Shipyards completely out of drones ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZoiN
x4

Shipyards completely out of drones ?

Post by ZoiN » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 20:26

I just finished the plot for the first time today, then went on to otherwise wanting to buy myself a mining ship, though the shipyard (in omnicron lyare, haven't checked the others) is completely out of drones - yet all the URV production stations are otherwise full of them.

Is it common that NPC freighters won't trade with other stations like this, or atleast as in this case, won't transport/buy/sell drones to shipyards ?

Not to mention that there's a npc corporation which is building a ship there which is stuck - atleast its not being built at all, even though its full of materials (but I guess it might be related to the drone problem ?)

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 20:48

You can supply the shipyard with the drones it needs and make a nice profit,enough to pay for almost any ship you build, also any leftover fighter drones or cargolifters you have can be added to your own stations. or a cheaper way is to go to Albion and cap PMC maintenence ships ( they mostly carry drones) and sell them to OL shipyard.

ZoiN
x4

Post by ZoiN » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 21:17

Yeah I already went ahead and started to buy and sell drones lol - Just annoying that it ends up like this, oh well - I just hope that the URV production stations will keep up the production of drones atleast ;p
Guess its bugged then eh ?

Thanks for the tip on capturing cap ships :) !

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 22:29

ZoiN wrote:Yeah I already went ahead and started to buy and sell drones lol - Just annoying that it ends up like this, oh well - I just hope that the URV production stations will keep up the production of drones atleast ;p
Guess its bugged then eh ?

Thanks for the tip on capturing cap ships :) !
It is not bugged, IMHO. If the economy works perfectly, i.e. no shortage of anything, then the Trading part of the game is unplayable, because it would be impossible to make any money just from trading!!!

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 00:00

The problem with URV and Arms stations is that they build in cycles( URV has 5 URV production modules and only build one type at a time) and if they fill up with drones that wont sell production stalls, or in the case of arms they have 1 turret module and work the same way :twisted:

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 00:56

It takes awhile to restock drones. You can see this in Albion at either yard but the OL yard is a special nut. A new play had the yard cleaned out within a half an hour of drones. This has been a problem since day one. I imagine it might be because drones need bio optic wiring to be produced and Omicron still has fubared lists since day one. Some day we might get to the point where Albion isn't the only functional cluster.

It's actually a great idea for a mod to normalize Omicron stations to the default wares required in Albion or Devries. The cluster would run great until the spice stopped flowing. Pharma spice farm for OL is also broken FYI. I'm not sure about the ethics of relying on a mod to fix a bug or just something broken.

ZoiN
x4

Post by ZoiN » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 01:04

Baconnaise wrote:It takes awhile to restock drones. You can see this in Albion at either yard but the OL yard is a special nut. A new play had the yard cleaned out within a half an hour of drones. This has been a problem since day one. I imagine it might be because drones need bio optic wiring to be produced and Omicron still has fubared lists since day one.

It's actually a great idea for a mod to normalize Omicron stations to the default wares required in Albion or Devries. The cluster would run great until the spice stopped flowing. Pharma spice farm for OL is also broken FYI.
So building a station which builds bio optic wiring in omnicron would actually be ideal ?
Cos then it actually makes sense that nothings working over there heh - and at the same time also something that could prove to be quite profitable.

Biggest problem here though was really that no ships seems to transfer drones from the URV station to the shipyard, even though that the URV production station actually was full of them (though not to a point where I could fill the entire shipyard with drones so it wouldn't buy anymore from one URV production station) - this I really found really odd, im currently sitting in albion and there's no such issues here at all, atleast the shipyards are filled with both drones and other materials.

I also found that the Shipyard in omnicron ran low on Reinforced metal plating really fast, not sure if Reinforced metal platings are native to omnicron or not, but so far I had to import some from Albion to omnicron.

rguy1
x3tc

Post by rguy1 » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 02:11

There are I think 2 stations in OL that make RMP, each station has only 1 plate foundry so it is only a small supply. One station is the other station in Eternal Dawn( same zone as shipyard) I forget where the other is so if you keep these stations supplyed you can get a few hundred RMP.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 11:24

rguy1 wrote:There are I think 2 stations in OL that make RMP, each station has only 1 plate foundry so it is only a small supply. One station is the other station in Eternal Dawn( same zone as shipyard) I forget where the other is so if you keep these stations supplyed you can get a few hundred RMP.
You can supply the drones yourself which is how I've kept things going usually. Autotrader makes it even easier. The plate production in OL is different as the hardware fab is 2 lines where the construction is 3 in Albion. OL on the other hand besides the hardware fab does have a couple stations that have 1 line of plate as an extra. Maybe it was one station with an extra line can't recall as OL stations aren't optimal.
ZoiN wrote:
Baconnaise wrote:It takes awhile to restock drones. You can see this in Albion at either yard but the OL yard is a special nut. A new play had the yard cleaned out within a half an hour of drones. This has been a problem since day one. I imagine it might be because drones need bio optic wiring to be produced and Omicron still has fubared lists since day one.

It's actually a great idea for a mod to normalize Omicron stations to the default wares required in Albion or Devries. The cluster would run great until the spice stopped flowing. Pharma spice farm for OL is also broken FYI.
So building a station which builds bio optic wiring in omnicron would actually be ideal ?
Cos then it actually makes sense that nothings working over there heh - and at the same time also something that could prove to be quite profitable.

Biggest problem here though was really that no ships seems to transfer drones from the URV station to the shipyard, even though that the URV production station actually was full of them (though not to a point where I could fill the entire shipyard with drones so it wouldn't buy anymore from one URV production station) - this I really found really odd, im currently sitting in albion and there's no such issues here at all, atleast the shipyards are filled with both drones and other materials.

I also found that the Shipyard in omnicron ran low on Reinforced metal plating really fast, not sure if Reinforced metal platings are native to omnicron or not, but so far I had to import some from Albion to omnicron.
EGO did change some requirements and fix it in places (shipyard? if I recall asked for rations not bofu?) but OL is still broken in spots last I checked like the spice farm. It's been a hot mess since release. 3/4 of the galaxy can't run on it's own. Albion is the only cluster currently that is remotely self sufficient.

spankahontis
x4

Post by spankahontis » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 07:26

Baconnaise wrote:
rguy1 wrote:There are I think 2 stations in OL that make RMP, each station has only 1 plate foundry so it is only a small supply. One station is the other station in Eternal Dawn( same zone as shipyard) I forget where the other is so if you keep these stations supplyed you can get a few hundred RMP.
You can supply the drones yourself which is how I've kept things going usually. Autotrader makes it even easier. The plate production in OL is different as the hardware fab is 2 lines where the construction is 3 in Albion. OL on the other hand besides the hardware fab does have a couple stations that have 1 line of plate as an extra. Maybe it was one station with an extra line can't recall as OL stations aren't optimal.
ZoiN wrote:

EGO did change some requirements and fix it in places (shipyard? if I recall asked for rations not bofu?) but OL is still broken in spots last I checked like the spice farm. It's been a hot mess since release. 3/4 of the galaxy can't run on it's own. Albion is the only cluster currently that is remotely self sufficient.

I wonder what would happen if Albion Factories/wares were introduced to Omnicron Layrae?

I mean it's pretty stupid if you build a factory that makes 'foodrations' in OL and traders/customers are like "Errr, don't like argnu beef, I prefer my tasteless Boron Tofu.".
Bare in mind that the population is mainly Terran and Argon so why wouldn't they welcome the reintroduction of Argnu Meat? It's nuts!
To me, unrealistic and breaks immersion.
Ragna-Tech.. Forging a Better Tomorrow!

My most annoying Bugs list 6.0 Beta 4 + [All DLC]
--------------------------------
Nvidium Worshop Animation Enlarge Broken :(
Building Modules causes low frame rate :o
Massive Framerate drops freezing game! :doh:
Save Corrupted Fixed the Crash! :-D

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”