[X3:AP] What ships can dock larger than M3 craft?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jimmy C
x3tc

[X3:AP] What ships can dock larger than M3 craft?

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 14:17

Other than the Aran. I'm still unable to acquire one.
I heard some of the new M1s can dock M6 and M8s, but which specifically? I do not look forward to buying blindly. And can any of them dock transport-class ships?

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 14:57

Kyoto and Valhalla can dock a TS,TM, TP, M6, M8.. forgot how many exactly

The Aran can dock 1 Capital ship and 29 of everything..

Ariadne and Guppy (M7c) can dock 1 TS/TP

Rail_Balco
x4

Post by Rail_Balco » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 15:31

Wow i had completely no idea what is aran, but according to wiki its something i really want :-o

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 16:46

Yeah, having something more than a TP in a UFJD would make it easier to find one. Actually capturing it successfully is a different matter.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 13:49

The Aran is more of a huge supply warehouse, and parking garage in a ship form.

It only goes 12m/s, and that's after spending a lot of credits on tunings. As found in the UFJD sectors, it goes ~2m/s, and takes a very long time to get into the dock.

Repairing mine, found with about 14% hull, will take more than 35 million to repair at a shipyard-- WAY more, as that only got me to ~30% hull! It's going to take a LONG time for me to be able to pay for the Cargo Extensions, too.

It **can** be taken with 8 5* Marines. best survival rate out of those 8 I used left me 3 Marines alive.

I'm going to use it as an EQ Dock in association with the PHQ. But this EQD can jump to different sectors.

It is impractical as a ship of war, as it fits ZERO weapons. None at all. Not even Mosquito missiles for defense.

Surprisingly, it really doesn't fetch much selling at Shipyards, as found.

DiArmada
x3tc

Post by DiArmada » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 16:23

Monkeyfister wrote:Repairing mine, found with about 14% hull, will take more than 35 million to repair at a shipyard-- WAY more, as that only got me to ~30% hull! It's going to take a LONG time for me to be able to pay for the Cargo Extensions, too.
in TC I spent 140 M credits for repair + cargobay extensions.
(and all I got was this floating container :wink: )

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Thu, 19. Jun 14, 17:17

You must've rushed through the plots real quick if you get an Aran and are still at a stage where its costs make you bat an eyelash.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 03:45

X3AP's requirements are piddly for hub and PHQ. I had stations for most all of the hub requirements, and just had my Sellers shift the stuff to the Hub, and the PHQ? I fought perhaps 6 pirate fighters (M5-M3) and a Caravel, that the Cobra chewed up in seconds, and then before I knew it had even fired, Cobra blew up a Pirate Base, and they offered me the PHQ... I had to shakedown my stations for extra cash to buy it without BKing my Traders!

The PHQ is still sitting in the Albatross in LH shipyard, while I build infrastructure in the neighboring sector for the PHQ to live in. I'm just trying to keep above 24Mil whilst building complexes and CLS ships, with side trips to do some good-paying jobs. My Marines are partying it up on the Phantom on indefinite liberty call between training due to lack of funding. Probably trashing the place.

For the Aran, I just tried the ufjd for the first time, in my cobra, and the Aran was right there in front of me.

So, yeah, a squishy and not very useful container right now docking at Argon Prime SY for more fittings.

The rapidness of completing all that was a bit of a let-down, and caught me off-guard. Started Corporation Troubles yesterday, but am a bit distracted by all this stuff to do prepping the sector.

Can't possibly complain about my good fortunes in this game, to be sure. Rare for such luck for me in X-Universe. Just gotta run to catch up all of a sudden!

Black_hole_suN

Post by Black_hole_suN » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 04:33

yeah.. AP is just way to short in terms of plotlines... I completed all of them in just two weeks and I only play at night for 3 hrs a day.. after all the plots are complete I only have a measly 60m credits, HQ and HUB as the only stations, 3 corvettes, some odd fighters, no UT/ST and a Griffon -- in X universe that is still considered as poor

the Aran is very easy to find in AP.. whenever I use UFJD I always see it right in front of me or just within 50km from me.. the reason might be because you can only get one..

for the OP's question:
- Valhalla can dock 10 TS/TM/M6/M8 and 50 fighters
- Kyoto can dock 6 TS/TM/M6/M8/Fighters

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 09:54

Monkeyfister wrote:It only goes 12m/s
Mine goes 80m/s
With a tractor beam ;)

I'm still deciding [when I get one] whether to fix it up or R.E. it and build more, in TC I claimed 3 and found them very useful for managing marines (due to tiny marine capacity of TPs), with Jump Beacons in AP though the Aran becomes even more useful :D

I'm not feeling the urge to buy an M7C though, perhaps after I've got a couple of M2+
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 16:15

I did not know that AP limits you to just one Aran without RE-ing. Last night, while running fundraiser missions, I got to thinking about going out to try and find another one.

My thought was to set up the HQ, feed one into the recycle bin for the resources, and feed one into the RE lab, and have a shiny new Aran in about a week.

But, I've already laid out funds for the tunings and rudder ops… hmmmmm.

Is this true that there is only one Aran in AP?

It would definitely make me change these latest plans. Actually, to just stick with my current plan of setting up all the necessary resource fabs in my sector (raster oil, teladiadinum, cloth rimes, chips, computer components, etc), then setting up the HQ so that it has EVERYTHING it needs to function, or near enough to be able to get production rolling.

I have to admit that laying complexes into an empty sector makes me feel a bit like Pierre L'Enfant designing Washington, D.C.

And having so much drop on me at once is causing me to make rash decisions.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 19:07

Monkeyfister wrote:....
Is this true that there is only one Aran in AP?...
Once you capture one, that's it. You won't ever see another in UJFD space. The only way to have more than one in AP, without modding, is to build them yourself.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 20:24

Thank you for that, Nanook.

Saved me time, effort, and a lot of frustration!

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 21:26

Black_hole_suN wrote: for the OP's question:
- Valhalla can dock 10 TS/TM/M6/M8 and 50 fighters
- Kyoto can dock 6 TS/TM/M6/M8/Fighters
Other than Terran? I'm not exactly on good terms with them.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 20. Jun 14, 22:02

You don't have to buy one, you know. :wink: :fg: :pirat:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Sat, 21. Jun 14, 03:48

Well, I'm even less successful when it comes to boarding.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 15:18

Well, the Aran doesn't exactly fight back… at all.

Internal security will kill some well-trained Marines in the process of boarding it, however.

I figure that ~5Million in Marine costs was a good deal.

The ones I sent in to board it were not the best fighters, but all the other skills were 100%. Fighting skills ranged from 1-4 stars. The two 4-star fighters lived. The others probably shot each other. Decks 4 and 5 seem to be the most dangerous to Marines.

All you need to do is point your M7M in the general direction of the Aran, and use the Piracy option. It will auto-pick the Aran for you. Save, and push GO!

Not much boarding experience needed at all.

Spacewalking them doesn't seem as effective, as they land in two places, and they die quickly.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 15:19

Double post.

Jimmy C
x3tc

Post by Jimmy C » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 18:19

So, when it comes to the Aran, boarding pods will get through the hull even if they can't cut through it normally?

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Mon, 23. Jun 14, 21:43

Well, Bps certainly make it easier. My eight Marines could not cut through (100 in the three trainable skills) doing a spacewalk, but had no problem in the pods.

Make of that what you will.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”