Wrath of the Hive (LU + XM-O DiD)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 09:36

----------

-Average Mission Unlocked-

----------

The Next day proved to be no better for Isaac, as he searched the core Argon sectors from top to bottom without finding so much as a crumb of Nividium. He was pleased though when he checked up on the Serenity to find that Captain Tommy had turned a decent profit the day before and was already shipping several loads of mass drivers to a couple of stations in The Wall and Herron's Nebula. It wouldn't make much money but every bit counted, right? Towards the end of the day, Isaac fly his ship through the gate to Kingdom End and then boosted his way through to Rolk's Drift, hoping to maybe find some Nividium in the Boron's homeland. As he cleared the gate in Rolk's Drift he launch his sensor drone, silently counting the time for it to relay him the data he needed.

[Scan Results: Seven stations, Boron. Debris: Likely from asteroid minning. Four Class 1 asteroids: Composition unknown.]

That's the only down side to this asteroid scanning business, the sensor drone could find the roids but it couldn't scan them. Calling the drone back to his cargo hold, Isaac set off to scan the roids. First one, Silicon. Second one, Ore. Third one, Ore. Damn, just another useless sector. Fourth roid....... Nividium, 116 million Metric Tons. Holy Shit! Pay load!

I opened my mind up and searched through the cosmos, trying to find the mothership. It wasn't easy, I was new to this hive mind thing. But finally I found what i was looking for. Crystal's sweet voice spoke to me as if she was sitting right next to me.

"My prince! Your Kha'ak powers are growing I see." I didn't know about these "Kha'ak powers" but my ability to communicate with her did seem to be improving.

"So it would seem Crystal. I have found Nividium in Rolk's Drift, please tell the queen to come with due haste." I spoke the words, though how she heard me I still did not understand. She laughed softly at me.

"My prince, do you know it is not necessary to speak to be heard? The queen is thrilled at your news we should be arriving........Now" As she spoke the Mothership emerged from the gate just south of me, "Will you be joining us?"

I didn't need to be asked twice, quickly turning my ship toward the hangars, and bringing it in to land. No sooner then I had set down then several drones emerged from nearby and set about seeing that the ship was still in mint condition. I turned and made my way through one of the many doors leaving the hangar to where I could since that Crystal was waiting for me.

As I walked into the room adjacent to the hangar Crystal rushed over to me and hugged me warmly. I could feel her warms skin touching mine, and briefly I forgot that she wasn't human, I forgot that she was just an android. As she stepped back I felt my cheeks warming, embarrassment flushing my face. She smiled sweetly at me as she gestured toward the door. As we walked out of the room and down a corridor her hand snaked its way into mine.

"We have missed you, I have missed you." I felt my cheeks getting warm again, as I tried to push down the embarrassment.

"I have missed being here too. It's weird to me, this is not my home yet I feel more at home here then anywhere I have ever lived before. It's like I have spent my life moving from place to place, searching for here." We talked while we walked, turn after turn. Finally we came to the veiwport at the front of the ship. It had come to be my favorite place, which such an amazing view of space. The asteroid I had found floated in front of us, a massive ball filled full of the building materials for my fleet.

"What happens next?" I asked turning towards her, our hands still interlocked. She turned to face me her face beaming as she spook.

"It will take us several days to fully absorb the asteroid. The process has already begun, even though you can't see anything." Suddenly a look of concern crossed her face, "My Prince, A Boron Military Ray and several Barracudas just exited from the jump gate and are quickly approaching us." Why were the boron's sending a task force after me?

"Can you hail the ray?" Crystal nodded and then waved slightly as a holographic display appeared on the screen depicting a rather confused looking squid.

"This is Captain Isaac, how may I help you?" I asked trying to be as polite as possible, no since in angering the owners of the only Nividium i had so far found.

"I am Fleet Marshal Kuta'Na. We detected your ship here and believed it to be another Kha'ak attack. What is the purpose of your visit to our space?"

"I am here under orders of Admiral Bane. I need this asteroid for the war effort, and after that I will..."

"General Bane has no authority here. That asteroid is Boron property and it will stay as such. I am on orders to see you and the abomination you call a ship out of Boron territory. You have one hour to comply." And with that the line went dead. I looked to Crystal confused at how the boron had acted.

"That was very rude. Can you call Admiral Bane from here?"

"Of course, just a moment." It took longer this time but within a minute a new screen popped to life with Admiral Bane on it.

"Isaac, it's good to see you. How goes the search?"

"Well I found Nividium, however it's in Rolk's Drift and the Boron Military are refusing to let me have it. Is there anyway you can help?" Admiral Bane set back and seemed to ponder it for a minute.

"Not directly however Admiral De'Wolf technically has command over all allied forces, including the Boron Military. I'll call him and he should be able to talk some since into them. Hold on a minute." The holoscreen changed to a waiting screen for several minutes. I felt nervous, the ray was currently circling the mothership and I felt like a fish caught in a net. If this didn't work... Bane came back on the line.

"Alright, the Borons won't like it but they can't refuse and order from him. They wont both you anymore." No sooner then he finished his sentence then the ray started to move off towards the gate. "Admiral Bane has made similar arraignments for you with the rest of the allied forces, so you should have any problems with them either. Good hunting, Bane out."

----------

After the Ray left Crystal and I headed down to a cafeteria where several drones were eating. As we came into the room a drone came up to us a guided us to a table where it served us Beef Steaks with some sort of alien vegetable that reminded me of green colored mashed potatoes. To my surprise Crystal actually ate with me.

"I didn't know you could eat."

"Of course I can silly." Krystal replied with a jovial expression. "I'm and android not a robot. I have all of the same functions as a human. The only difference is that I was created by a machine. I still require food for nourishment."

"When you say all the functions, do you mean ALL the functions?" I asked trying to hint.

"What do you mean, of course I mean all if I say all." I sighed, this was going to take a more direct approach.

"I guess what I am asking is, do you have a functioning reproductive system?"

"Of course. I am equipped with all of the necessary functionalities for reproduction. Why do you want to know?" I blushed furiously.

"Oh no reason, I was just curious."

We finished our food which was quite good and then i retired to a room that had been assigned to me. "Room" was not quite the word for it. "Room" implies a certain amount of smallness, a kind of roomy feeling. This felt more like a massive biodome. I was fairly confident that you could fit two or three full sized mansions inside of my "room." I felt a little off trying to sleep in such a wide open space, but at least the bed was comfy!

Before I fell asleep I checked on the status of the Serenity. I was pleased to find that they had had another lucrative day, running two more passenger transports and profiting a good 900k credits before they had put in for the night. I'll have to remember to give Tommy a raise.

----------

Assets:

Game Time: 2:20 with 1 hour saved in seta
Credits: 2,404,625
4 Perk Points (note that the Nividium Roid is not yet absorbed, once it is I'll have 116 more Nividium and 1 more perk point.)

The Mothership (Kha'ak Supercarrier)
---6 Nividium
---678 Dark Energy
The Serenity (Mercury TS)
Interceptor (Kha'ak M4-Personal Ship)
2 Explorers (Kha'ak Scouts)
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Tue, 30. Dec 14, 11:15

I awoke the next morning and made my way to the forward observation deck to find that the asteroid had greatly shrunk while I slept. At this rate it would be completely absorbed before I found another on! Crystal met me a couple of minutes later and I made my goodbyes as I got back into the interceptor. Launching from the Mothership I flew to the Terracorp headquarters in Home of Light where I bought explorer software and a transporter for my ship. As I launched from terra corp the incoming message light turn on on my HUD. I pushed a button and Admiral Ban appeared on my screen.

"Isaac, good to see you. I hope that everything with the Boron's turned out well?" I nodded my head and he continued. "It was not gone well for us. two hours ago our defenses at Blueish Snott were over run. We have set up new defenses guarding the exits to bluish snott but it is only a matter of time before they are over run as well. I also have an urgent matter that I could use your help with. We recently captured a Xenon Q and currently trying to reverse engineer it in The Hole. However we have detected a large force of Xenons headed towards it, most likely intent on destroying it. I already have defenses in place but I could always use another fighter. What do you say, care for a little fight today?"

I told him that I would be willing to help and then cut the link before heading north through the gate to Argon Prime. My interceptor wasn't really equipped for battle. The only lasers it could mount were Particle Accelerator Cannons and Alpha Kyon Emittors. Now from what i understand Kyon emitters were powerful weapons however no one sold them as they were a special Kha'ak weapon that no one had ever managed to reproduce. The Queens was working on trying to remember how to create them but as of yet she had had no luck. PAC are good weapons however they were not really good enough for a pitched dogfight especially since the interceptor was only lightly shielded. So I stopped by the equipment dock and picked up 55 wasp missiles instead. The weapons dealer told me I was crazy jumping into a battle with no lasers but i just shrugged and paid the man his 1,853,000.

Launching from the Equipment Dock I made my way to The Hole and linked up with the rest of the defenses forces. Admiral Bane had not lied when he said that he had gathered a fleet but i could immediately see why he wanted more pilots. Guarding the Q were 6 Argon Corvettes, and a squadron of fighters, it was pitiful, but most of the military's force must be caught up trying to push back the OCV. I commed the lead ship and let them know I had orders to join them and then I set up to wait. I didn't wait long.

With in an hour of my arrival Xenons ships suddenly emerged from hyperspace all around the fleet. How they did it i do not know, but they did. one minute nothing the next 2 Qs, 4 Ps, 8Ls, and 4 LXs appeared from nowhere. The Xenon's didn't seem to care about anything but their lost ship making straight for it and ignoring the rest of the fleet. I quickly took advantage of this and dropped in behind one of the LXs and let loose my missiles. Now math tells us that a ship with 100k of shields and 100k of hull can take 10 missiles that deal 20k damage, however the Xenon ships had some sort of antimissles defense that wiped out a good potion of the wasps before they even go near the LX. However the good thing about missiles is that I have a lot of them. In the end I fired 18 missiles at it and it was to busy trying in vain to dodge them to even fire back at me. As i dodged around the debris from the LX I could see that the Q's were fully engaged with each other and the Argon corvettes. However the Enemy Q's had already taken massive hits and one was leaving a cloud of fuel in it's wake. But back to ships my own size... The Argon Squadron hadn't been idle either and had killed several of the Ls themselves. I quickly found myself another target, an L that had so far managed not to take any damage and I shoved 10 wasps down it's thought. It was very pleasing indeed to watch as it tried desperately to evade them. but in the end it too was reduced to particles to fine to see. One of the enemy Q's suddenly went supernova apparently to close to the other and the shockwave of the first completely collapsed the shields of the second leaving it exposed to the Argon Corvettes. I, on the other hand, found the last surviving LX and sent a volley of 12 wasps at it. Now when i say "volley of twelve" I need you to understand that each wasp is loaded with 8 warheads a piece. So a volley of 12 looks a lot more like a volley of 96. Very pretty when your on this side of them, very deadly when your on their side of them. As the dust settled I launched my remaining missiles at several of the remaining fighters however the kill shoots went to the Navy guys. When the last of the fighters was put down for good, I checked my sensors to fid that the Navy corvettes had already mopped up the last of the Xenons taking only minimal losses.

"Not to shabby out there pilot." The leader of the task force said to me over the comm. "It's always welcome to have an able hand like you around. I'm transferring 2.24 million to your account for the 3 ships you destroyed as well as 1.72 million for the mission in general. Good work. Oh and Admiral Bane wanted me to let you know that Getsu Fune and Heretic's end both came under attack from the OCV. However both are expected to hold. The troubling thing is that we don't know where they came from."

I could feel the adrenaline pumping in my veins. I had always loved flying but this was the first time I had every been in real combat. God it felt good. The news about the OCV was troubling though. It reminded me of how the Xenon ships had just popped in from nowhere. Could the two be connected?

I started to head back to Boron space to continue the search for Nividium. While I was on my way I checked up with the Serenity to find that she had delivered some more passengers for another 250k but was out of contracts and now was just running cargo in Ore Belt to try and make a few bucks. Well better the nothing I guess. As I got closer to Boron space I felt Crystal reach out to me.

"My Prince, we have absorbed the asteroid."

"That is good, I am on my way to look for more but it maybe awhile."

"You should first come here. We have used some of the Nividium to do repairs and have recovered the ability to make our weapons. When you get back we will arm your Interceptor as all Kha'ak ships should be armed."

"You can make the Kyon emitters?"

"Yes my prince."

Well that was enough for me!

----------

Asteroid Absorbed +116 Nividium +1 Perk point
Mothership upgraded to lvl 3 -50 Nividium
Hive Knowledge unlocked -5 perk points
2 mission completed +2 perk points

----------

Assets:

Game Time: 3:30
Credits: 6,138,490
2 Perk Points

The Mothership (Kha'ak Supercarrier)
---72 Nividium
---820 Dark Energy
The Serenity (Mercury TS)
Interceptor (Kha'ak M4-Personal Ship)
2 Explorers (Kha'ak Scouts)
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Return to “Creative Universe”