[X3:TC] Help a noob! CLS MK1 Question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kenshin87
x3tc

[X3:TC] Help a noob! CLS MK1 Question

Post by Kenshin87 » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 17:42

So I've got a pretty basic setup, trying to disperse energy from a solar plant to my other factories nearby...

When i select the SPP as my homebase and select energy as the product, it then asks for a price. My question is how does this work exactly?

I've read the software info forum and it mentions setting a price but gives no details at all. I noticed someone else asked about this but it was overlooked.

All i want is for it to disperse the energy, i don't really care what prices are. So i need to know how this works so that i don't accidentally cause the freighter not to work.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 13:58

You set price X.

When the ship unloads N Ecells to a Factory, X*N credits will transfer from the Factorys account to the SPP's account.

You can set the X to any number, even 0. However, your SPP must get its Crystals from somewhere. Each Crystal has a price. Each Crystal converts into known amount of Ecells. From that you can calculate how many credits per Ecell the SPP has to get in order to afford to buy the next Crystal.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 14:09

Set it to 15 this is a reasonably low figure and will cover production costs as long as you can import crystals at average.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 16:03

What's the level of your pilot ? Be aware that only pilots who have completed level 1/4 can SELL wares.
At level 1 they can only BUY wares.

If your pilot is already trained then he will accomplish your orders.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 19:35

@zazie: You are talking about CAG. This thread is about CLS. Different function, different rules.

RayF

Post by RayF » Thu, 10. Jul 14, 20:22

go with cls2. much more powerful option in my opinion. I find cls1 a pain to setup. never use them myself.

If you are having problems setting things up with cls2 come back and provide as much details as you can. Iam sure a lot of experienced players here will be able to help you.

ancienthighway
x4

Re: [X3:TC] Help a noob! CLS MK1 Question

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 02:42

Kenshin87 wrote:...All i want is for it to disperse the energy, i don't really care what prices are. So i need to know how this works so that i don't accidentally cause the freighter not to work.
When I'm moving product from one of my stations to another, I generally set the price at 0. The only reason not to do this would be if the supplier has to buy resources and needs the cash transferred from the supplied station.

In your case, if the SPP needs to buy crystals, set the price as you see fit. When the energy is delivered, the credits are transferred from the supplied station to the SPP.

Going further, if the supplied station is a crystal fab, you could leave the price set to 0, and either set up another CLS1 to move the crystals to the SPP or better yet, switch the CLS1 to a CLS2 and it will handle both moves.

With more than just the SPP and the Crystal Fab, I'd set up a CLS1 moving crystals from the CF to the SPP, and another CLS1 moving energy to all of the stations/complexes.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 12:45

jlehtone wrote:@zazie: You are talking about CAG. This thread is about CLS. Different function, different rules.
I was talking about CLS.
CLS 1 or CLS 2-pilots have levels, from Level 1 to Level 6. Level 1 is limited:

Quote from the (original German) Manual:
Lehrling
Der Lehrling kann von einem Lieferanten ein Produkt abholen und an drei Verbraucher liefern. Der Lehrling ist in der Probezeit und bekommt aus diesem Grund kein Gehalt.

I don't have a link to the 'official' english translation. My own rough translation: Apprentice - can collect a product at a supplier and deliver it to three consumers. He is not paid.

But for the question discussed in this thread, you are right: I was not aware that an Apprentice can actually deliver this product.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 11. Jul 14, 18:00

Ahh, you were using words "buy" and "sell" and it is a FAQ that an apprentice CAG can only buy, while the CLS Mk1 is internal logistics, i.e. load/unload rather than buy/sell. Hence the misunderstanding.
BP Manual wrote:Apprentice CLS Mk1
The apprentice is able to collect one product from one supplier and to deliver it to up to three consumers (excluding equipment docks and trading stations). The apprentice is carrying out his probationary period in your enterprise and doesn’t get a salary during this time.

I have to disagree with RayF slightly. IMHO, the CLS1 is easy to set up and this scenario (transfer ECells from player SPP to player Factory) is exactly what it has been made for. (The easiness might come from the fact that I've used CLS Mk1 from X2 era onwards.) I do admit that CLS Mk2 wider application, but for this particular use it has a cost that I don't like.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”