Litcube's Universe - Addon/Script Compatibility Thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 14:54

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Aug 14, 10:27 Post subject:
Did anyone test Rename ships with Expressions with LU ? I'd like to know if it will conflict with litcube's own ship renaming.
it doesnt really conflict the way LU handles coloring, BUT it aint compatible with LU unless you mod the script call functions to the way LU handles it.
Quite doable but requires some effort.

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 15:13

Actually, I installed it yesterday and it didn't seem to conflict with LU, but I didn't use it extensively. I'll report back tonight.

About the cockpit mod I was talking about earlier in the thread : I managed to install in LU without any troubles, just a bit of twaeking in the mod's files ; I'll upload it tonight. The only problem is that it doesn't use LU's gravidar, but the old one. Small price to pay for immersion !

Larxyz
x3tc

Post by Larxyz » Wed, 20. Aug 14, 16:49

hmm, must have done something wrong with install, will try again.

slickdrac
x4

Post by slickdrac » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 08:21

For those who have put MARS on for the Goblins, how did you do it? Did you just dump the whole mess in there or did you pick and choose or edit something beforehand?

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 08:36

Larxyz wrote:hmm, must have done something wrong with install, will try again.
Reporting back. RswE does work with LU, it's just that LU overrides some names (for example UTs and Explorers) but I didn't get any conflicts. I didn't try dynamic renaming, but I set every ship to be renamed with default - everything works fine.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Thu, 21. Aug 14, 11:09

Jack08 wrote:
Lord Kellmar wrote:Speaking of NPCBailing, as anyone tested Colored Claimable Ship ? (Or can tell any reason this one should be or can't be compatible ? )

("test it yourself"-proof )
I was going to add something like this into LU implemented in a way that would never cause issues with EI or other naming tools - ill run it past Litcube and then add it for 1.3.3 if he approves.
Testing in progress, thus far, no trouble.
(but you'll still get some strange color formating in strings containing the colored shio name. It'll stay colored until something else is colored in the text. i.e. there is no "end coloring" stop at the end of the ship's name)
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Fri, 22. Aug 14, 08:39

Lord Kellmar wrote:Testing in progress, thus far, no trouble.
(but you'll still get some strange color formating in strings containing the colored shio name. It'll stay colored until something else is colored in the text. i.e. there is no "end coloring" stop at the end of the ship's name)
Thanks to Litcube's hard work, we can tell that the way the script colors the ship mess up the E/I (the Import part). For now, editing the export file is the only way to straight up the mess.
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sun, 24. Aug 14, 12:11

Great Conversion Litcube!

Salvage command & NPC's does work... mostly.
there is a few minor things I have noticed that don't work.
not sure if it's just my install or not, but what I can remember off hand are :
1) repair ship doesn't always work
2) ship spawner sometimes spawns in unknown sector.

#2 really teased and frustrated me because that sector is not on the map.
one of the huge M2's spawned in it, the exterminator I think it was.

Oh and 2 problem I have noticed in my build atleast....will have to try a vanilla LU to see if it's there as well.

is that ST's won't work if I set them to 1 sector and joystick will stop working after 10-15 minutes.

I have an idea for the ST, I find that I have to restart them after awhile because they can't continue... which is fine when you only have a couple.... but one you have alot of them it feels like micro manageing.

do you have any plans to have a Trader Manager.
which can be used to see only trade ships and stations in the same window.

it can have some mass commands like 'restart all idle ST's'
show's how long a trader has been sitting and waiting.
how much total profit each trader has made.
how many fighter drones they have etc.

I have seen something similiar to this in I think it was XTC or XRM, been awhile since I played either so not sure.

I am going to see if I can extract the bounties, military network and bartering scripts from XRM and add it to LU.... I got it to work in XTC last year...or was it the year before.

excuse any typos etc, as it is early and I haven't been sleeping much... partly to blame is LU... hahaha :lol:

question.

when it comes to a station that is full and another npc ship wants to dock, how does LU handle it? is it still vanilla?
if still vanilla changing it to a priority list based upon ship total value which includes cargo would be great.... probably beyond me, but I might try to do this as well. (I have only changed a script once and it was for XTC to make sector patrols contain equal chance of Khaak, pirates and Xenon)

Mesthione
x4

Post by Mesthione » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 06:24

Shasslar wrote:About the cockpit mod I was talking about earlier in the thread : I managed to install in LU without any troubles, just a bit of twaeking in the mod's files ; I'll upload it tonight. The only problem is that it doesn't use LU's gravidar, but the old one. Small price to pay for immersion !
Thank you so much! I'm looking forward to this...it is the main thing keeping me from installing LU!

Shasslar
x4

Post by Shasslar » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 08:58

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot to upload - IRL took over ! I'll try to upload it *tonight* (I'm at work right now). So far so good though, no scripts to install, just a fake patch to rename. Won't break anything.

digitist
x4

Post by digitist » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 21:09

What's the big brouhaha over NPC bailing? The built in UB mechanic seems to work perfectly and be balanced exceptionally well.

I installed MDM, if only because I was getting handily wrecked in the Mamba with no turret. Even then there is a built in counter to that with the missile boats later.

Is Smart Turrets something anyone considers necessary? I don't remember anything being mentioned on the Wiki, but I also don't remember crappy things being not addressed by L.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 25. Aug 14, 22:45

LU bailing has been iterated on several times so it kind of depends on when you first tried it for comparison to thread discussions.

Smart Turrets have worked fine in LU installs so far but there's no guarantee your game will survive an update because 3rd party scripts are generally not supported and the background game is being updated regularly. Having used Smart Turrets in ealier LU games, I don't think it is needed.

Excaerious
x3tc

Post by Excaerious » Fri, 29. Aug 14, 19:03

I love LU but some behaviors of the current game (not saying it won't be fixed later down the road) annoy me. Specifically, I hate UT/ST logic. I bet other people have some peeves of certain things. That being said, mods help here. However, I noticed that the OP's original post hasn't been updated in forever. I think we could benefit from an updated version on what is broken for LU, etc.

Joelnh
x3tc

Post by Joelnh » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 14:30

OK traders does work, but I have noticed one problem.
when setting up it they will still fly through blacklist sectors and usually get killed.

dargj2
x3tc

Post by dargj2 » Sat, 30. Aug 14, 19:49

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Having used Smart Turrets in ealier LU games, I don't think it is needed.
Id have to disagree just for myself there, I like to use capital ships to whittle down shields so I can capture. Smart turrets is the only way currently to attack only shields with turrets.

Excaerious
x3tc

Post by Excaerious » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 00:30

Joelnh wrote:OK traders does work, but I have noticed one problem.
when setting up it they will still fly through blacklist sectors and usually get killed.
They don't fly through sectors Blacklisted through the OK Trader menus. The other 'bug' is that they don't respect PPP. Though, I assume PPP integration actually wouldn't be that hard at all. Maybe. I've never looked at that addition in script form in Litcube.

I know/knew OK traders work. I know a few mods work seemingly perfectly. I just want a more updated list of such. The ones in this thread are from mid-June and haven't even been touched at all (or expanded for that matter).

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 31. Aug 14, 00:39

Excaerious wrote: a few mods work seemingly perfectly. I just want a more updated list of such. The ones in this thread are from mid-June and haven't even been touched at all (or expanded for that matter).
Are there any replies in this thread that should be used to update the first post?

Excaerious
x3tc

Post by Excaerious » Mon, 1. Sep 14, 03:18

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Excaerious wrote: a few mods work seemingly perfectly. I just want a more updated list of such. The ones in this thread are from mid-June and haven't even been touched at all (or expanded for that matter).
Are there any replies in this thread that should be used to update the first post?
Well for one, CCC works (Coloured Claimable Ship), with minor faults. This a page or two back this is reported.

ADA (Anarkis Defense System) seems to work also, not the Real Wings edition, I got a hang when using that version that never resolved.

My main point was that people discussing mods for LU are pointed here, but OP isn't updated at all and hasn't been for months. I suppose it's a moot point in general since further modding LU seems to be semi-Taboo. So it doesn't matter.

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Fri, 5. Sep 14, 00:57

Has anyone managed to get CLS2 working in LU? Its the only thing I really miss having

lenvda
xr

Post by lenvda » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 05:55

First and foremost, thanks for building this cool mod for AP.

When reading the FAQ on the wiki, it states "Lucike's script library overwrites a few key LU references.". Does this mean the incompatibility is easy to fix, and would anyone be so kind to explain how to go about this? I miss CODEA too much :P

Thanks in advance!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”