Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 22:32

@ VincentTH ... Same history here, big Elite fan then onto XBTF when ramming was the best attack weapon.
Truly hope Elite D lives up to the possibilities and Rebirth finally matures.
2015 should be full of gaming pleasure ... :)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 22:40

spankahontis wrote:Hopefully the Teladi will have different strat models, clothes, faces etc.
Not the clones we have now, same with the Split.
teladi are clones. of themselves. most teladi are female and they produce fertilized eggs by themselves. no dna recombination occurs, making their offspring clones.
they're supposed to look alike. :)

it's not a bug, it's a feature!
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 01:12

Hmm.. Nice to see that Egosoft is still working on the game (patches) so when 2.5 comes out (not the beta, as I don't feel like having to deal with any of the problems that crop up in them) I will give it a try again. But the big news is the 3.0 patch and the new DLC.

I think it would be better to take the time limit off the DLC (Free) for the people who already purchased it. I am sure there will be lots of people who DON'T won't even know about it before November 1st who already bought the game and stopped playing it because of all the issues it Has/Had.

So IMHO anyone who owns the game before the DLC release date should be able to get the DLC for free (ANYTIME) whether they add it to their game before November 1st or Not. Otherwise Egosoft is just going to upset/piss off their customers (Loyal ones who feel/felt ripped off by the games release state) who bought the game and gave up on it for a year or two until they figure its been patched enough to work properly. So they end up missing out? That just doesn't seem right to me...

I just hope it doesn't take a Year for Egosoft to get the New DLC to work properly like it has for the main game.... It is such a beautiful looking game!

Cheers!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 02:23

VincentTH wrote:
birdtable wrote:Really looking forward to a trailer ...give the Elite D fans something to drool over.
OhOh, I am one, and feel offended :-)
To get the record straight, I was an Elite fan back in the early nineties before XBTF came out in 1999!!!!

Any way, gotta get off ED and take a look at 2.5 and 3.0. Too many games, too little time!!!!

So the only race that is still missing are the Boron. Poor them!!!! Hope they don't get anilhilated by the Supernova!!!!
Still other races missing. Paranid, Khaak, Boron.
Teladi, Xenon, Split and humans have been in the game since the beginning.

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 04:19

Sorry for adding no meaningful discussion to this thread but I feel I have to say it too:

Thanks ego for the gesture of giving this DLC for free to people that bought the game already. It means a lot, specially to many of us that trusted you and pre-ordered the game last year and got disappointed at first.

And secondly, thanks for the improvements. I'm excited about the pirates and the smugglers in particular.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 10:22

BlackRain wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
birdtable wrote:Really looking forward to a trailer ...give the Elite D fans something to drool over.
OhOh, I am one, and feel offended :-)
To get the record straight, I was an Elite fan back in the early nineties before XBTF came out in 1999!!!!

Any way, gotta get off ED and take a look at 2.5 and 3.0. Too many games, too little time!!!!

So the only race that is still missing are the Boron. Poor them!!!! Hope they don't get anilhilated by the Supernova!!!!
Still other races missing. Paranid, Khaak, Boron.
Teladi, Xenon, Split and humans have been in the game since the beginning.
does anyone really miss the paranid? and the kingdom of moron?

more split would be nice.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 10:33

Lazerath wrote:So IMHO anyone who owns the game before the DLC release date should be able to get the DLC for free (ANYTIME) whether they add it to their game before November 1st or Not. Otherwise Egosoft is just going to upset/piss off their customers (Loyal ones who feel/felt ripped off by the games release state) who bought the game and gave up on it for a year or two until they figure its been patched enough to work properly. So they end up missing out? That just doesn't seem right to me...
I am pretty sure that even if they do not claim it they will get it if they own the game before Nov 1. I would test myself but I already hit the preload option despite it ending up doing nothing (dunno why I did that TBH...).
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 10:44

No, people do need to claim it to get it. This is the best of the options Steam has offered us for this scenario, not something we've specifically requested. Regarding the date, it's looking likely that people will in fact be able to claim their free copy of the DLC for longer, most likely until it is actually released.

Edit: Typo.
Last edited by CBJ on Wed, 1. Oct 14, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

seePyou
x4

Post by seePyou » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 11:45

From the patch notes to 2.5
"Fixed managers pestering the player for money."

Why? That makes COMPLETE sense for anyone working corporate IRL :)

InDigital
x4

Post by InDigital » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 14:47

I knew this game will have perspective future! And i love to see now that it is true! :)

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 19:23

Thank you very much Ego for this great game; I'll hope that you continue developing this amazing game for looong time.
Love to see a fisical copy of this DLC, with encyclopedia and card game expansion, it will be very nice!!

yorre1991
x4

Post by yorre1991 » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 20:22

Looks like I was right on time to buy this game! Freebies are always nice (:
Anyway I've been looking at the forums from time to time and in my opinion the communication between ego the community seems quite good. It's comforting to know you can be heard out here. And then this DLC as a bonus is great! From what i've seen the game is shaping up and looks 10 times better opposed to when it was "released".

Thx

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Wed, 1. Oct 14, 20:33

I hope for a beefy performance improvement with 3.0 version. It's running relatively good right now, and my rig isn't too modern, but having a constant 50 FPS would be a living wet-dream.

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 00:29

vukica wrote:does anyone really miss the paranid? and the kingdom of moron?
I don't miss the Boron, I think their ships look stupid.

But I do miss the Paranid. Their ships were beautiful.

And I miss the Terrans/ATF. Their ships were even better. I really miss the clean look of the Katana, Yokohama, and all their stations. Or the high-tech look of the ATF ships.

Hopefully that's a couple more DLC packs right there :)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 01:13

CBJ wrote:No, people do need to claim it to get it. This is the best of the options Steam has offered us for this scenario, not something we've specifically requested. Regarding the date, it's looking likely that people will in fact be able to claim their free copy of the DLC for longer, most likely until it is actually released.

Edit: Typo.
My bad, I misunderstood the system :S
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 01:59

DavidGW wrote:

And I miss the Terrans/ATF. Their ships were even better. I really miss the clean look of the Katana, Yokohama, and all their stations. Or the high-tech look of the ATF ships.

It would be interesting to see the solar system be reconnected.

On one hand, the Terrans did extremely well for themselves without the gate network anyway, building up their forces and technology. At the time of TC/AP they had as much power behind one jumpgate as an entire race's chunk of the core systems, perhaps more. They held their ground against the entire Commonwealth - imagine them being let loose on the relatively diminuitive powers in X:R's 4 systems.

On the other hand, though, the highways gave the Commonwealth races the same powers of expansion as the TOAs gave the Terrans. Whereas the old OL would have relied completely on other systems to fuel its tech factories, the highways let them harvest the natural resources in the area and become self-sufficient. Even an important system like OL would have a huge catch-up job if it wanted to go against the Terrans, but we know they're a bit worse for wear since the Torus ring was destroyed.

It could be an interesting story about old enemies struggling to align against the common foe of the Xenon, and maybe some good old AGI-smashing fights.

(hopefully I've not made any horrendous lore inaccuracies :oops:)

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 02:58

MegaJohnny wrote:It would be interesting to see the solar system be reconnected.
I'd be very interested in the political interplay between the Terrans, and the existing XR factions.

The Terrans and Argon could make up after the disaster, and live happily ever after, hopefully fighting some other, new baddie together.

Or, the Terrans could disown the Canterans, and continue to war with everyone else.

Or, the Terrans could annex and remilitarise the Canterans, cutting the PMC/OL+HOA battle lines in two, effectively (but unintentionally) saving PMC from destruction.

Or, something I haven't thought of yet.

Here's hoping to find out what ES intends to do with the Terrans!

AdánPasos

Post by AdánPasos » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 03:27

I'm sorry but I DO miss the Boron and I loved their ships. I loved the Boron Angel a lot, I had it edited to be a decent TS, it had the camera where it should be (unlike the XXL Mercuries, although I edited their cameras to be at the front as well).

NZ-Wanderer
x4

Post by NZ-Wanderer » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 05:25

I too loved the Boron ships :) - wish they could somehow be incorporated into rebirth..
Link to the list of Mods working in X4-Foundations and also Link to the list of Mods working in X-Rebirth

NOTE: I play with a modded game, so any reports I make outlining suggestions/problems/bugs/annoyances, are made with mods installed and running.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Thu, 2. Oct 14, 09:09

DavidGW wrote:

YOU are my kind of person!
Not just boron's ships are stupid, they are stupid as a whole race. The way they talk, how they express themselves, they are simply ugly and dumb.
I respect everybody who likes them, but I will never share that opinion.

Terrans are the way. Katana, Yokohama, those are THE REAL beauties.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”