[X3TC] Finding sector trader information

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zeebie

[X3TC] Finding sector trader information

Post by Zeebie » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 00:04

I've just started up my first sector trader. How can I tell what level he is? I have seen people reference sector trader settings or options, but I can't find any menu like that. Thanks for any help.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 01:04

When you open the info menu of the trader it should say next to the pilot name what level he is.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Zeebie

Post by Zeebie » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 03:21

So it does, thanks!

While I've got someone answering ST questions: my ST is now level 10, but does not use his jumpdrive (though he does buy energy cells for it). The wiki says he should be using it after level 8?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 04:07

Increase the number of sectors he can trade in.

IanFitzJo
x3tc

Post by IanFitzJo » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 17:09

And check that Auto-jump (scroll down in the Orders menu) is set to YES

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 17:18

Ships running Mk3 trader software commands should ignore the standard ship autojump, min jump range or refuel settings and use the quite separate Mk3 trader, jumping and refuel settings and scripts that also depend upon pilot experience. The standard scripts and settings will apply again if you interrupt the Mk3 command and issue a different command though.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 10. Aug 14, 22:28

If you have not worked it out yet, when it is above a certain level,you can tell it to sector trade from a sector and it will ask you for a range from 0 to the maximum it at do at that level.

set and forget...until he bothers you again.

Zeebie

Post by Zeebie » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 00:55

Alan Phipps wrote:Ships running Mk3 trader software commands should ignore the standard ship autojump, min jump range or refuel settings and use the quite separate Mk3 trader, jumping and refuel settings and scripts that also depend upon pilot experience. The standard scripts and settings will apply again if you interrupt the Mk3 command and issue a different command though.
Alan, what and where are the separate Mk3 settings for this? The only setting I've encountered is sector trading radius.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 04:25

Can't remember an MK3 telling me that he can use more sectors. Maybe that invented for AP. In TC you have to re-issue the trading order. Make sure the hold is empty of any wares (except drones and fuel). That will restart the trader (but not change its level) and you will be able to set a range.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 13:49

@ Zeebie: The Mk3 settings other than trading radius (eg use jumpdrive, refuel quantity, whether to auto-buy jumpdrive/drones/mosquitos, behaviour around enemies, etc) are internal to the Mk3 scripts and are set by the experience of the pilot and to a lesser extent by some of the other ship softwares that may be installed.

Have a read of this linked guide.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Zeebie

Post by Zeebie » Mon, 11. Aug 14, 15:16

Thanks everybody.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Tue, 12. Aug 14, 17:11

Usually, an ST that has leveled to a point where it can jump more will pull into a station and let you know it's awaiting new orders. Or, you can look his level up by clicking the info on it. Just re-issue the "Start Sector Trader" command, and it will ask for a new jump-range. Good to go!

I launch them as UTs when they get to Level 20, and start a new ST to replace it in the same sector... like shark teeth!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”