally achieve to make the prescan totally optional. No need to exclude any ship (neither Balor anymore). The changes were made on BO mod. I added three lines and moved a small 3 lines block (obviously observing the XR original boarding.xml file). Now when you choose on the onscreen BO menu to "Disable engines/jumpdrive" or "Disable weapons" the routine will turn on the prescan just for that options automatically. If you are in a hurry or don´t want prescan you can then just choose "launch pods". If you already disabled the engines/jumpdrive or weapons but want the prescan, no problems, just choose one of them that you will do a prescan followed by the launch of pods.

This was for me the best compromise. Now the Prescan is really optional and strategic. I can´t publish it because it made small changes on BO mod itself. But if anyone want it we could ask to BO author to make it, perhaps, an optional "official" BO mod. It don´t change any functionality of both MR or Bo mod. Even the MR prescan output changes on fight progress is preserved, not was changed.

It was also possible to add a new on screen menu like "Make Prescan" but this will then change the BO mod a bit too much, so I choose to made it semi automatic, works without flaws and it is that simple in syntax.
Rubini.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 10:44

Thanks for mentioning there was an update people. OP and title updated.

Clownmug, do obviously feel free to create your own thread for the mod if you like. This one was only created to draw attention to before we, or at least I, knew your Egosoft forum name.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 16:37

Is this mod still working properly in 3.50 .3 ,,,, Have done 3 boardings since release and no skill increase with marines.....?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 7. Mar 15, 18:08

Speaking as a user, my marines seemed to be training in a 3.50 beta 1 fresh plot start while this mod was active. Not tried with beta 3 though.

Thanks for mentioning so we can keep a look out.

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 09:48

what does "use hacking only" really do? help speed up the capturing?

is it part of vanilla feature, or proprietary by this mod?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 10:36

IIRC, the idea is that it would provide an increased chance of not losing marines at the next boarding stage, in the same way as completing Yisha boarding missions would. Thus it can help capture a ship with a minimum destruction of surface elements

Not tried it so not sure if the option is working or not. please let us know :)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”