Ideas for improvements to gathering trade info

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Silla
xr

Post by Silla » Sun, 2. Nov 14, 12:05

Concerning the updated tradelist.. the question at hand is why it is so tedious (also its by far better than the scanning part) As someone said before I also think the manager should do that without much talking as he should be interested in having coustomers... but cus the manager is bussy. As long as you are in good relation with the stations faction you'd simply go to the stations terminal show your ID and press the button... "keep me posted". If you are not on a good enough term ... well than hack that terminal with your magical hands and some hacker chips.

One of the problems with some game mechanics in XR is that its ...
a) sometimes totally unrealistic from what most people are used too and I'm not talking about physics here
b) it often turns out tedious without much variety

I think what would make sense ...when talking to people and they offer you a reward for trading is that this person becomes an "insider". Rather than just beeing an update terminal for you (thats the managers job as I said) a real "insider" gives you inside of whats going on , hence you might get good information! As alternative for scanning of every (i) Thats what it should be about.

So I suggest different kind of insiders here which could work next to each other:

a) Insider that tells you one certain information about some station (we have that one already)
b) Insider that tells you information about the station your at the moment (for a certain timespan)
c) A paid insider that gives you any inside he might stumbel on as long as you can/do pay him
d) A paid insider that gives you any inside he can get hold of even by illegal means but he has to be paid as well at a higher rate. However as he might do illigeal stuff he could be captured ..once that happens you wont get new information and also if he is talketive you might get some bad reputation

In additon insiders could come at different level skills...also you could have several insiders working at a station to maximise the possibilty of unlocking "rewards".
Secondly insiders (especially these that are paid) could work as missiongenerators as well. I mean by that ..instead of:

"Hey you look sexy I will do work for you untill Im dead"

it should be:

"Hey sexypants I could give you some information but its gonne cost ya. I have a small problem at hand, soo if you help me I'll help you , if you know what I mean ^^"

And instead of flying hours over some stupid symbols ...you'd actually go out do stuff. And if EGO also comes up with some more (creative) types of missions (put a story behind it, into it)..well you get the idea

e) Insider that does the deed because you actually did something worthwhile. Comes in different skill levels and for different timespans (including forever or he might ask you for help again) depending on the mission..

vladi8505
xr

Post by vladi8505 » Sun, 2. Nov 14, 15:31

Why just they give us a particular mission with reward trade agent it will be much more easy for them or option when you attack particular person for criminal mission give us option to talk with him and ask him to work for us like spy agent on particular station it will be easy too:)not this small talk nonsense!!!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”