Major Release Announcement - 2.50, 3.0 and new DLC!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 14:11

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:They carry drones. I love that.
Fighters were too frustrating to lose and too hard to replace.
Whilst I tend to agree with both points, I don't think this is an example of a good thing about Rebirth carriers since virtually all capital ships have a comparable drone capability.

If ships like the Taranis could only carry, for example, 10-20 drones, and/or carriers had bonuses to drones (e.g. like drone-focused ships in Eve Online) then non-Arawn carriers in Rebirth would be a lot better. Currently, they seem only half-implemented and not very good.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 14:13

Yep, I agree with that, but it's a singleplayer so I can simply use carriers as carriers and destroyers as destroyers.
And it's better than fighters, so I cannot complain.

Isn't there a "recall all drones" command for captains or DOs in 3.0?
It would totally help. Is actually the only thing I don't like about drones.
I heard of it somewhere, but always forget to search for it.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 1. Dec 14, 14:17

Fair enough, although with fighters not needing fitting out, at least it could be easier one day if Egosoft go down that road.

In 3.00 the Recall Drone button is in our drone menu on the opposite side to the Smart Defense button. I am not aware of such an option for our NPCs.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 2. Dec 14, 17:33

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Isn't there a "recall all drones" command for captains or DOs in 3.0? .
That's a new command for players in the drone menu.
Npc's were always supposed to recall drones before leaving the area.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Fastcat325
x4

Post by Fastcat325 » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 11:32

Well since your all about making the game more realistic, I run my own buisness and believe it or not I actually HIRE people to go do sales for me so I can concentrate on things like growing my company and expanding it operations. So..... I hope you make it so you can hire captains to put on traders and send out on trades without having to sit there and babysit them all the time. Keep the part the same where I have to go fly around exploring and discovering new trades and getting discounts. So to be honest this game has come a long way since release still some bugs to fix (I hope 3.0 gets most of them) im tired of falling through floors. Great job on fixing the bugs and improving the interface and game play. Also remember in the last few years your not the only company to have issues with games after launch, it seams there is a big push to get games out there and fix them on the fly then it is to get them out all polished up. So here's to 3.0 and the DLC thanks for the free stuff!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 8. Dec 14, 14:02

Hi CBJ,

I just noticed that the Steam advert is the same as it was back before 2.50 was released. Mentioning in case you wanted to update it for whatever reason.
Download X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost
A thank-you gift for all X Rebirth owners: DLC "The Teladi Outpost" for free

Together with the general availability of Update 2.50 for X Rebirth, which will be released soon, bringing a new menu system, external camera, new small shipyards and many other improvements, we are happy to announce today the DLC - X Rebirth: The Teladi Outpost - coming in December 2014:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/325580/

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Tue, 9. Dec 14, 03:42

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:They carry drones. I love that.
Fighters were too frustrating to lose and too hard to replace.
Whilst I tend to agree with both points, I don't think this is an example of a good thing about Rebirth carriers since virtually all capital ships have a comparable drone capability.

If ships like the Taranis could only carry, for example, 10-20 drones, and/or carriers had bonuses to drones (e.g. like drone-focused ships in Eve Online) then non-Arawn carriers in Rebirth would be a lot better. Currently, they seem only half-implemented and not very good.
I also want more specialization in combat ships.
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”