Radial menu on HOTAS how do you get it to work?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigBANGtheory
x4

Radial menu on HOTAS how do you get it to work?

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 10:01

I have been struggling for a long time now trying to find a good workable solution for using the XR Radial menu system with a HOTAS controller. As you probably know decent HOTAS systems include many digital PoV hat switches and usually 1 or more analogue sticks in addition to the primary joystick and throttle. My thinking has always been "well I have more control options than a gamepad, so if its a UI designed for gamepad then it should work for HOTAS". I keep finding myself returning to the keyboard and mouse during flight and that seems wrong.

How are others driving the radial menu (and other menus) via HOTAS?

How does it work on the game pad, you press the A button and then use what to select the menu options?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Sun, 6. Jul 14, 10:56

I always had to use keys for that. Can be done with the stick but doesn't feel right.
Have you tried assigning macros to buttons on it? Maybe that works..

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Mon, 7. Jul 14, 14:54

On my warthog i hav a button assigned to "F" defalt Interact

I Hold the button assigned to "F" down move my Flight stick to the option i want then relese the Button assigned to "F"

works every timew for me
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

trigg88

Post by trigg88 » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 00:43

D.O.S. wrote:On my warthog i hav a button assigned to "F" defalt Interact

I Hold the button assigned to "F" down move my Flight stick to the option i want then relese the Button assigned to "F"

works every timew for me
I messed about for a while with my warthog preferring the mini mouse on the throttle lever instead of the joystick to scroll around that menu

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 00:58

trigg88 wrote:

works every timew for me
I messed about for a while with my warthog preferring the mini mouse on the throttle lever instead of the joystick to scroll around that menu
I use the mini mouse for my roll. I find the mini mouse way to sesitive for my fingers
OS:MS Windows 10 Pro x64 / Cpu: AMD-FX Piledriver 8350 @4.0Ghz / Mb:GA-990FXA-UD3 / Memory:16Gb DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical @1866
Gpu:Gigabyte Nvidia 770GTX 4GB GDDR5 / Storage:Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB System, WD Caviar Green 2TB HD Data & Games / Display:24" Asus VG248 1920 x 1080 @144Hz + Nvidia 3D Vision Kit
Input Devices:Razer Deathstalker / Razer Oruoboros / Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog / BroadBand:EE 4GEE MobileBroadBand (50Gb PCM)

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 10:23

trigg88 wrote:

works every timew for me
Yes I've been experimenting with that also, that might work though you have an awkwardness of menu activation and selection still. Can you share how you have your Settings > Controls > Menus configured pls?

fyi I also use a TM Warthog

Shokai
xr

Post by Shokai » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 17:23

BigBANGtheory wrote:
trigg88 wrote:

works every timew for me
Yes I've been experimenting with that also, that might work though you have an awkwardness of menu activation and selection still. Can you share how you have your Settings > Controls > Menus configured pls?

fyi I also use a TM Warthog
I miss Yaguchi Mari

D.O.S.
x4

Post by D.O.S. » Wed, 9. Jul 14, 18:16

@BigBANGtheory

Heres my inputmap.xml & TM Warthog Configs https://www.dropbox.com/s/io8kiffsjrt1k ... Config.rar

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”