[X3LU] X-Missions Reloaded (XM-R) v1.59b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phraggah
x3ap

Re: [SCRIPT] [X3AP] X-Missions Reloaded v1.1

Post by Phraggah » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 02:35

I can't seem to find where the hotkey is listed in options. Is it under interface -> extensions?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 30. Jun 14, 09:06

Yes, Interface -> Extensions. You have XMR : Missions Assistant, and XMR : Smart Target. The latter is optional.

You have to activate the script in Options -> Artificial Life Settings to see both hotkeys.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 14. Jul 14, 12:41

• Version 1.2 - 14/07/2014
  • New feature : You Lived Before ! This optional feature offer you 20 advanced game starts that influence station reputations and default perk points, as well as classic stuff.
    See the last screenshot in the first post.
  • "Golden Opportunity" has changed. Now it offers fully equipped ships for a good price.
  • "Golden Opportunity" restrictions now also apply to Teladi stations (station reputation >= 2).
  • The ship class in "Golden Opportunity" is now indicated in the briefing.
  • "Smell Of Napalm" and "Weapons Dealer" now show their objectives before you accept the mission. This will not affect missions created prior to this patch.
  • Bonus granted with station's reputations are increased (10% for 1 point, instead of 5%).
  • "Heavy Convoy" is much harder.
  • The amount of credits given in rewards increases with your ranks (trade rank for trading missions, combat rank for other missions). The formula is simple : 1 rank = 1%, so you can have a maximum of 30% bonus.
  • "Low Interest" and "Risky Future" give both 1 station reputation point when completed, like every other missions.
  • All ships created for missions purposes have now the maximum of Rudder Optimisation (they already had max Engine Tunings).
  • The amount of products required for "Smell Of Napalm", "Weapons Dealer" and "Snack Break" has been reduced.
  • Added a .bat file to easily delete all files related to XMR (read the .txt file that comes with it).
  • The script cannot be initialized if you're docked.
  • Bug : all plot stations are now activated when created.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 09:14

Looking forward to trying his within LU soon - thanks very much!

gchojna1
x3tc

Post by gchojna1 » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 15:28

Is it possible to add "building station" mission ?
I like it very, very much :)

Greg

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 15. Jul 14, 15:58

I don't know, this mission is in my opinion a little bit too simple. As soon as you would get a TL, you would be able to do a lot of these missions, and make a lot of money. Besides, adding many new stations can be a problem.

I'll see what's possible for the 1.3, but if I add a build station mission type, I think it has to be different from the vanilla's one.

moony
x4

Post by moony » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 00:45

I've been using this with LU now for a few days and must say it really fits in well and works perfectly. Nicely done!

However, I've ran into one issue though. Whenever LU has a patch that requires an export/import (which happens quite regularly) you loose all of XRM's progress, like the perks, station standings, active missions and so on.
This information is, logically, not exported by LU.

Might be an idea to develop something like an export/import functionality for this mod as well. No idea how hard this is but without this the use of this mod for LU, although it works perfectly, is still kinda limited.

Other option would be that LitCube incorporates it in his export/import functionality for LU but I kinda doubt he'll do that ;)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 08:05

Yes I'm thinking about that, but first I need to understand how the export/import thing works.

And yeah, it would be stupid to incorporate my script variables into the official E/I, as its primary goal is to avoid any third party scripts mistakes.

But I think I can do something :)

sebbi08
x4

Post by sebbi08 » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 17:03

hi found not realy a bug but somthing funny got a food job at an cahoona station ^^ so it was like i buy it from u and sell it for the best price + x%^^

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 17:13

sebbi08 wrote:hi found not realy a bug but somthing funny got a food job at an cahoona station ^^ so it was like i buy it from u and sell it for the best price + x%^^
I had fixed that in previous versions of X-Missions and forgot to fix it in X-Missions Reloaded... Will be fixed in the next version ! Thanks for the feedback.

moony
x4

Post by moony » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 20:31

Joubarbe wrote:Yes I'm thinking about that, but first I need to understand how the export/import thing works.

And yeah, it would be stupid to incorporate my script variables into the official E/I, as its primary goal is to avoid any third party scripts mistakes.

But I think I can do something :)

great! curious to see what you come up with :)

I'm sure Litcube can give you some pointers how his E/I is working

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 20:41

Jack08 is going to need a modular EI system as well.

What I'll be doing, likely, is read a global variable array which you dudes will use to register your EIs.

I'll provide more details later.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 20:48

Thank you dear sir, that would be great indeed !

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 21:45

HI Joubarbe,

I installed XMR v1.2 into X3:AP running LU and a couple of the scripts that are reported to be compatible with LU v1.2.2. I activated it thought the AL settings and your scripts seem to be working initially but I am not sure if they are working totally. Or more likely, where I am going wrong.

Without wanting to spoiler, I received a message from York Yader and went straight to the sector he suggested but I cannot find him (in stations or any ship) or a trigger. I've tried docking at the Trade Station and the Military Outpost, and convoing captains of all M6 or larger ships. No luck.

No idea if the other scripts are compatible in combination so listing:
- Marine Repairs and Training-V2.13
- OKTraders v1.6.1 (none in operation however)
- Salvage Commands and NPCs
- Satellite Early Warning Network
- Smart Turrets
- Pirate Guild 3

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Sparks
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Wed, 16. Jul 14, 21:51, edited 2 times in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 21:50

I suppose you were in Senator's Badlands, the Yaki sector ?

All plots and missions pass through the Missions Assistant. So you have to dock at the shipyard, then go to custom commands -> Personal Missions Assistant, then talk to the guy (the name is randomized).

You also have to configure the hotkey for the PMA.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 21:53

The message asked me to go to:
Spoiler
Show
"Their outpost in Elena's Fortune.". Mission relates to Argons reclaiming pirate systems.
I've tried entering the system via jumping and via flying through the the East gate. There are no entries in the XMR hotkeyed menu while I am in that system. Regular missions are disabled so that part is definitely working.

Edit, when I loaded my LU game I was in Ares Iota (LU sector) and that is where I received the message. I've not visited Senator's Badlands yet - perhaps the message was from them but it is ambiguous. I thought it was from the Argons asking me to help them but I am not sure now.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Wed, 16. Jul 14, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 21:55

Oh this the other plot. Dock to the military outpost then open the PMA.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 16. Jul 14, 22:02

Success!

NodusCursorius
x4

Post by NodusCursorius » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 12:21

Just wanted to thank you for your work on such a satisfying mod.

Some of the missions add small touches of life to the galaxy, while others brought me back to the Freespace 2 days of defending a broken industrial while it undergoes repairs. A genuine smile, and the interface has been a pleasure to work with as well. Good work on the documentation, I might add.

My only recommendation would be allowing players to pick which area they would prefer unlocked at the start of a new game, without being required to chose one of the alternative life paths which completely changes the opening. The default Terran Commander start, along with any custom or personal starts I make, involve "hacking in" a spare Perk Point just so I can unlock the regional area I've chosen to start in. Nothing major, and it doesn't detract from the overall slow-clapping this mod deserves.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 17. Jul 14, 12:29

Thank you for the kind words.

I must confess, I completely forgot to consider other game starts than LU's ones :)
In the next patch, you will receive 1 perk point at the start, allowing you to unlock one network other than Argons (the Argon network will stay unlocked by default — let's say it's because they play an important role in the universe and they have a lot of work to offer !).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”