New Game 3.0

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LordDr4x3l

New Game 3.0

Post by LordDr4x3l » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:37

Hello, I am now playing with the beta 3.0 and continuing my game started with 2.5. you must start again from 0 when coming out the official 3.0 or can I continue the campaign?

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:41

The live patch releases are always compatible with earlier saves, but the beta might not be. I think they usually have been, but there's no guarantee you'll be able to play the live release on a beta save.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 25. Nov 14, 22:43

Egosoft's** official policy is to maintain compatibility with savegames from previous versions, unless explicitly stated otherwise. My guess is that this patch will be no different.

**hint-read my signature. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ty_cho
x3tc

Post by ty_cho » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 05:29

LordDr4x3l wrote:Hello, I am now playing with the beta 3.0 and continuing my game started with 2.5. you must start again from 0 when coming out the official 3.0 or can I continue the campaign?
Nanook wrote:Egosoft's** official policy is to maintain compatibility with savegames from previous versions, unless explicitly stated otherwise. My guess is that this patch will be no different.

**hint-read my signature. :wink:
While technically true, as it is a beta, there is the very real possibility that it won't until the full release.

They will absolutely make sure on full release that it is compatable though.

That said, i've been playing the 3.0 betas with no problem so far.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 26. Nov 14, 08:55

Always back up your game saves.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”