Unable to register both games from Steam Terran War bundle

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

MrPendent
x3ap

Unable to register both games from Steam Terran War bundle

Post by MrPendent » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 19:18

Hello! I bought the X3: Terran War bundle from Steam a few days ago. I am attempting to register my copies of AP and TC. When I right click on TC in steam, I have an option that says "Register your game". Clicking that gives me a registration code. When I entered that code in my profile, it registers AP.

If I right click on AP in Steam, there is no "Register your game" option.

The only reason this really matters is that the downloads section can't tell me if certain items will work with my game because it doesn't know which games I own.

I didn't find anything on forum about this issue, so I am posting in the hopes that someone else has solved the problem.

Thanks!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 20:17

Hi. Two things about that problem.

First, you don't have an X3AP registration code because you don't need or even get one with that bundle. The X3TC registration is all you need to fully use these forums.

Second, why are you looking at downloads for the DVD X3TC game from Egosoft when you have the Steam versions of X3TC and X3AP which are both kept fully updated by Steam?

Some FAQs may help, especially any notes at the end here and here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MrPendent
x3ap

Post by MrPendent » Sun, 30. Nov 14, 22:16

Thank you for the reply, Alan.

I didn't know if the Steam version of TC included the X³TC All In One Bonus Package. As to your first point, I put in the code that my copy of TC gave me and it shows up on my profile as AP.

But, if I don't need anything else, that's grand. :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Dec 14, 21:54

MrPendent wrote:...As to your first point, I put in the code that my copy of TC gave me and it shows up on my profile as AP...
No, it's listed as X3TC post X3AP (3.1.1). :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”