[X3LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.59b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 21:45

Hello Joubarbe I have done something very wrong. I did an export/import in my savegame without completing the workshop quest because I totally forgot I had it active at the time and now when I don't have the save game before exporting I can't even start the quest again. When I click on the perk it says that it is already unlocked and when I dock at the HQ I don't have the option to talk to the person who gives me the quest. Is there any way to fix this?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 21:51

Do you see the perk in green ?

For the workshop, it's the Strong Arms HQ in Thyn's Excavation. Are you sure you went there ?

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 21:54

Joubarbe wrote:Do you see the perk in green ?

For the workshop, it's the Strong Arms HQ in Thyn's Excavation. Are you sure you went there ?
Yep the perk is green and again yes I went to the HQ and tried opening my missions assistant to see if I had the option to talk to the quest giver like the other special stations quests but the option wasn't there.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 22:12

Yep, classic Joubarbian curse. I forgot to setup the mini-plots and the stock exchanges when you import.

I'll fix that and release a 1.46c, but you will need to export/import again.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 22:31

@DeathBreath : You can now try the 1.46c. Please report any good/bad things (but that should work :) ).

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 23:31

Hello,

I've been having problems completed "Wanted" missions. I've tried 2 (1 easy and 1 very easy) and despite killing the attacking wave, the mission continues and I cannot find more reds to fight.

Should I be waiting in the system for some time for them to come or looking around for them in neighboring systems to trigger spawns? They don't seem to be in neighboring when I check remotely with Adv Satellites.

Thanks,
Sparks

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 14. Aug 14, 23:42

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Hello,

I've been having problems completed "Wanted" missions. I've tried 2 (1 easy and 1 very easy) and despite killing the attacking wave, the mission continues and I cannot find more reds to fight.

Should I be waiting in the system for some time for them to come or looking around for them in neighboring systems to trigger spawns? They don't seem to be in neighboring when I check remotely with Adv Satellites.

Thanks,
Sparks
If you're playing at least the 1.45, they are in direct nearby sectors (1 jump max). And they only appear as pirates when you are in the sector. So yes, you should hunt them, because they won't come at you if they do not spot you first.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Fri, 15. Aug 14, 00:13

Super, thanks.

(I was in 1.46 a or b; now in c)

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 15:47

Hello joubarbe everything now works with the C version but I have a problem to report. It's related with the LU Saturn Complex Hub calculator. I will just copy-paste what i've written in the LU thread.

I found out what the issue is - it's with joubarbe's x-missions reloaded custom starts. They have automatically revealed sectors at start.
I use the terran explorer one which has "uranus" revealed at the start with the only shipyard that sells terran stations i think. The SCH calculator probably registers an station in the list when the player enters and discovers a sector with stations at the shipyard so it has an problem registering stations at shipyards in already revealed sectors using custom scripts.

And probably that is the reason I don't have any stations listed in the terran section in the calculator. I don't know if there is an problem with other sector shipyards in other custom starts, but I hope you can find if this is the real reason for this problem and try to resolve it.
I know that the calculator is an Litcube's universe script, but I don't think the author (litcube) will try and resolve this conflict with your script.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 15:58

Probably the only issue is setting not just the sector as known, but all the objects within that sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 16:37

When you use a custom game start, a list of predefined sectors are set to "known", as well as every stations in that sector.

I'm playing with the same Terran Explorer game start, and I can't see any Terran stations in the SCH Calculator, after 3 days of playing.

Litcube, I don't understand what you're saying. If all objects are known, then you don't register anything within the SCH Calculator ? What should I do to fix this issue ?

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 18:57

I tried other game starts and there is no such problem as with the terran explorer start. For example the first custom start option "argon captain" or it was something else can't quite remember but still, when I use that custom start the argon stations are present it the argon list in the SCH calculator.

Also I tried going to the Uranus sector (which is not auto-explored by this script in that gamestart) and I still didn't see the terran stations in the calculator.

EDIT: There are no terran stations present even in the Saturn Complex hub install option which makes me unable to create a SCH with terran stations.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 17. Aug 14, 19:02

We'll wait an answer from the Disco Master, because I have no idea how to fix that.

grayx

Post by grayx » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 11:48

Joubarbe wrote:We'll wait an answer from the Disco Master, because I have no idea how to fix that.
So far, I have no problems to report. I see that some "resource fetching" missions could be canceled by NPC if he find other way to satisfy its demands. Maybe some of the Taxi Missions, once we took it, should be timed? I didn't notice they are. That said, tnx for all the additional fun Joubarbe:)

Two questions though.

- I would like to reduce percentage of lootable items. I want to scale down all that by a factor of 4. Can it be modified by simple change of percentage and where to find it?
- I want to build workshop but I need approval rating above 5 in the system I want to place it. What does this approval rating means and where I could see it? Must be something obvious, but as I rule I don't see those things:)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [SCRIPT] [X3AP/LU] X-Missions Reloaded v1.46c

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 11:57

Joubarbe wrote: Bug : the new on-screen objective message was displayed even when you didn't accept the mission.
It may only be edge cases but I think a shadow of this bug persists in 1.46c.

I will investigate a bit more this evening but I experienced this after pressing 'escape' to close a mission offer dialog popup last night. I think it was a pirate station kill mission but I will try to duplicate and write again.

Incidentally, in case it is helpful, the on-screen message said I needed to go to "null" instead of a system name.

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Mon, 18. Aug 14, 23:37

Hey Joubarbe,

just a thing or two :

-I started with the Terran Fugitive gamestart, and I saw that I have no perk points and no perks unlocked. You may want to look into that.

- Concerning the Terran SCH bug, did you try to simply unmark the sectors as "known" while keeping advsats in there ?

Edit : After selecting the Young entrepreneur (I think, the start with supposedly a TM and several fighters), I start in Mars with a Toukon, a cutlass and 25M Creds.

I changed the number of perk points given in custom starts to 5, and this time it gave me access to Terran missions while taking 3 of those 5 points. So I guess that you should give more perk points to "You Lived Before !" gamestarts.

alex4501
x3tc

Post by alex4501 » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 22:26

Hi,

I've just started out and I'm having problems with delivery missions, I take the goods to the station as directed and nothing happens, no way to deliver them.

Any ideas?

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Tue, 19. Aug 14, 22:34

I'll respond, Joubarbe can fill the blanks later. No sense to wait.
Shasslar wrote:-I started with the Terran Fugitive gamestart, and I saw that I have no perk points and no perks unlocked. You may want to look into that.
not a bug, it's intended for you to work for pirates first to unlock perk points. it's supposed to be hard.
XMR tends to make things difficult, in a fun sort of way. free perk points kind of ruin the hole perk point system, don't they?
alex4501 wrote:Hi,

I've just started out and I'm having problems with delivery missions, I take the goods to the station as directed and nothing happens, no way to deliver them.

Any ideas?
on the sidebar, select ships and go into command cosole. select other orders, there should be personala missions assistant there (or something like that). open that and deliver wares.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 00:00

Suggestion:

For LU games, it might be worth excluding Unknown Sector Omega from mission spawns sites.

Just had a defend convoy mission from Ares Iota that is doomed :)

DeathBreath

Post by DeathBreath » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 06:12

It seems Litcube released a new version, will the loot module be compatible with it? Especially asking for the jobs.txt file because the patch has this change:
(4) Fixed: Shady jobs were not spawning properly

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”