Moving cargo between ships? how?!

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Marcus Aseth
x3tc

Post by Marcus Aseth » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 17:33

I captured 2 Taranis and both where without fuel for the jumpdrive...seems logic to you guys that plutarch military vessels travel around with a jumpdrive and no fuel?! Make them look like amateurs of space and poor guys... :D

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 18:17

Marcus Aseth wrote:I captured 2 Taranis and both where without fuel for the jumpdrive...seems logic to you guys that plutarch military vessels travel around with a jumpdrive and no fuel?! Make them look like amateurs of space and poor guys... :D
That's actually just an artifact of the current patrol code : capital ships slowboat zone to zone and never use the jumpdrive. This may change in future patches and already does with World War X mod.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 20:32

That would actually be a very good idea... If capships could travel between sectors with the boost engines, not just between zones.

BTW to OP: even if you had jumpfuel, your ships would get destroyed at way back to DeVries anyway... Because they would never use the jumpdrive in Lookout alpha. They have to manually fly to the DeVries gate, and fuel is not going to help.
I'd recommend befriending the PMC guys, arriving there before your ships and destroying all anti-capital weaponry, or NOT travelling together with your ships (unconfirmed, but I guess that they will survive if you won't be present in the same zone).

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 02:57

I can confirm this
Spoiler
Show
as I have capped 2 PMC destroyers in Buried Treasure, and sent them back to Devries (neither had jump fuel on board). I have also sent several trade ships from Devries to Buried Treasure and Sinister poem remotely (easy to do as long as you have docked at the stations you want to buy the wares from and won a chit chat mini-game with a trader at the station and asked for trade updates).
As long as you are nowhere near the ships, the "simplified rules" take effect and they suffer very little, if no damage at all. On the other hand, if you travel with them, the "complex rules" are in effect and the PMC Cell Recharge station near the jump point will eat you alive.
Last edited by Lander1979 on Tue, 19. Aug 14, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 03:04

I would love to see a Tanker ship in the game, will save so much time when refuelling.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Jaxartes
x4

Post by Jaxartes » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 10:59

santi wrote:I would love to see a Tanker ship in the game, will save so much time when refuelling.
Yes a proper tanker ships with AI so that it can be commanded to automatically refuel to ships you assign it too. Maybe even something similar for drones and missiles.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 01:34

Marcus Aseth wrote:So let's say I capture a Taranis on Albion in enemy sector (I captured 2 actually) without any charge refuel station nearby (or maybe are controlled by enemy I don't know) and no fuel for a jump...

Now,the Taranis refuse to go to Devris because he can't jump to the sector where the portal is, and it does nothing if I say him to buy fuel. I can't transfer the fuel by calling a Rahanas,so how am I suppose to take the ship out of there without using mods?! (I don't want to use mods)
The Buy Fuel option doesn't work i'm afraid, you have to go to coms and order them to refuel.

There is a refuel station that belongs to HoA in Gemstone Manufacture>>Far Out Sector.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 19:03

X3 had such a simple solution to this. I simply select a ship, press Shift+x (hotkey) and it initiated a freight exchange option with any other vessel either in range of the transporter, or docked at a station.

In Rebirth, since Cargolifter Drones have taken over docking & freight transfer, the EXACT same quick hotkey (or menu selection) mechanic would work great, each ship sending drones to do the deed. Simple & elegant solution.

I too would LOVE to see fuel tanker ships. I would LOVE it if I could build a "Fuel Storage Module" on my Stations so all ships working for it will refuel from this pool - with a single tanker assigned assuring it's kept topped up. Again, a simple (it's just a storage module) elegant solution to the whole jump fuel thing. Plus of course, the introduction of Tankers + Freight Exchange helps us remotely refuel any, erm, empty ships we might encounter. This would add so much to the game for me.

I really hope ES implement this soon - I want to feel in control of my fleets, there so much I cannot do currently.

Scoob.

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 01:03

+1

On cargo lifters and tanks for interaction between cap ships and stations, its a very elegant solucion, hope that we will see this very soon!!

Evildweeb

Post by Evildweeb » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 02:46

I have to agree.

You are required to maintain cargolifters in order to GET and TRADE between your ships and stations.

And yet ship to ship is not an option.

<----- scratching head wondering where the Devs were that day.

Yes - ship to ship would be of benefit - especially if you have a fully loaded ship you require for mining or some other interesting redundant activity and don't wish to send it hell and gone back to a friendly station or send to refuel first, yada yada yada.

Cheers.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 10:27

Also ship to station cargo transfer could be useful.

lightbender585

Post by lightbender585 » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 11:31

Awesome idea !!!. Simple and so very handy, I still believe in this game but I'm a little disappointed in the lack of ship options. One enjoyable memory is of x-ap figgering out how to deck out my ship for taxi missions for groups of people, a small thing, but I feel it's these little touches that make u think witch = enjoyment :). Oh mighty and mysterious Dev's, please heed our call.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”