[X3LU] X-Missions Overloaded (XM-O) v1.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[X3LU] X-Missions Overloaded (XM-O) v1.01

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 12. Nov 14, 17:53

[ external image ]

Version 1.01
13/03/2015

[ external image ]

You must re-install XM-O every time you update LU in order to overwrite some files.

[ external image ]

v1.01
  • The Hive Queen has now a very high laser recharge rate, making her more useful than before.
  • Scouts auto-equipped with the Hive's Knowledge perk will receive a Mineral Scanner.
  • The Mothership will appear in magenta (the name can be changed in your addon\t\7323-L044.xml file, in the ID 3033).
[ external image ]

X-Missions Overloaded is a variant of X-Missions Reloaded that focus on a short campaign mode, packed with fast gameplay.
It has an "arcade" feeling due to the pace of the game and the Mothership, your superweapon. You will be able to have several M2 in half a day, while OCV can conquer one sector every two hours.

See the features below to have a better idea of the script. I will not list again the XM-R features.

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

[ external image ]
  • You have one goal : destroy the OCV.
  • Very fast gameplay : you can achieve your goal in less than 30 hours real-time. Probably even less. There are several difficulty levels.
  • OCV is spreading a lot faster. It starts with all Omicron Channels and will use its M5s to build OCV Jump Beacon in the heart of the Commonwealth territory, leading to critical invasions.
  • The OCV also has Jammers, that will search and destroy your satellites, and Hunters.
  • Phanon will harass you from the start, because it begins at the last generation and already has an empire. No doubt your first adversary.
  • To deal with these threats, you have a super weapon : The Mothership.
  • The Mothership is a Kha'ak queen capable of great things. She can absorb Nividium asteroids to spawn Kha'ak ships and she has several useful abilities.
  • The Mothership can also use special powers, by drawing Dark Energy from space. This new resource is acquired over time.
  • Apart from the race you make your allegiance to, all other races will feel threatened by your new power. Also, all hostile ships that are in the same sector as the Mothership will attack her.
  • No special stations, no plots. Some missions have been removed, to focus on combat missions and harder challenges.
  • Many little things have changed to make some aspects of the game consistent with XM-O's philosophy.
[ external image ]

Copy the content of the archive into your ...x3tc\addon folder.

.cat/.dat needed by XM-O have been renamed 10 and 11. If you have other fake patches, use this method to do what you gotta do.

The script is disabled by default. Go to Options -> Gameplay -> Artificial Life Settings to enable it and be able to assign the hotkeys.

Compatibility : Litcube's Universe only.

If you have XM-R, you must overwrite the files with XM-O's. Backup your savegame if you want to revert quickly to XM-R (just extract and overwrite to do so) or use different slots.

XM-O requires a new game.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Fri, 13. Mar 15, 11:13, edited 12 times in total.

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 06:55

The ships spawned with Purple Swarm don't seem to have any combat software, so I have to tell the Fighter to dock with the mothership just to quickly get some Combat Software on it for them to actually be able to attack after the cluster breaks apart.

The ships don't seem to have any engine tunings either, don't know if this one is intentional or not though.

Over all, I'm loving the mod though.

Edit: Just told a bunch of the scouts to go to a near by shipyard to see if they could be sold. Some of them can get equipped with a Remote Control Software (or something else that I missed) that seems to let them be sold for about 30m. Seems a little cheaty seeing as how you get these ships for basically with dark energy.

Edit2: I just had a Purple Swarm M3 Fighter spawn with no shields. Docking with the Mothership that has the ability to auto-equip all ships currently docked didn't give any shields to it.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 10:30

You had a scout spawned with a Remote Control Software ... ? You said "CAN get equipped" ; yeah they can, but you first need to buy the software, so there's no way you can win 30M by selling them from thin air. Or is it ?

Purple Swarm is a problem yeah, because I have no control on ships that are spawned by the Cluster. I'll look into it and try to find a solution.
The auto-equip ability doesn't give any shields, because no ships should spawn without them... theoretically :)

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 03:19

I can have multiple scout ships from Purple Swarm spawn with Remote Control Software installed. Because I've been going so slow I've been using them to fund my empire until I get stations and stuff running :oops:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 08:39

That's lame man ! :)

I'll fix that ; it will probably cost the Purple Swarm itself, as I have no idea how to interact with the Cluster when it breaks apart.

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 10:56

I know it's lame, but I'm a really slow player and it helps out D:.

And maybe instead of totally removing it, change it up a bit. Maybe have it just spawn the fighter and scout ships instead of a cluster. Or, and this is probably too unbalanced/OP, increase the perk points on it and the Dark Energy cost and have it spawn a Guardian instead. After all, it is in the name :P.

Or, give it levels (or tie it into the Mothership's level). Like;
Level 1 - A single fighter with 5 scout ships.
Level 3 - 3 fighters and 8 scout ships.
Level 5 - A guardian, 5 fighters, 8 scout ships.
etc

Sort of like that. And to help balance it the cost of the needed Dark Energy could go up with the levels as well.

Like I said, maybe too unbalanced or OP. But just throwing ideas out there :lol:

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 11:03

Yeah but I like my little Clusters :(

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Fri, 14. Nov 14, 11:25

Well hopefully you can get it all sorted out, then, as I too like the idea of actually being able to use clusters.

And if only you could find a way to re-form the cluster for transportation reasons.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 15. Nov 14, 00:06

Joubarbe wrote:Yeah but I like my little Clusters :(
how about a big cluster of guardians? :lol:

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sat, 15. Nov 14, 10:28

Seon wrote:Well hopefully you can get it all sorted out, then, as I too like the idea of actually being able to use clusters.

And if only you could find a way to re-form the cluster for transportation reasons.
Not really sure how the clusters work but.... as far as re-form would it be possible to have the ability for the mothership to "destroy" x amount of ships (where x is the number of ships that spawn when a cluster breaks apart) and give you a cluster instead? Thus re-forming?..... just brain storming

I am about an hour in game and so far everything looks awesome!
[ external image ]
Running LU 1.4.7 + XM-O 1.0 + Quick Wings 1.0
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV
Wrath of the Hive DiD XM-O
Try my script: Quick Wings for better wing control in LU!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Nov 14, 10:42

I don't want for the cluster to reform ; Kha'aks do not do that :) Besides, it would really look bad to destroy decoupled ships and spawn a Cluster again.

Anyway, I'll release a few fixes today, especially ones that prevent Queen's Call from crashing the game...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 15. Nov 14, 12:43

Beta two updated, please re-download from the same link.

Fixes :
  • Queen's Call will not crash the game anymore ! ... and won't call Kha'ak M5s.
  • Purple Swarm's decoupled ships work as they should.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 14:43

Does XM-O disable mobile mining? I can't seem to find miner ships :(
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 14:57

You mean NPC Miner Ships ?

Yeah, I didn't see any either, and that concerns me. It would have something to do with core XM-R though.

If someone sees them, please report... Otherwise I'd ask Litcube about the mining scripts because I really don't see how I could have disable mining ships.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:06

I don't see any where to buy one for myself either. To fair I have not explored to much of the universe, but I do have all of the core argon system mapped and have 2 explorers the have explored 20 other systems.

Also how do I patch from beta one to beta two? just realised that I ma still running beta one and really don't want to lose my epic 6 hours game time :D even though it's really only 2 human hours worth of time :D

ADDED: I have this epic plan to make the mothership into my mobile minning base. :lol:

ADDED2: I also don't see anywhere to buy the mobile drilling laser, or mass driver.... and I could have sworn that there was a mass driver factory in the core sectors... and the EQ docks should definitely have them

Note: I am checking both the encyclopedia and manually at the docks
Last edited by kaistern on Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:14, edited 3 times in total.
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:11

You can't. BetaTwo requires a new game.

You're gonna die anyway :)

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:20

Damn.. all well though

I didn't notice that you posted so I added these but I don't think you saw them. oops :D
ADDED: I have this epic plan to make the mothership into my mobile minning base. Laughing

ADDED2: I also don't see anywhere to buy the mobile drilling laser, or mass driver.... and I could have sworn that there was a mass driver factory in the core sectors... and the EQ docks should definitely have them

Note: I am checking both the encyclopedia and manually at the docks
I'm going to go download beta two......
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:25

I find both the Mobile Drilling System and the Mass Driver in my games. Mass Drivers are in Split EQD.

EDIT : I see what the problem is with the mining ships. My XM-O TShips is maybe not up to date, and very very few ships were able to equip the Mobile Drilling System at this time. Will check that later ; right now I'm working on XM-R 1.57 (will release today).
Last edited by Joubarbe on Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.

kaistern
x3ap

Post by kaistern » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:26

well ok then lol I guess I just need to look harder. you have found mining variants available to buy as well? If so I'll shut up and play the game already lol
[ external image ]
Rise of Phanon DiD LUV

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 16. Nov 14, 15:28

Don't expect mining in BetaTwo, sorry !

EDIT : confirm that XM-O modify an old version of TShips. Result : no ships are able to equip the Mobile Drilling System.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”