I have some lore questions... [X3AP]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WiccanWitcher
x3ap

I have some lore questions... [X3AP]

Post by WiccanWitcher » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 15:51

Ok, I've recently bought X3AP and started my humble merchant start and created a trading empire. I'm exuberantly rich and have my own private fleet of 4 boreas, 2 aquilos, 3 titans, 2 colossus, and I don't know, about 50+ eclipses.

When I noticed that the Terran's economy was isolated I thought why not and try to wipe them out? But then, I thought why did this Argon-Terran war start? Who started it? I saw that the Argon bombed Earth Torus, but didn't the Terrans declare war on everyone? Can someone explain to me the lore of what is happening basically? Before I start my mass rampage of terran sectors? (Also, if you think this fleet is incapable of handling the terrans some fleet advice would be helpful too :wink: )

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 17:14

For reasons unspecified Saya Kho destroyed the Torus choosing to end her own in the process after which the commonwealth launched a massive strike against the Terrans using AGI tech.

As for your fleet I would give you about ten minutes after entering the Terran core sectors before you are history.

There is very little lore in regards this except what is inferred by X gamers who have played them since the beginning.

You might get some insight by watching the trailers available at the sites home page.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 18:09

The X-Encyclopedia also has some information about this. If you register your game on your profile you can download it here.

The short answer is that Earth placed a fleet on the edge of Argon territory under the auspices of AGI Control legislations which, combined with the fact that Earth had planted spies in the Argon Federation years before, caused so much friction that the Argon Federation decided to attack.

Saya Kho infiltrated Earth, and out of fear that Earth would defeat Argon Prime, she killed an Earth agent and went to Earth along with her husband to blow up the Torus. At the same time the Argon sent Terraformer drones developed by the Beryll, a branch of the Yaki, to attack Earth, thus starting the second Terraformer War.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

WiccanWitcher
x3ap

Post by WiccanWitcher » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 18:41

Ah ok, I guess I'll have to bolster my fleet even more. I thought 2 aquilos with hundreds upon hundreds of hammer heavy torpedoes and tomahawk missiles would wipe a sector clean but whatever.

Thanks, for the lore information guys. So the terrans were at fault for this mess?

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 18:47

Yes you can clear a sector with enough missiles but you also have to contend with RRF fleets who have their own bombers and who spawn at frequent intervals or jump out crippled and jump back in sector as good as new.

The only way to prevent a sector being regained is to position a large force there and to ensure those sectors are kept fully supplied with ships and missiles so as you can see this is not a task for the faint hearted.

Eventually the result will be that you will be fighting an unending war which will over time become tedious to say the least.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 20:24

earth produce terraforma ships that had Ai built into them.
A certain person added a virus to them.
They eventually turned against their creators.
The X gate from earth was destroyed after the now called Xenon, were lured back through.
This cut ties with settlers in the X univesre for a very long time.
So long that it became a legend,thought to be only a fairytale by most,except the Goners who continued to look for evidence of Earth.
Argon space and Adrin are inhabited by decendants of the original settlers from Earth.

This is the basic background of the X series.
But as stated above, for a more fuller explanation check the X-encyclopedia, and the walkthroughs for each of the game series.

WiccanWitcher
x3ap

Post by WiccanWitcher » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 21:33

I don't plan on occupying terran sectors :P
The terrans have nothing I desire really, unless I take a fancy into making a Terran Ship collection. But really, their economy is in shambles. I just want to plow through the sectors and I probably won't come back. The terrans only occupy a corner of the Universe anyways. It's not like the Argon, where their presence is basically everywhere.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 8. Jun 14, 23:02

Saya Kho was payed by argon federation to stage attack on Torus. She did so with Beryls(yaki) aid. Basically a person who is second generation terran(mom was prominent person from previous games... helped Kyle Brenan, who is Julian Brenans dad, the guy from Reunion) killed millions or billions of people just so argon(common wealth) could start a war and get their hands on human tech. Most of this can be found in encyclopedia.
Basically same story as with Ukrain atm... states tried to screw Russia over and it didn't work... they just got a piss load of innocent people killed and legalized nazis in Ukrain. Then Russian said... welp screw europe we cutting off your gas now thx bai. As american... this stupidity is baffling to me. Most of ukrain was russian land that was given to ukrain at one point or another, most of population is russian... language is a mix of russian and polish from good old days when poland ran slavery, before they got rolled by russia and coughed up a good portion of whats now ukrainian land just so they wouldn't get rolled any further.
Same idea applies to AP. CW tried... and they failed and to top it off it backfired. So basically proving Earths xenophobia and paranoia was well justified. And at peak of this squabble xenon roll in... and make things worse. At least earth is protected by being localized outside gate network. CW is fully reliant on it so it's a xenon feeding ground. This is why its so hard to wage war on Earth... can't jump in... all you got are accelerator gates which are death traps in theory if you don't have high enough clearance to enter terran territory.

Hence why I never could play as argon since AP... eff terrorists.

Also, your "fleet" wouldn't make it past a single terran core sector. If RRF gets involved you will either need an actual fleet of m7m or you going to need to do it OOC with >>>TERRAN<<< ships. Otherwise even OOC you will get steam rolled. Be glad valhallas only show up in war sectors... or you would loose half of that fleet to just 1 ship lol

Also, no idea why people insist on saying terran economy is bad. Its a LOT easier to get moving then any other single CW race or god forbid entire CW. No need for dozens of different food products. Also if you put some good CLS2/CAG to haul stuff from aldrin... then you need even less building. In short terran economy being bad is gross exaggeration... it is no worse then the rest and in some respects better off.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

WiccanWitcher
x3ap

Post by WiccanWitcher » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 02:41

Ok, so I basically got to Venus before I had to pull my ships out. I lost 2 boreas, all of my titans, and 1 collusus. I did add 5 more aquilos and 2 cobras (one of which I was flying) and took out a bunch of ships before they got the chance to jump out. My little fleet only got injured by phantom missiles... if it weren't for those bombers.

I read the encyclopedia you guys gave me (thanks learned a lot), and more questions sprang up. When I read the encyclopedia the Terrans were "trying to exert influence on the Federation" so I thought of Imperialistic Europe. But I didn't really understand why the Terrans wanted to war with the rest of the universe. Did they really just want to grow out of their shell of a system? Sorry Terran Conflict was my first game into this series.

Tabs
x3ap

Post by Tabs » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 04:02

The "plots" of the X games have never made much sense and best serve as window-dressing for your sandbox experience.

For example, X2 introduces the Kha'ak as this huge scary alien menace then largely forgets about them in X3:R and then kills them all off as a sideplot in X3:TC.

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 07:59

hisazul wrote:terran economy being bad is gross exaggeration... it is no worse then the rest and in some respects better off.
You cannot be serious.

The entirety of Terran space is in drastic, crippling, desperate shortage of Protein Paste and there is not a single protein factory anywhere. Not one. The only Protein comes from trading docks. And to a lesser extent, they're in dire need of Water because NPC traders are too stupid to move Ice.

Nothing moves in Terran space without your intervention. It's that bad.

The only major faction that even comes close to being this incapable of feeding themselves are the Paranid (and at least they have the facilities there, you just have to move the product). Everyone else for the most part will move slowly but surely ahead without your intervention, except in small isolated pockets like PTNI or Legend's Home.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 11:14

OniGanon wrote:
hisazul wrote:terran economy being bad is gross exaggeration... it is no worse then the rest and in some respects better off.
You cannot be serious.

The entirety of Terran space is in drastic, crippling, desperate shortage of Protein Paste and there is not a single protein factory anywhere. Not one. The only Protein comes from trading docks. And to a lesser extent, they're in dire need of Water because NPC traders are too stupid to move Ice.

The only major faction that even comes close to being this incapable of feeding themselves are the Paranid (and at least they have the facilities there, you just have to move the product). Everyone else for the most part will move slowly but surely ahead without your intervention, except in small isolated pockets like PTNI or Legend's Home.
As someone who's attempting to revive their economy, this is all correct. I wonder whose smart idea it was to make an entire race dependant on one type of resource and then not give them ANY production of it in their entire systems? Heck, players couldn't even buy the factories until the aldrin expansion.

Terrans are as badly screwed as everyone says, their economy has no redeeming features except in the form of factories the player arbitrarily cannot buy.

Astronoid
x3tc

Post by Astronoid » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 13:43

And even when you start as a terran, by the time you get to economy stabilization, it's not worth it anymore, as half of their valuable stations get killed by GOD.
"Kiss my plasma vats"!

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 18:19

OniGanon wrote:
You cannot be serious.

Exactly why its easier to fuel... with JUST ONE food source. And GOD doesn't do any more damage in terran space then it does else where. If you start in terran space and so much as throw a dozen sector traders spread out(at least withing A MONTH... a bloody MONTH)... most of initial random station will happily survive purge. Now trying to salvage 10 sector radius around argon prime... with its multitude of drone/missile/satelite etc fabs... you can't do it with just some sector traders because resources needed are simply not produced period because there are no fabs that produce it anywhere around unless you are lucky with random generation. Has nothing to do with food. And as you said paranid is another example of .... too many fabs that need stuff that isn't produced in any capacity.

Also please don't make stuff up... there are protein fabs maybe not in TC... at least initially but they are very much there from get go in AP. Too few and npcs take ages to get it around mostly to useless things but its there. Water is an iffy subject due to how it was introduced. But that can be fixed with a couple of sector traders with decent range and yes npcs don't move ice, that's true. Also if food is available it gets moved perfectly fine on its own... another point you exaggerate. Since in my current game I stick to terran side I did almost nothing for CW part... NPCs are so starved for resources I get my EQ swamped with CW ships to the point I can't use docking computer.... listening to you traveling dozen sectors into terran space just to buy stuff from EQ dock selling at average price? Yeah... "ISOLATED" shortages... yep.... definitely.

In my current game most of argon space is BARREN. Argon prime has fewer stations then senators badlands... because senators badlands has my space weed/space fuel/squash mine complex. Helps paranid slightly because I used paranid food fabs here and there in a mix. But argon pretty much went to nothing... split in same boat due to their sectors being all over the place and too far apart. The only NPC faction that does actually produce things on their own are boron... mostly because they have shortest route to my super plex in terran space and their ships tent to at least sometimes survive. Argon, split and paranid get nothing because they never make it back. Teladi... are connected by hub... so they are fine and they get what they need but if they werent connected by a hub I suspect they would be just as screwed as split.

Another thing that really irks me is when people call economy broken. Broken means broken, as in it doesn't work in any form. Lets say everything was produced and nothing needed to be added. What bloody point would players intervention serve? None. You would either need to set prices so low that you spend more then you make or you would need to destroy fabs just to create demand. There would be no place for a person that wants to play a trader. NONE. There would be no demand for anything. No point in building station because everything is already produced, no point in traders because everything is already being moved. That would be actually broken economy, from games stand point, since it lacks a place for a player.

G.O.D. isn't some magical villain. It simply means to create opportunity for player, opportunity that always comes. Not once in a play though but always. Only "bad" thing about terran space is that it isn't full of jump gates. So ships can't bounce around freely. Lore wise it makes perfect sense, especially considering how protective terrans are but it drags things down to a crawl when it comes to moving resources around. And also contrary to what you are saying it doesn't wipe everything an hour after you start a game... a large amount of station are simply unaffected by it. No single race has more station immune to being removed then terrans. If one simply looks... and thinks for more then a split second things are there... there for the taking... some don't take the opportunity and blame "broken" economy.

You can preach that terrans don't have food, that they don't move it, that its all broken...
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/776 ... 44C68C740/
But this clearly shows otherwise.... Hell with ME supplying EVERYTHING I counted about 3 or 4 protein blending fabs... that sit mostly full of protein paste.... because I sell it cheaper....
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

OniGanon

Post by OniGanon » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 20:44

hisazul wrote:Now trying to salvage 10 sector radius around argon prime... with its multitude of drone/missile/satelite etc fabs... you can't do it with just some sector traders because resources needed are simply not produced period because there are no fabs that produce it anywhere around unless you are lucky with random generation. Has nothing to do with food. And as you said paranid is another example of .... too many fabs that need stuff that isn't produced in any capacity.
Argon Prime area is easily fixed with 2 Sector Traders. All the necessary resources already exist (Food from Ringo Moon, Ore from Ore Belt and Herron's, Energy from NE corner).

NPCs suck at moving Ore just like they suck at moving Ice, that's why everything everywhere will eventually break down without your help. But it takes longer than Terran space where the necessary facilities don't even exist. As for the Paranid, their core sectors have the stations, they just need someone to move the Soja Beans.
hisazul wrote:Also please don't make stuff up... there are protein fabs maybe not in TC... at least initially but they are very much there from get go in AP. Too few and npcs take ages to get it around mostly to useless things but its there.
Not making anything up. Terran space in AP has ZERO Protein Paste factories. The only Protein in the galaxy comes from the Orbital Logistics Docks / Support Stations (ie Trading Docks). For that matter, they're also the only source of ANY food in Terran space without your intervention, because both C-Ration and MRE factories require Protein.

WiccanWitcher
x3ap

Post by WiccanWitcher » Mon, 9. Jun 14, 23:41

OniGanon wrote:
hisazul wrote:Now trying to salvage 10 sector radius around argon prime... with its multitude of drone/missile/satelite etc fabs... you can't do it with just some sector traders because resources needed are simply not produced period because there are no fabs that produce it anywhere around unless you are lucky with random generation. Has nothing to do with food. And as you said paranid is another example of .... too many fabs that need stuff that isn't produced in any capacity.
Argon Prime area is easily fixed with 2 Sector Traders. All the necessary resources already exist (Food from Ringo Moon, Ore from Ore Belt and Herron's, Energy from NE corner).

NPCs suck at moving Ore just like they suck at moving Ice, that's why everything everywhere will eventually break down without your help. But it takes longer than Terran space where the necessary facilities don't even exist. As for the Paranid, their core sectors have the stations, they just need someone to move the Soja Beans.
hisazul wrote:Also please don't make stuff up... there are protein fabs maybe not in TC... at least initially but they are very much there from get go in AP. Too few and npcs take ages to get it around mostly to useless things but its there.
Not making anything up. Terran space in AP has ZERO Protein Paste factories. The only Protein in the galaxy comes from the Orbital Logistics Docks / Support Stations (ie Trading Docks). For that matter, they're also the only source of ANY food in Terran space without your intervention, because both C-Ration and MRE factories require Protein.
I'd have to agree, when I did a little expedition trip after my raid exploring the west half of the Terran sectors in a kestrel. I didn't find any food factories, only ghoul and other missile factories. Most sectors were empty space, but I think the Global Decision Engine removed them because I didn't touch Terran Space and I was well far into the game.

As for hisazul, I wouldn't say the Argon Prime area is a mess, I mean I started 9 sector traders and they all got to lvl 8 at a reasonable pace. They weren't as quick on experience like Terran Conflict, I mean I had the occasional two sector traders just sitting on standby for 5 minutes. The Argon have everything they need from sectors like what OniGanon mentioned.

The Paranids do have the food... Duke's Domain in my game has tons of Soyeries and Soyfarms. Other sectors have it too.

You must have some unique map generation...

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 04:06

In TC after tha Aldrian Mission The player is allowed to build Terran Stations. I guess for AP they forgot to modify the universe file to a a few Protein Paste Fabs to account for a post TC world. (Lazy Player not believeing in Earth :goner: )

Reliable Transportation seems to be the biggest issue with a sustainable X-universe.

-- Ormac

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”