[X3AP] Corporation Troubles Plot - Broken?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

[X3AP] Corporation Troubles Plot - Broken?

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 07:19

So, I've checked the plot guides and see no mention of this, so before I go too far past my last plot save, any advice on whether it's broken or not please?

I've completed the first mission and have been asked to make three decisions for the owner, the time between the last two calls for help was just under an hour of game time which is slow enough but I've now been waiting almost six hours for the next opportunity to progress but nothing! :evil:

I'm currently sitting in safe UFJD space with SETA on to see if it will generate a new "mission" at all but no sign yet. I've done a lot of empire building in the last 5 hours so I'd like to know how far back I might need to go.

The 2nd call for help asked for a Yes/No/Wait-and-see response and I went for "wait" in case there're any known issues with that. I did get the third request and have had the outcome of that but nothing since. This plot is going to be hard enough to complete while being Paranid enemy #1.

Only other thing of note is that I've been contacted to start Shady Business but have not made first contact yet.

Anyone else had issues with this plot? What sort of time between requests for help/advice is normal?

Cheers
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 11:28

Normally the requests for help or updates on the effect of your advice occur within an hour of two of game play time. To be honest I found the whole process pretty tedious.

So I suspect you might have a problem. The request for advice are usually to take forceful action or to submit to unethical practices. I don't actually recall their being a wait and see option though.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 12:00

Not sure if all games are the same with this plot, perhaps with the exception of Terran starts, but I have to deal with a Paranid in Third Redemption - I've checked and he's still there on the station, just has nothing to say to me.

My start was Unholy Traitor and I've not bothered to repair my rep (Enemy of Priest Xaar 3%) with the Paranid as I intend to wage war and steal their ships later anyway. I have taken out a few of their jump beacons recently so it's possible that hostile action has broken the link.

I'm going to reload that earlier save and run SETA for a bit to see if I get another "mission"

An hour or two is still far too long to be normal, oh well, I think I can only get as far as the blood stained note before I have to dock at a Paranid station anyway which is never going to happen with my rep!

The requests have only been to decide what to do with the corporation e.g. allow a reporter access but the wait-and-see one was when asked whether to inject capital into a failing station, sell it or halt production and wait to see if the situation improves - perhaps I'm still waiting!

EDIT: Okay, so after reloading the save at the point of receiving the last mission it will now offer me a new one after about 45mins. Oh well, guess I'll have to rebuild a couple of complexes. And stay away from Paranid Jump Beacons for now :cry:
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Tue, 24. Jun 14, 15:56

MarvinTheMartian wrote:Oh well, guess I'll have to rebuild a couple of complexes. :cry:
ouch.
good luck.
oh well, building complexes aren't really annoying.
(at least not the first time)
I bet it'll be even prettier then the first time though

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”