Commender mutiny

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sytha

Commender mutiny

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 13:53

Hi everyone,

I want to know if you had already seen this before :

After boarding a ship, I hire a commender, an engineer and a defence officer. But then after a short time but not always :
The commender contacts me to say one task is complete (and there was no task) and i have a popup in my info menu telling me that I have -40 reputation with my new ship.
Then I can't speak with my commender. In the dock menu of the ship, the commender is red (enemy). Is it normal? What can we do against this?

Thanks for you help :).

Sytha

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:02

Sorry, no idea. I've not experienced or heard of that happening before.

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:03

If it can help I play with the beta version...

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:06

If you have no mods on, then post a save if possible in beta forum.

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:08

I've two mods. But i experienced this before addnig them. But I supose they won't accept it :(

DaddyMonster

Post by DaddyMonster » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:10

I've had ships say "sorry I'm busy right now" or similar but never turn red.

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:14

Yes this is it. If you go on the dock icon, you can't dock anymore. And if you click on the info menu you get the crew list. The captain is red :S

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:14

You would be welcome to post a bug report in the beta area without a save game, it just might not help as much.

There's a list in the beta area but main things you need to write are:

1. The version of the game when you started the game.
2. The version where you experienced the problem before using mods.
3. As detailed a description of the bug as you think might be needed to understand and try to reproduce the bug.

Good luck and thanks!

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:23

I've also had this happen to me, but I was able to fix it by editing my save file. I just searched for the the name of the captain and deleted some line where it said my relation was -0.01 or something similar, I can't fully remember unfortunately.

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:34

I'll check this thanks a lot ! Didn't think to look for the captain's name !

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:51

Try it but don't forget to mention your issue.in the beta forum as it seem to happen to someone else...

Just for.the record... wich mod have you now?
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 14:57

I'll do it :).

A mod which allows all player ship to jump without fuel. Because they don't want to use their boosters or buy fuel.

And betterRewards which gives more money for missions depending on their difficulties.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 15:50

Don't post anything in beta with mods on.
If you can reproduce the error without them then go for it.

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 16:25

The problem happens very randomly, so I can't reproduce it when I want. I've already provided a savegame and people who had tested it were unable to reproduce this bug.

Archaeosis
x4

Post by Archaeosis » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 16:57

I had this happen as well, but re-loaded and never found out what caused it. Happened when I boarded a hostile capital during a normal mission - got -40 rep, couldn't comm the Captain ("I don't want to speak to people like you" owtte), couldn't talk to them from the docking pad either. Just re-did the boarding and things were fine.

Sadly I've no save to help, but rest assured it wasn't *just* you. Quite possibly a butter rewards bug - I had the same mod.

Clownmug
x4

Post by Clownmug » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 17:19

I also use the butter rewards mod so maybe there is some correlation with this bug.

Loltak
x4

Post by Loltak » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 18:14

Hi,
i had the same problem with a modded 2.10 64bits (before official release 32bits). (That why i had not post in beta forum).

After my previous post (not perfectly written, i apologizing twice ;) ), i had tested some variation with my save game.
At this moment, the beta 2.10 32/64 bits seemed to be the cause of the mutiny as with the 2.0 i was not able to reproduce the issue.
I was able to reproduce the issue in beta version 95% of the time (±10 times), but i've test in 2.0 only 2/3 times.

I had done the test with or without the mod, however the savefile was created with mod.
Even if i don't think they were able to induce the issue, i'm not a game developer ;). The list is in the signature to judge what kind of interaction they could induce.
I have savefile at different step before event.

My workaround was just to wait some minute when i "think" reputation calculation was done and put my capitan. That's worked :D but i'm not sure why :mrgreen:

Bye
X4: Fondations Vanilla all extension.
Casual ineffective player at slow pace

Sytha

Post by Sytha » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 18:22

This is not betterRewars. This "bug?" occured before I add it. I also tried to switch some captains before they mutinate and it worked.

An advice is to make a save before adding a captain to a ship. Then you're sure that you won't loose your ship!

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 17. Jun 14, 23:53

Do crew remember (in save game file) their previous faction after they are hired? Or at least until they are told to work somewhere?

Just wondering if the standing loss is related to actions taken by the player either while they are still Skunk passengers or while they are flying in a boarding pod. With it not becoming apparent until they are working somewhere.

I can't try and test that for a few days but, for example, we could try to hire an NPC then ask him to work on a ship after we kill a ship their originating faction.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sun, 22. Jun 14, 20:39

Just experienced this myself. Capped a PMC mining vessel. Placed a captain on board as well as an engineer and DO. Comm'd the captain and he was red. Couldn't dock at the ship either. Edited the save file and successfully resolved the issue.

{2.0} no mods

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”