Will the Campaign/Plot ever be extended?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Fallent

Will the Campaign/Plot ever be extended?

Post by Fallent » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 21:49

I suppose this is a question directly to EgoSoft, as only they can really answer it, however I'd also like to hear the opinions of regular players.

Will the Campaign ever be extended? Are there any active plans for it? Is there any plans for a brand new Campaign, in a brand new system?

One of my biggest gripes with this game is it's a Sandbox game, but with no actual real end-game content to work towards. Owning an Empire/Fleet is ultimately pointless, as there's not much to do with it. I personally feel a nice lengthy, difficult campaign gives aim, some direction to this.

So is there any word?

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 22:56

I really hope Egosoft will give us improved end game challenges through Sandbox mechanics and not continued story arcs. AI on the faction level could very well be the answer and, additionally, an area where XR could be actually beat former X titles.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 22:59

There was supposed to be dlc content so my guess is the campaign will continue.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 23:12

A hard campaign is a cost-effective way to give the player a challenge. But this game's simulation niche gives it potential for something much more dynamic. I'd like to see something like Improved Races for TC/AP, which turns the universe into a kind of ginormous RTS you can join in on if you like. After all, conquering the whole universe for one faction is about as end-game as it gets.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Tue, 9. Sep 14, 23:32

Mount and Blade has the model about right for a sandbox endgame with the faction system and how the player works into that world - especially the mods that allow you to be a merc/sell sword in addition to a vassal or a king.

Corporations and Governments make things a bit more complicated in a good way compared to M&B but there must be a decent way to work it out.

Egosoft had it right with plots and mini-plots that set lore and gave unique rewards. Even in a sandbox these things are good for extra goals and to give the sandbox meaning.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 03:42

They've added some new Small-talk categories during the Plot.
One in DeVries where they talk about the new station and one where they are talking about Beryll and Xenon Tech.
Still Building the Wharf, so they may have new ones for Omicron as well.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

SmartBase
xr

Post by SmartBase » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 06:21

I'd just love more content in general; more gates and systems, more ships and more weapons. All within reason, of course.

Fallent

Post by Fallent » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 11:35

Sadly no reply from the Devs, but honestly I didn't really think there would be. With 2.5 Public Beta currently being worked on and tested, and no mention of real end game content at all, I guess we've still got a long time to wait.

While I'm glad they're fixing the economy, bugs, and performance issues, I was hoping that nearly a year after release we'd have some solid, lengthy expansions by now. The ASS expansion just doesn't cut it.

I was checking the Steam stats for this game the other day. If I was reading correctly, Rebirth has an average of 300ish active players. Rather depressing.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

More Faction Based MIssions

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 11:41

In 2.5 they appear to be working on missions that link several standard missions to make a larger overall mission.

See diplomatic missions. In the beta test.

Perhaps they should look to more combat orientated ones, for those mercenaries and sell swords out there. Especially since PMC and HOA are now supposed to be in a civil war.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Fallent

Re: More Faction Based MIssions

Post by Fallent » Wed, 10. Sep 14, 23:43

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:In 2.5 they appear to be working on missions that link several standard missions to make a larger overall mission.

Perhaps they should look to more combat orientated ones, for those mercenaries and sell swords out there. Especially since PMC and HOA are now supposed to be in a civil war.
Would be really nice to have some "Elite" class missions, huge rewards but requires you to have a Combat fleet.

bmtv0957
x4

Re: More Faction Based MIssions

Post by bmtv0957 » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 15:54

Fallent wrote:
ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:In 2.5 they appear to be working on missions that link several standard missions to make a larger overall mission.

Would be really nice to have some "Elite" class missions, huge rewards but requires you to have a Combat fleet.
Hell yes. I would love that. Attacks on new xenon or pirate stations.

Although I've been seeing a lot of those "Cartel Boss Vulnerable" missions in OL, for ~50k credits. Nice bit of cash, but the problem is this "cartel boss" is generally in a Fulmekron, which is the Omycron super destroyer. You genuinely need an attack fleet to take it out.

But I usually just capture them... easy 50 million.

Revenant342
x4

Post by Revenant342 » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 17:00

Yeah, I see Cartel Boss missions as capping opportunities in friendly space :p

fallenwizard
x4

Post by fallenwizard » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 17:25

It should definitely be extended. I want to know the Skunk's past and the "supernova" incident the teaser has told us about.

Also I want the Skunk to be the "Pride of Albion" again. There are voice files they can use.

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Thu, 11. Sep 14, 17:45

Revenant342 wrote:Yeah, I see Cartel Boss missions as capping opportunities in friendly space :p
Those are nice! :D
Editing posts since long before I remember.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 01:39

Why not use those Ships they are building just to be despawned when constructed being put to better use.

Create a pool of them to fight each other on a battle field.
Example H.O.A makes 2 Arawn's & 40xFighters Vs PMC's 3 Taranis's x40 Fighters. They are all spawned out of the game until a mission is activated and accepted by the player?
You fly to the area the battle will take place and fight it out for either side, large reward, huge rep.
Maybe you need a Navy Membership +20 Rep to partake in the battle?
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

wwdragon
x4

Post by wwdragon » Fri, 12. Sep 14, 02:54

spankahontis wrote:Why not use those Ships they are building just to be despawned when constructed being put to better use.

Create a pool of them to fight each other on a battle field.
Example H.O.A makes 2 Arawn's & 40xFighters Vs PMC's 3 Taranis's x40 Fighters. They are all spawned out of the game until a mission is activated and accepted by the player?
You fly to the area the battle will take place and fight it out for either side, large reward, huge rep.
Maybe you need a Navy Membership +20 Rep to partake in the battle?
That sounds like a good idea. 8)

They already have a hidden universe/system built into the game for plot reasons.
Might as well use it for player mission enjoyment too! :D
Editing posts since long before I remember.

LordSneazy
x4

Post by LordSneazy » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 04:35

Xtension to the plot please! Whatever happened to the mission from the Demo? In the demo there was a fully built Canterran station in Lava Flow, which wasn't there at launch, but is now in the game; but now a HOA station... but doesn't finish building.

And I can't seem to find it but I remember a Gamescom demo of X-Rebirth where someone is playing the mission where you protect the Scaldis while it mines, but after that, the co-pilot says, "Hey there is a station let's go there."

Which is weird because all the Gamescom demo videos I see now it all ends after the battle and the screen says, "Thanks for playing."

Does anyone know of the extended demo I'm referring too?

jojorne
x4

Post by jojorne » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 19:18

i guess the answer is 'yes' but not soon.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 07:20

Once the mod tools are out you can be sure that custom stuff will come out...
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Mon, 22. Sep 14, 10:41

All the tools are available in regards to creating missions, have been for a while. But much like in the past, creating missions is something only a few will endeavour as it takes a special kind of patience and devotion for it and its not as "flashy" as traditional modding. :roll:

Anyway, to not be completely off topic, my 0.02$ in regards of plots/missions is it should not be top priority, core mechanics is where the bulk of effort needs to be put.

MFG

Ketraar

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”