IBL idea

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

masterofthedeathwing

IBL idea

Post by masterofthedeathwing » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 21:54

looking at trying to get my hands on some IBL's, however, I am proper enemies of the Yaki and pirates, and cant see this changing.

An idea I have I to build an equipment dock set it to buy IBL's for the max price possible, will this result in NPC ships bringing them to the equipment dock, or will I just have to fight Yaki and pirates and stuff in the hope they will drop them now and then?

Or should I wait until I have 20 marines with 70+ fighting skills and 100 in everything else (kind of nearly there) and just go on a massive boarding spree in the future?

Cheers all!

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 23:43

Why not look for a hack for the IBL Forge in Loomanckstratt's?
Seems easier. NPCs never dropped IBLs at the Hub for me in the setup you want.

Three hacks on LooManckstratt, and a switch on you IFF should get the whole sector friendly to you.

masterofthedeathwing

Post by masterofthedeathwing » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 00:11

ok, will try find a hack, I have already bought and placed an eq dock near yaki space asking for IBLs, if any actually get sold to me, ill update

Bill Huntington
x3tc

IBLs

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 02:26

It's not exactly easy, but it's better than your other alternatives.

Start attacking Yaki big ships. Or even pirate big ships. They drop IBLs sometimes when they die. Save just before they die. Then reload and repeat a few times.

In my games, I don't kill Yaki, except in dire situations. In most games, zero Yaki kills. So I can set up a Spacefuel Station in Weaver's, feed the Forges, and buy the IBLs as they are built.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 06:32

Easy enough get a cobra and board capital ships in dukes domain 50/50 you will capture carriers with at least 12 on board. just make sure your marines are elite.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 07:07

Yes, keep scouting the sectors around LooManckstrat for hacks on the forges there. I plunked down a spacefuel complex and kept them supplied with energy and ore from my complex.
From those forges, I got like 200 IBLs and 600 PBGs. Most of them are just sitting in storage now.
If you want to raid ships for IBLs, most M7s are equipped with a few. Since you are hunting for specific loot, scan your intended targets before attacking to see if they're carrying worthwhile amounts of it.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 07:51

iirc some players used to board / hijack IBL forges from Yaki TL's
the process was something like this (approx.);
1) In weavers tempest blow up all the IBL forges, so the Yaki needs to replace them.
2) start scanning cargo of Yaki TL's arriving in weavers tempest for an IBL factory inside, board it (before it deploys) and so start collecting some for your own use.

I have not tried it myself yet but this was a bona fide way of getting them according to some posts I remember.

oh, and as always make a backup of your save file prior to destroying the IBL stations in case the above does not work. :)
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 07:58

I can't confirm IBL forge replacement specifically. But I have seen TLs carrying replacement stations around.
Once I saw Mammoth carrying a "Medium Shield Complex" through Spaceweed Grove. I wondered if I could get my hands on a station that could build 25mj and 200mj shields.
It turns out it was just a Teladi 200mj shield factory. Boooring.
So, this approach is worth a shot, but it could leave you hanging around the Yaki sectors for hours until they replace those stations.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 08:12

ThommoHawk wrote:iirc some players used to board / hijack IBL forges from Yaki TL's
the process was something like this (approx.);
1) In weavers tempest blow up all the IBL forges, so the Yaki needs to replace them.
2) start scanning cargo of Yaki TL's arriving in weavers tempest for an IBL factory inside, board it (before it deploys) and so start collecting some for your own use.

I have not tried it myself yet but this was a bona fide way of getting them according to some posts I remember.

oh, and as always make a backup of your save file prior to destroying the IBL stations in case the above does not work. :)
Correct, that was the only way to get IBL forges before "Shady Business" patch in AP without scripting or editing them in. In AP 3.0?(SB patch)... you can side with Yaki during plot(not the end choice just middle point) and get Yaki shipyard to sell IBL and PBG forges to player. Which is infinitely less frustrating or time consuming then camping TLs. I could see myself finishing required plots from start to that point faster then boarding TL with IBL forge lol.

That same method is how you build stuff as full on pirate, meaning enemy with everyone except Yaki/pirates.

Anyway camping TLs is mind shattering. It's not hours... it could be days. You need satellites and you need to set up reports. As in bonus pack and configuring "satellite early warning network", gotta set it up to detect TLs and report that. That way you aren't stuck there staring at map and can actually go... do stuff.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 17:35

masterofthedeathwing wrote:ok, will try find a hack, I have already bought and placed an eq dock near yaki space asking for IBLs, if any actually get sold to me, ill update
Yaki hacks can be found as far away as Emperor Mines and Duke's Vision, so look around!

Hacks for LooMankstratt's can be found as far away as Light Of Heart and Pontifix's Seclusion.

A map for quick ref: http://www.elite-games.ru/images/x3ap/x3apmap_eng.png

Bonus reading:

Also, in getting friendly again with the Yaki, I found a hack in the adjacent Paranid space (further than the oft-stated 3 sector range). Took a while, and I whined about the long process for some time in a thread here. But I managed to hack the Yaki Stock Exchange, and then do enough trade personally to start getting things right, having set my IFF to friend for them. The SE is close enough to the gate where if you don't shoot back at anything, you can dock before getting too banged up.

Soon enough, I had a Build Station mission, and that was enough to unlock the Yaki Shipyard (again) for me. It's where I stash "Return Ship" ships.

I established Senator's Space Fuel by the North Gate of Senator's Badlands, and dropped mines onto the 43 yield Ore 'roid, and the 37 yield Silicon 'roid. I jumped Energy in with MK2 Traders at first. Later I established Senator's Power and Sundries.

I set up a Buster to shuttle the booze to the Stock Exchange, and assisted the Yaki in killing off the intruders a bit.

By the time I got to this point, I reached "Choosing Sides" in Shady Business. I chose to side with the Yaki/Beryll, and that put me over the top to gain me access to Weaver's Tempest. Of course, I no longer really needed to go into Weaver's Tempest, as buying IBL and PBG Forges was possible.

But, I realized just how very SAFE my stuff is in Yaki Space, and that I was pretty much their "sole-source" for dambed near everything, so decided to reward their trust and kindness.

I set up more more Mines (Ore and Silicon) and established Weaver's Power, and then, Weaver's Wheat, and expanded Senator's Space Fuel, with MK2 Traders shuttling everything around. Still plenty more to do there, but setting down some Infrastructure first seems to be a winning plan for me in this game.

Short story long.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 18:04

One annoying thing about hacking the stock exchange is that it is time limited. Eventually, it will revert to hostile. Sometimes so quickly you don't even have time to dock.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Sun, 19. Oct 14, 18:19

Jimmy C wrote:One annoying thing about hacking the stock exchange is that it is time limited. Eventually, it will revert to hostile. Sometimes so quickly you don't even have time to dock.
This is true! I found it incredibly annoying, and surprising. Gotta make hay while the sun shines, and really push some trades on them while you can. Eventually, it stays friendly.

masterofthedeathwing

Post by masterofthedeathwing » Mon, 20. Oct 14, 06:22

heh.........

like if you blow up the yaki stock exchange and shipyard......

do these get rebuilt? hehehehe.

I field tested a wing of M8 (vipers) I didn't realise how powerful missile barrage is hehehe and now them 2 stations are gone....

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 00:37

masterofthedeathwing wrote:ok, will try find a hack, I have already bought and placed an eq dock near yaki space asking for IBLs, if any actually get sold to me, ill update
There's one major flaw in this plan. Yaki don't have freighters, and any other race's freighters that try to buy from Yaki stations will get blown up long before they can get to Weaver's Tempest. So you'll never see any IBL's appear in your dock.

If you're an enemy to the Yaki and want to stay that way, the easiest way to get those IBL's is to board Yaki Ryu's (their TL's). If you do it via M7M and boarding pods at a long distance, you should get quite a few. If you fly too close to the range of an IBL-equipped Ryu, they'll equip the IBL's to shoot at you. Equipped weapons never appear in the cargo hold of a captured ship, only those that are unequipped and considered to be 'freight'.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 03:05

Nanook wrote:Equipped weapons never appear in the cargo hold of a captured ship, only those that are unequipped and considered to be 'freight'.
Interesting, I never noticed that because I usually stay well out of firing range of my capture targets.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Oct 14, 23:16

There's a trick that sometimes works to assure the big weapons aren't equipped. Have a horde of fighter drones attack the target, which forces it to use anti-fighter rather than anti-capital weapons. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 22. Oct 14, 09:07

I'm actually doing that, but for a different reason. I'm capping mission spawned ships for their marines, the drones provide a distraction to keep the ship from killing the ejected marines.
It's worked in the two times since I got this suggestion, but I have gotten around to testing if the ship wouldn't have killed the marines anyway.
Mission spawned M7s only have CIGs and a pair of ISRs, while mission spawned M2s have CIGs and GCs. I have more than enough of those, so I try to get their shields.

Update: Got to test it. It doesn't ensure zero losses, but anything that gets me more marines is welcomed.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”