Letting off Steam - Resolved by Steam

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pu55er
x3tc

Post by Pu55er » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 09:55

Well, I do not really know what to say. The Steam thing has become academic almost as I have given some time to XR and although I thought I was prepared to treat this more as the beginning of a great new series of X, I find it has nothing that attracts me in anyway.

Whether is is good or will be good or bad is not the point for me. It is simply a game that I would not give the time of day. There have been other games that many people enjoy which do nothing for me so rather than moan about detail, I will leave it that I am going back to the last version with some mods applied. It is so good perhaps I never did need XR.

Thank you for those that tried to help me. Much appreciated.
I would like to die like my Uncle did in his sleep. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 11:58

No problem! Hope to see you around for another try to XR in few patchs.... maybe you'll be much interested in when it would go complete as it is not yet!!
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Pu55er
x3tc

Post by Pu55er » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 14:30

You're very kind. I will of course be around for all the previous X's where I had the opportunity to realistically, (almost) travel around space which in my lifetime, is not going to happen.

Unless of course there is a life after death and I come back as a Xenon.

But for me it is simply that XR doesn't give me the feeling that it is real. There is no rythme or reason for why the method of travel would be as it is. Why space stations need to be a mass of untidy parts with entry almost as an afterthought and when you leave you do not know if you have or haven't until you move.

I simply cannot comprehend how presumably the same people who achieved so much can spend twice or thrice the amount of time creating so little.

It is very sad indeed.

But I am sure many will enjoy the game and as the mods and patches gather speed and ingenuity, who knows.
I would like to die like my Uncle did in his sleep. Not screaming and shouting like his passengers.

Pu55er
x3tc

Post by Pu55er » Wed, 27. Aug 14, 12:17

On the 22Aug14 Steam replied with an apology and sent me the necessary to regain my original account. When I got there, I found they had stuck in XR for me.

In summary, job done and the bottom line I expect was simply the wait.

But fairdo's, once they Stream got started, they sorted.

I am doing X3TC upstairs and just starting Albion downstairs. They are so good.

Thank you to every one for help, advice, comment.

Ebyl Vampyre
x4

Post by Ebyl Vampyre » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 01:30

Just so you know, copy and pasting all your password info in doesn't protect you from key loggers. It's not a difficult (or uncommon) thing for them to access anything copied to the clipboard.

Pu55er
x3tc

Post by Pu55er » Thu, 28. Aug 14, 04:08

Ebyl Vampyre wrote:Just so you know, copy and pasting all your password info in doesn't protect you from key loggers. It's not a difficult (or uncommon) thing for them to access anything copied to the clipboard.
Thank you. I didn't realise that.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”