[QUESTION] I blew up while docked. Why?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rail_Balco
x4

[QUESTION] I blew up while docked. Why?

Post by Rail_Balco » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 20:55

Well well well, I just blew while docked into station. When I entered station, ship was clearly INSIDE so I thought I dont have to worry, raiders were close but i was INSIDE. But when I was speaking to NPCs to get some trade offers, suddenly I started hearing explosions. So I've got back onboard rapidly to see everything around is exploding. Without warning, nice typing "Game Over" showed up.

So, what the hell?

I thought Yisha calls me if we get under fire while in station. Or that was at least in previous versions.
So again:

What the hell?

Is this bug, of feature? Station were I was, got hit and destroyed, or Albion Junk got hit and destroyed while I was talking?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Oct 14, 21:14

The station module you (or the Skunk) were in was destroyed or the Skunk version left in space was attacked and destroyed. It has happened before and is probably why Yisha keeps saying return to the Skunk at every little hint of danger to the Skunk version left in space, but not necessarily when there is a risk to the station.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 09:28

Might be that other NPC comms blocked out Yisha.

Funny ending - even if you have the cash to buy a smaller fleet of destroyers the game's still over because you lost a corvette.
Imagine if you could just get a new skunk without Yisha.

xXPhantomFenix

Post by xXPhantomFenix » Thu, 9. Oct 14, 10:11

This used to happen to me a long time back but now I don;t get attacked when docking. (2.5 wise) I;m not sure if they added some code regarding that or if your experience was a bug.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”