X3AP - Old problem, looking for a new solution.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Drone_101
x4

X3AP - Old problem, looking for a new solution.

Post by Drone_101 » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 20:35

Trying to undock and my ship just explodes. Specifically this is my only ship, a TP Express Hauler, from Low-Yield Sidearms Fab beta in Ore Belt. I'm the only ship docked on it - and undocking causes my ship to explode and game over to happen. I cant eject while docked and don't have any ships to swap into. Basically I'm stuck and its game breaking.

Last auto save before this one is several hours old and I just dont want to have to go back - I'd essentially be starting all over again. Has anyone found a solution to this besides using a cheat engine to modify the game memory and make your ship invulnerable? I don't want to risk a VAC ban over a single game save and I'd rather my game didn't get a ***modified*** tag but if needs must I'd take that

Thanks for any help - I thought this bug had been fixed years ago.

(Playing the X3AP latest version on steam with the bonus pack also from steam.)

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 20:39

Give your ship a command to... dock with something else or fly somewhere or anything really, just as long as it requires ship to undock with autopilot and not manually.

Autopilot undocking gives ship a few seconds of disabled collisions. It won't work with everything or all the time... but in most cases it will get you undocked safe and sound.

This is usually used to undock ships that are either too big for their size or have too many "appendages". Things like Kha'ak corvette, Terran stuff, argon and their space antennas from the 80s and such.

If all else fails, there is cheatpack in mods section. You can dock yourself to something else or just teleport to something else IS.

Also using CE with AP won't get you VAC banned. VAC isn't used with AP(or any other X titles), just make sure you fully turn off CE(and any plugins that use hooks) if you plan to play any steam multiplayer titles that are VAC protected. That crap is terrible and useless. It will autoban you for having Visual Studio .......................... effin monkeys in suits and their "NEVER FAULTY, ALWAYS RIGHT, NON REVOCABLE AUTOBANS" unless their never wrong crap autobans a few thousand people in one day and they get media shitstormed. On the brighter side... most companies don't use VAC.. so it's just TeamFortress and other Valve titles that use it primarily.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 22:03

hisazul wrote:Give your ship a command to... dock with something else or fly somewhere or anything really, just as long as it requires ship to undock with autopilot and not manually.
This should work, but if not, and you have a satelite in a sector with a shipyard, you could buy an M5 and dock it at your current station.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Drone_101
x4

Post by Drone_101 » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 22:50

Thanks guys, first suggestion still ended up with the ship exploding so I ended up taking the second route. I had an Adv Sat in Argon Prime - just bought myself an M5 and had it fly to the station.

Much appreciated for the help!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”