Repairing Cap'd Ships

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Waster1
x3tc

Repairing Cap'd Ships

Post by Waster1 » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 20:20

I've waited 10 months for the bugs to be worked out in Rebirth and am now giving it a go. Still seems unpolished with a virtual non-manual.

Slowly trying to figure out gameplay by research but have not found out how to repair my cap'd ships. Seems a little ridiculous that you can repair the Skunk but can't repair the ship hovering behind you at the same time.

Just trying to give ReBirth a fair shakedown while waiting for something else to materialize. Played the heck out of KSP; SC isn't doing anything until next year.

Anything else good out there???

Waster

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 20:34

Just throw an engineer aboard of it. It will automatically repair up to 75% of hull over time.
If you want to go over 75%, you have to fly to a shipyard, tell to a ship dealer capable of repairing your ship's class, and repair it for money.

Waster1
x3tc

Post by Waster1 » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 05:42

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Just throw an engineer aboard of it. It will automatically repair up to 75% of hull over time.
If you want to go over 75%, you have to fly to a shipyard, tell to a ship dealer capable of repairing your ship's class, and repair it for money.
What about smaller 1 person ships? It appears as all you can do is sell them.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 05:46

That is correct, small and medium ships mechanics are still not implemented so you either use them till the break or you sell them.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Marcus Aseth
x3tc

Post by Marcus Aseth » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 09:42

I purchased a lot of construction URV thinking it would have allowed my engineer to go over 75% repair...such a fail... :cry:

wysiwyg
x4

Post by wysiwyg » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 09:52

If you don't mind using mods you can use the repair laser mod to repair small ships. It also works on all ships but I limit it to use on the small ships in lieu of being able to repair them at a shipyard for now. Hopefully this will get patched/added soon.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 10:34

Small ship dealers (and repairing) is going to be added in the next patch, I heard.

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 11:59

Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Small ship dealers (and repairing) is going to be added in the next patch, I heard.
Let's be carefull and not take that as an certainty. It's only an rumor, and not confirmed by anyone close to Egosoft. Otherwise some people may start complaining about "broken promises" (and start an new rant), when this feature is not present.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 12:56

That's why I added "I heard" at the end... I don't have any proofs/disproofs, and only heard it from somebody. I would however say that it's quite possible.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 13:26

JClosed wrote:
Earth ultimatum IV. wrote:Small ship dealers (and repairing) is going to be added in the next patch, I heard.
Let's be carefull and not take that as an certainty. It's only an rumor, and not confirmed by anyone close to Egosoft. Otherwise some people may start complaining about "broken promises" (and start an new rant), when this feature is not present.
If only Egosoft would just say what their plans are - it would help clear this sort of thing up. They are so out of touch, sticking to old design philosophies that don't seem to be working. They need to move forward and engage with the community properly instead of designing bizarre stuff from up in their crumbling ivory tower.

Marcus Aseth
x3tc

Post by Marcus Aseth » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 13:39

@Archaeosis: I can agree with this. After all,a game is made for people,and is people who decide what gets a 10/10 on metacritic.com or a sad 3.1 (current vote),there is no point in wanting to try to make a game that sells if you completely ignore what your fansbase (wich truly understand how the game should be) tell you what's wrong about the current state of things,therefore angering them and getting A LOT of really bad pubblicity...that way you couldn't even sell a valid product,not to mention that metacritic score is actually employed on steam store page,so whoever go to X:rebirth page sees a big METASCORE 33/100...while if it was 80/100,the game could even been bad but probably would sell a lot more to casual users who just buy stuff based on an awesome rating...

So my suggestion would be,just make happy your hardcore fanbase,you'll get a good free pubblicity as a consequence, and as a resoult the game will have a greater success :)

JClosed
x3tc

Post by JClosed » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 15:13

Archaeosis wrote:
JClosed wrote:
If only Egosoft would just say what their plans are - it would help clear this sort of thing up. They are so out of touch, sticking to old design philosophies that don't seem to be working. They need to move forward and engage with the community properly instead of designing bizarre stuff from up in their crumbling ivory tower.
Yep - and when they say "something" your next question will be "when?", and if you don't get an answer you going to complain about the lack of target dates.

And when they also give "some" very rough target date, you will complain about the lack of precise date.

And when they don't deliver that "something" within the rough date given, you are going to complain they are telling lies and are deceiving you, because they do not deliver what was "promised all that time".

Been there, seen that....

And secondly... The problem with development is that you can have good ideas that can look very promising at start, but when it comes to practical implementation give unexpected side-effects and have to be cancelled. Or the idea was good, but does not work out that great in practice (and will be "shot down" by the consumers). This makes it very hard, if not impossible, to promise anything at all within any time frame at all.

Following that reason (and the ones pointed above that) it is better to say as little as possible and avoid giving any time frame.

You can argue that leaving consumers "in the dark" is not great (and I can imagine that), but the alternative is (in my opinion) much worse. And please do not say that we are all "grown-ups" that can "handle" those things, because ......... well.... if you have visited this forum enough times I don't think I have to explain that aspect any futher..

astreus
xr

Post by astreus » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 18:23

Not less funny than x-time docking, walking inside those bodacious, never boring stations :D for searching & hiring a engineer - is to save game, open the editor and repair the hull (or engine, or ...whatever your need) by yourself. This works 100% even on small ships. I guess this is really a planned part of the game (otherwise it won't work as it should from the very start 2013) but it seems many players didn't checked this so far. :wink:
After more than 10 days DID you have to be mad!

Waster1
x3tc

Post by Waster1 » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 19:16

I appreciate the answers, speculation and analysis to the original question.

Hopefully at this stage most of the trolls, haters and negative folks have moved on, just leaving the true gamers that are looking for a finished product. I can hardly blame Egosoft for clamming up after all the fire they received; we know there was pressure to release Rebirth before it was ready and they've paid that cost.

@JClosed, @Marcus - Completely agree with you.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”