Help with changing a ships model

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kaistern
x3ap

Help with changing a ships model

Post by kaistern » Thu, 4. Dec 14, 23:27

Background: I have always loved the ship andromeda, i think it is one of the best looking ship i ever have seen. Back when i originally started messing with mods i found a xsp for it as well as the slipfighters it uses. However i found the just adding it to the universe breaks the game for me. So i shelved the idea and started playing LU. Now i am playing XMO where you start the game off with a M1.

What I want to do: i want to change the model of the M1 i have to the model of the andromeda xsp without changing the in game states of the M1. To clarify i just want to change MODEL without changing the STATS.

I also want to Change the model of one of the fighters to the slip fighter model without changing its stats as well.

How do i do this? Is it even possible without major rework of everything?

Added:@joubarbe: sorry if this irks you, i like the mothership and fighters from your mod, however i have always LOVED the Andromeda and her slip fighters.
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Sat, 6. Dec 14, 16:47

first you will need X3 Editor 2

backup your "Types" folder from your game directory

install your xsp ship

open X3 editor 2 >> open vfs >> types >> tships

find your replacement ship (xsp ships are usually listed as Argon with names thats starts like this ---> "ZZZ_SHA_XXX")

in a new tab, open tships again and find your M1 that need to be replaced

on your xsp ship.. go to "Model" and copy the ship model and the ship cockpit and paste it to the M1

on your xsp ship, now go to "Turrets".. you have to copy everything here one by one to the M1.. the upper part is the ships camera positions that corresponds to the ships scene file and the lower part controls the turrets (how many guns it can carry).. if you mess up here you can have a non-working turret or a camera that is positioned inside the ship...

to check if you did everything correctly, spawn the m1 using Cheats.. check if it flies, camera positions, turrets, docking ports..

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 6. Dec 14, 22:33

THANKS!!! Ill have to see if i can put it to good use tonight
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”