X3TC Betty problem

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

emk2z
x4

X3TC Betty problem

Post by emk2z » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 01:32

Hi all,

First of all I did search the forum several times to find anything relevant to my problem and found noting so please flame Google if there are posts over this. Also my game is modded and I believe a mod is causing trouble so I write here.

In my game betty kinda lags. In a new game everything is normal but after a while betty and all station sounds & vid anims with sounds stop. Than after some time all comes back and plays all missed sounds one after another. So I hear like 10 20 command confirmed, command rejected etc. It was ok like that but now there are no betty sounds. Expecting it would return eventually I did not pay attention, but it is not coming back. In new game or older save ( sadly too old ) everything works normally

I'd say salvage claim is causing it but i'm not sure. But in vanilla i did not have this issue. I was using salvage claim, npc bail, bonus pack and color universe map mods while I had this issue. Also worth mentioning same thing happened in x3r too

If anyone has any explanation or remedy they would be welcome.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 07:35

I have something similar, mostly occuring when I interrupt Betty saying "Autopilot activated" or "Ship Computer control transfered" with the Salvage Claim software.
My tip : let her speak ! Don't cut the autopilot until the sound are over.

The same happen in Litecube Universe, with the "collect all ware in sector" command. If there are too many crates at once at range and if I SETA or cut the autopilot while Betty speaks, I'm good to have that oddity.

PS : ffdshow codecs are disabled for me
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

emk2z
x4

Post by emk2z » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 09:27

Thanks, I suspected that as well. But it's not so easy to do when she comments on everything. I also had a music problem (music coming out as loud static) and uninstalling k-lite solved it. I'm not sure if these two issues are related.

What I'm hoping to figure out is some sort of solution so Betty returns without going back to older save. Since I'm already moded, reset sound cache or reboot Betty kinda thing :b

Schultski

Re: X3TC Betty problem

Post by Schultski » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 04:34

emk2z wrote: I was using salvage claim, npc bail, bonus pack and color universe map mods while I had this issue.
Well, in my experience, it may happens because of the stacked-commands caused by certain scripts, of which 2 or more of the scripts might be manipulating same object.

I myself never encountered this problem before [installed with all those scripts above, without the NPC bail ones].

Try the standard trouble-shooting method:
Remove all of your external scripts except the Bonus pack, then try to play the game. If it works as good as it should, try adding another script and see if it works like the first you use the Bonus pack.

Hope this helps,
Schultski Rheindland
[=] Matsu-Taka [=]
Matsuhiko Takagawa / Schultski Rheindland

Know how to best the X-Universe by one shot?
Push the little 'REBOOT' button on your PC, that should do it...
Try it... it works for me... believe it... it works...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”