Icons and target boxes disappear

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

arthureloi
x3tc

Icons and target boxes disappear

Post by arthureloi » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 13:06

Hello. First, congratulations for the excellent 3.0 release.
I have a nasty bug here. After playing for some time, the interface icons on the stations (information "i", docking icon, mission icons) disappear and all the boxes around ships are gone too. Also gone are the icons on highways. I can only fix this by restarting the game. This is getting pretty annoying. How can I fix it?
This is a fresh freeplay 3.0 start. I have WWX, no highway music, mission computer, station announcements, opaque event monitor, show balance and capital ship bridge mods.

Thanks!!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 13. Dec 14, 16:08

Unless you can reproduce this in an unmodified game, we will have to assume that one of the mods you have installed is responsible and leave you to take the matter up with the author(s).

arthureloi
x3tc

Post by arthureloi » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 13:06

I noticed that it happened some time after I alt tabbed the game. In my last sessions I did not alt tab and it worked fine. Let's see if I'll get the bugs in the future.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by linolafett » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 13:58

We found at least one reprocase (shoot a torpedo and look around with numpad, while it explodes). This causes the whole UI to not reappear. If you have more of these cases, please note them down! :)

arthureloi
x3tc

Post by arthureloi » Mon, 15. Dec 14, 16:10

Yes. I used to look around a lot with the numpad before. Now I don't use the freelook as often. It might be causing these problems.

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”