Crew skills

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vince4

Crew skills

Post by vince4 » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 01:06

Hi I am new to X Rebirth but I played X AP before so not totally clueless.

In game I recruited some officers for capital ships and some for player ship. But need to know more about skills. For example what is the difference between Captains with 1 and 5 Navigation skill ? Or Morale ? Is there any document which explains those skill advantages of different officers ? And can a skill increase with time except boarding experience ?

One more question: How can i order my captured fighters to dock any station or capship ? How to repair fighters ?

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 01:20

A captain with 1 Nav skill can't hardly find his ass with both hands as a 5 nav skill will trade faster, and as far as I know skills do not increase . As far as repairing capped fighters without mods can't be done yet and can't land anywhere, They can only be assigned to larger ships or station defence. If you are not against using mods there is a welding laser mod in the steam workshop that can repair ships.

vince4

Post by vince4 » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 01:39

OK.

How about morale ? He runs away if he has low morale ? Or what about architect skills ? Does a building collapse if built by low skill architect ?

Thats too bad fighters cannot dock. I do not see use for carrier ships if they do not carry fighters. Thnks anyway.

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Wed, 13. Aug 14, 02:01

Ships in combat do not run away if a captain or defence officer has low moral I think they get confused easier and do not preform as well. A engineer with 5* repairs a ship faster and can repair hull to 75%. Without mods you can never get any NPC with all 5* and without mods you can only find out their rating by doing smalltalk ( with a NP you don't wamt to hire) and asking for a referell.

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 00:54

I'm bumping this thread. I tried to find some info on this but there aren't many out there. The aiscripts apparently show that Combat is used to increase the chance for fighters (Pilots) to launch missiles, that "combinedskill" is used by engineers to increase their repair speed... But that's pretty much it. Combat seems also to be used to change the behavior of fighters, higher combat skill means different fly patterns. I remember a thread showing that Boarding was important for Marine Officiers too.

No mention of "navigation", "leadership", "morale"...

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 01:53

bm01
x4

Post by bm01 » Sun, 21. Sep 14, 02:19

Wow, thanks. I tried to find such infos for like an hour.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”