[X3LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.59b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 09:54

It was a problem with Global Tasks that keep stacking and cause lag after a while. It has been fixed. All major bugs have been fixed, that's why I don't update this anymore (and I don't really play X these days).

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 17:24

Joubarbe:

I intended to try out your mod but when I went to the download file I got a load of crap programs downloaded that also overwrote my preferred web browser.

They still keep popping up so I may have to do a system restore.
Has someone tacked onto it at the media down load site?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 18:16

There is a big green "Download" button.

You click the big green "Download" button.

It downloads.

You're happy.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 18:35

Joubarb:

Did that managed to avoid most of the junk but how do you know when the mod has installed. I dropped the files into the appropriate folders but see no difference in the game ie its still LU as far as I can tell and their are no changes in the AL setting options.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 18:38

If you see no AL setting, then you did something wrong...

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 18:54

I have the standard AL settings ie Phanon and OCV etc, but the game seems identical have you a suggestion for a quick test I could use to see if in fact it has installed ie does XRM have a different load screen or start menu ?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 18:58

Quick test : you should have an AL setting... The mod is deactivated by default. You have to extract the files in x3ap\addon, unlike LU.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 16. Jan 15, 19:06

Joubarbe:

Thanks for the response I repeated the process I used earlier and now it works. I must have missed a step the first time around or misplaced a file.

Thanks again for the help.

Shaun.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 16:07

is it possible to start this mod without having an HQ or a powerfull warship or a fleet? i jus want to start the game with a M5 or a M4 and very little money, an work my way up.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 16:11

Of course, you can start with a Litcube's start, or one of the poorer start in the "You Lived Before" screen. If you want to stay with the default Litcube's start, choose "Leave me alone" when prompted.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 16:13

ohhhhh i didnt know that. i thought it required an actuall restart on one of them choices. ah thats good to know thanks :P

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 18:19

ok after spending couple hours wondering around....

i found 1 mission. an its 1 mission i cant yet do, to scan asteroids....

soooooooo whats the deal? lol

what do i do? theres no missions to do so whats the point of this mod? lol

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 18:30

Missions are hard to find at the beginning. And don't forget that if your racial reputation is below 2, you will have less missions.

You wanted to "work your way up" ; you have it :)

EDIT : and you just have to buy a mineral scanner to scan asteroids, it's the easiest mission.

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sat, 17. Jan 15, 19:02

Joubarbe wrote:Missions are hard to find at the beginning. And don't forget that if your racial reputation is below 2, you will have less missions.

You wanted to "work your way up" ; you have it :)

EDIT : and you just have to buy a mineral scanner to scan asteroids, it's the easiest mission.
lol i just concerned it wasnt working properly

but i sold some equipment an got mineral scanner to do the mission now more missions appear since i got small reputation

:P

just something to add.

i have trouble with the weapons dealer missions.

it asks for 5 units of Impulse ray emmiters and it wont take it at the station

am i missing something? i have them in my cargo and nothings happening

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sun, 18. Jan 15, 21:07

this is kind of an issue

i dont know if im missing something or if i did some thing wrong but i would like some infomation about this

when i do these misions where i buy Weapons, or misiles then drop them off to station that wants them

noone picks them up so
wat do i do? am i missing something?

why is this happening?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 22:07

Yep, you missed reading the first post. And the "Features" section.

marcinwrona
x3tc

Post by marcinwrona » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 15:56

Hello! I just started using this mod and Litcube's, and both are fantastic. I think I'd be using XM-R even if it did nothing but allow for remote quest turn-ins. Great sanity-saver.

I do have a question, though. I'm not sure if my issue is the result of installing XM-R midway through a playthrough or if there's something else happening (my install seems clean, Litcube's seems to be working perfectly well, and I'm using no mods other than LU and XM-R).

Basically, I've started the Yaki plot and advanced it to the point where they want me to provide M3s to the Argon ... but I cannot for the life of me find a way to increase rep. There are never any missions available in their sectors, and I think it could be because I unlocked Hard (and thus removed Very Easy missions from the game). I thought about using a Peacekeeper, but it turns out that requires you to already have some sector rep. I tried to accept a Wanted mission and pull pirates into Ocracoke's Storm. I bought some of the Yaki space fuel and sold it to one of their stations. My rep hasn't budged from 0 - 50/100. Is that normal?

Do I have to watch Yaki sectors for Xenon, or is there some other method of getting that first bit of rep?

Cheers, and thanks for the mod!

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 16:07

You should have some missions. Otherwise, yeah, try killing some bad guys or selling wares. It's doable :)

marcinwrona
x3tc

Post by marcinwrona » Tue, 27. Jan 15, 17:23

Well, I can confirm that I'm not getting anywhere through pirate kills or buying Yaki wares. I can land at Yaki stations, which as far as I know shouldn't be possible at rank 0, but nothing I do budges rep. Could it be because I recycled the two stations they had you build once that quest step was over? Is there a script that checks whether you have property in sector? (But I do have satellites, so ...)

It's not a huge deal, but I would like that overtuning.

edit : Never mind! All is well. For whatever reason, trade and whatnot didn't help at all, but Weaver's Tempest did finally spawn some Xenon-busting missions and now all is well.

marcinwrona
x3tc

Post by marcinwrona » Wed, 28. Jan 15, 21:33

So: next question. I'm trying to use the Data Relay to hack stations, but I can't make it happen. I watched the video on youtube, so I understand the order of the steps, but I'm not sure what I'm meant to do during the firewall bypass. There are many more lines when I try than are in the video, and some light up green, some don't, etc. What exactly am I trying to accomplish in this screen?

Cheers.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”