[X3:AP] Corporate HQ uses

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RuubZ
x3tc

[X3:AP] Corporate HQ uses

Post by RuubZ » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 12:07

So I set up my corporate HQ near my player HQ, thinking I could use the cHQ as an equipment dock, stocking weapons and shields in high amounts to outfit ships, while keeping the pHQ purely for resources to produce new ships.

However, after setting all this up, I found out the cHQ only stocks a very limited amount of weapons, for example only 4 PPC and 2 PSP, which severly limits it's uses as an equipment dock.

Which begs me the following questions, what is the corporate HQ actually good for? And how do you use it in your game?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 13:14

For docking ships and not much else.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 25. Oct 14, 14:10

It's a fancy looking equipment dock. Also it's fine for exactly that, equipping ships and/or selling left overs.

Since I don't tolerate npcs on my PHQ, due to them just buying w/e the hell they please... best to sell left overs some place else. CPHQ works fine for that. Technically it has no cargo limit just # of wares are limited, so it can hold a bit of everything. Same as HUB. Some wares can be stored in a fairly large quantities. Just not capital ship gear.

Mine is actually where 2k-ish superplex dumps all the finished wares... and from there 2 CAGs sell things while the rest gets largely emptied up by npcs. Traffic on that place is so high you can't use docking computer to insta dock due to long ques. Then again it always made player sector self defended thanks to some races taking over patrol duties with their own m7s.

All that of course could be accomplished with equipment dock... but hey... at least it looks fancy lol.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Nehlis

Post by Nehlis » Mon, 27. Oct 14, 06:49

Dock a TL on it and use it as an ammo and resource dump, as well as a central "waypoint" for new ships off the PHQ. Now you don't have to search for a real equipment dock/shipyard to resupply bulky Capital sized ships.
Warning: Ingesting Incrediblypainfultothepointofclawingonesowneyesoutscreamingbloodymurderium may cause nausea, dizziness, hair loss, skin irritation, eye irritation, tongue swelling, rashes, impotency, sore throat, hypothermia, fever, coughing, sneezing, projectile vomiting, internal hemorrhaging, external hemorrhaging, projectile diarrhea, paranoia, mild insanity, liver failure, kidney failure, heart failure, schizophrenia, blackouts, seizures, strokes, death and possibly mild pain.

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Fri, 7. Nov 14, 11:12

I have my '2nd HQ' in Blue Horizon. It nice looking but have low value. Not only the number of wares is very limited, but also the number of docking ships. And, to top this, NPC ships block all my hangars. They do not trade (I shut off trade for other races) - they are just socalled visitors, on 'vacation tour', many of those ships even block each other from landing and of course my own ship. If I undock one, the next sightseeing vessel block the free clamp. :evil:
I can't shut them down (rep. loss).
Any idea to get rid of those sightseeing tours?
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 7. Nov 14, 12:54

astreus: sadly not to get access to dock your self temporarily change the allow other races to trade to no then do what you have to before leaving and resetting it.
Personally with my hub and HQ's I always do not allow trade with other races that's what cags are for.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 8. Nov 14, 04:05

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/792 ... 633C1C561/ That is how you use CPHQ.

Then again this is what one of the CAGs from that CPHQ looks like, http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/521 ... 2DBC13ABD/.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”