Station miner - not mining.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Station miner - not mining.

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 18:47

I've bumped into a strange issue in 2.50.
Using a slightly modified game (IgnoreFuel and MassTrafficConfig).

First, my old pre-2.50 Sequanna in Vapour Stream, assigned under H20 Addictives manager. Mining ice without problem. Even tried resetting the command.

Second: here it is.
Fedhelms, Boanns and Midirs, several of them in Bleak Pebble, assigned under Construction Shop, Cell Fab Matrix and Crystal supplier.
All of them have required drones and staff. Empty cargo spaces.
BUT
When I assigned them under their managers - they don't mine!
They are showing a "FREE MINING" command, and "CALCULATING PERIMETERS" under it.
Tried transfering money to managers. No effect.
Tried exchanging all Surface and Scoop MK2 drones for MK1 drones = without effect.

Can someone who has 2.50 version and few station miners test if his miners mine and/or give me some advice?
Might be a bug with those new hierarchy thingy too.

jeroll3d
x3ap

Post by jeroll3d » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 18:56

In Beta forum, no?

:)
Entusiasta da série X3! The best game.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 19:00

It's a modded savegame. Iam not sure if they would accept it there.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 19:16

They often seem stuck but they always worked for me... With some patience.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 19:22

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:It's a modded savegame. Iam not sure if they would accept it there.
Modified games will be ignored, is what it says at the top of the beta forum, any such post will be locked or deleted.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 20:14

Turned all mods off, and restarted commands.
Without effect - they still refuse to mine, and just "calculate those perimeters".

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 20:35

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Turned all mods off, and restarted commands.
Without effect - they still refuse to mine, and just "calculate those perimeters".
How long did you wait? Have you tried to move out of (or in) the zone? "Calculating parameters" should be a good sign, I had "patrol" once.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 20:40

Going to try once again, with a debug log.
Also will try some combinations of in-zone/out-zone, and command restarts.

EDIT: it still happens.
Iam starting to think that the issue is associated with Bleak Pebble sector.

Revenat342
x3tc

Post by Revenat342 » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 22:08

Are their cargo holds full? They won't automatically give anything they already have to the stations, even if it's what they're supposed to be collecting. Also, is the resource available in the local zone, and if not, is the station set to "sector: bleak pebble" or "system: DeVries?"

Also, do they have jump fuel, and is any available in the sector?

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 22:19

Revenat342 wrote:Are their cargo holds full? They won't automatically give anything they already have to the stations, even if it's what they're supposed to be collecting. Also, is the resource available in the local zone, and if not, is the station set to "sector: bleak pebble" or "system: DeVries?"

Also, do they have jump fuel, and is any available in the sector?
Cargo holds are empty.
Stations are set to Bleak Pebble.
Ships don't have fuel, but that shouldn't be problem, since the resources are directly in the same zone as the stations. Also I used IgnoreFuel, so fuel shouldn't matter.

Iam trying to reproduce this in vanilla game now. Cheated myself some credits, and bought a Fedhelm and going to build a Crystal Supplier at the same place. Wil post soon about the results.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 22:57

@Earth

This is one of day one bugs that I have been complaining about too :D Are you mining in zone ???? There is problem with Bleak Pebble all asteroids are Ore(when in zone). When you leave zone it will start off zone mining and it will start working. I spend once 4 hours looking for silicon/crystal and there was not a single asteroid with them. I think that sector is still unfinished and somewhat buggy. I also had my Crystal Supplier in that sector and it worked ok as long I was not in that sector. But when I was in zone they wore doing same thing just like they are doing to you.

Ps. Try adding them to your squad and assigning them back to manager. I had problem with my Fedhelms mining Ice. I also posted about that bug too long time ago.

Ps.2 (I didn't use any mods so that is not mod issue)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 23:22

Problem is, that Midir and Boann also don't mine.
Not even when Iam out of zone.

But I managed to get it working in a completly fresh, newly created, vanilla savegame!
And re-work it in my normal savegame.

Damn. I feel so happy now - so indeed, just as I used to say when 2.20 was fresh - there are no bugs, it's just user errors.

All I needed to do was to transfer money to the managers - a REAL giant pile of money! Then they immidiatelly started mining.
I actually needed to cheat some money in for mysef, just to test the bug, the construction shop needed around 30 millions!

Okay, it's done.
It's very wierd that station managers need to have money on their account to make the assigned freighters work :gruebel: but okay, I don't mind it, as long as it works.
Thanks for replies.

So, my self-sustaining Bleak Pebble loop which makes Reinforced Metal for me - is working now!

Leafcutter
x4

Post by Leafcutter » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 01:04

maybe they have fixed massed traffic somehow.

-LC-
Always expect the unexpected, and you will never be surprised.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 01:22

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Problem is, that Midir and Boann also don't mine.

But I managed to get it working in a completly fresh, newly created, vanilla savegame!

Damn. I feel so happy now - so indeed, just as I used to say when 2.20 was fresh - there are no bugs, it's just user errors.

All I needed to do was to transfer money to the managers - a REAL giant pile of money! Then they immidiatelly started mining.
I actually needed to cheat some money in for mysef, just to test the bug, the construction shop needed around 30 millions!

Okay, it's done.
It's very wierd that station managers need to have money on their account to make the assigned freighters work :gruebel: but okay, I don't mind it, as long as it works.
Thanks for replies.

So, my self-sustaining Bleak Pebble loop which makes Reinforced Metal for me - is working now!
That is add.... I hope managers don't pay money to our ships for delivering ore :?:

I started new game so ill be doing same thing again too. Ill see if I get same problem....
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 01:55

@ EUIV

Sure you had to say something like this. :wink: Now my ships wont mine while I'm in zone,but start up again when I leave :lol:

Shinra Vanity

Post by Shinra Vanity » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 13:19

I have had this problem also but i know how to fix it

i had to give the station manager 1.5 mill credits and Boom my ship started mining!

hope this helps

it is still a bug though and needs to be looked at

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 15:06

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Turned all mods off, and restarted commands.
Then you should continue this in beta forum imo. Maybe we get results :)

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 20. Sep 14, 18:17

Too late guys :)
But thanks for effort

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Problem is, that Midir and Boann also don't mine.

Okay, it's done.
Thanks for replies.

Yes, giving a giant pile of money to managers worked.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”