EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
[MOD] TAF! v1.2 (12 Dec. 2015)
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
Saquavin





Joined: 22 Aug 2013
Posts: 450 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 12. Dec 15, 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Love you dude. How sad I was when I explored new systems and cannot hire trade agent... Thank you !

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)



Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Posts: 6716 on topic
Location: UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 12. Dec 15, 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you Smile


_________________
X:R mod list. X:R Wiki.
Updated TC/AP Bonus Pack. AP TS efficiency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scoob





Joined: 27 Feb 2003
Posts: 5528 on topic
Location: Oxford, UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 28. Feb 16, 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi,

There appears to be an issue with the Workshop - I get a "Failed to update extension" message when re-enabling this mod.

I've recently decided to re-enable several mods, now the Beta of 4.0 and the HoL DLC is done. Manually added mods appear to be fine, though a couple got overwritten by older versions thanks to Steam - however, they're ok now.

TAF! is still showing in RED and cannot update though. Note: the description shown in-game is the new v1.2 one, yet no other files other than the content.xml appear to have been downloaded by Steam. Add to that, I don't have a "taf" folder, rather the aforementioned content.xml is in a folder called "ws_262382979".

Steam has been VERY quirky for me this evening, however, is there possibly an issue with the upload of v1.2?

Cheers,

Scoob.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Zorg





Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 165 on topic
Location: Getsu Fune
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 6. Mar 16, 10:37    Post subject: Can you add this mod as a separate download instead of just for steam? Reply with quote Print

Is it possible for you to add this mod into this forum or onto Nexus please instead of just steam workshop?

I keep subscribing onto it on Steam, but it doesn't show up in my mods folder. So I'd like to download and install it manually.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
digimatik





Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 2 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 6. Mar 16, 21:52    Post subject: Re: Can you add this mod as a separate download instead of just for steam? Reply with quote Print

Captain Zorg wrote:
Is it possible for you to add this mod into this forum or onto Nexus please instead of just steam workshop?

I keep subscribing onto it on Steam, but it doesn't show up in my mods folder. So I'd like to download and install it manually.


2nd this, pls put it on nexus

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pref



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 3408 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 6. Mar 16, 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Until this gets updated there are 2 new mods similar in function (sounds like a bit less hassle, but haven't tried them yet):
Auto Trade Agents
Fly-by Subscribe

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Captain Zorg





Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 165 on topic
Location: Getsu Fune
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 7. Mar 16, 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The problem is that those links you've posted take me straight to steam workshop. So basically this doesn't answer my question because it means that I will still have to subscribe onto the mod within Steam's workshop.

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)



Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Posts: 6716 on topic
Location: UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 7. Mar 16, 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Captain Zorg wrote:

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.

Just because it isn't complicated doesn't mean it may not be time-consuming for the mod author, or even something the author may want to do.

Instead of appearing to ask someone else to do work so you don't have to, how about subscribing to a Steam Workshop version of one of those mods, downloading it, copying the folder from your Extension directory, and unsubscribing? Then you have the downloaded folder that you can put straight back into the Extension directory without waiting any longer.


_________________
X:R mod list. X:R Wiki.
Updated TC/AP Bonus Pack. AP TS efficiency.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pref



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Posts: 3408 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 7. Mar 16, 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@Captain Zorg: That was a generic stement, not a reply to you.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
DonaldDuckVergeben





Joined: 07 Mar 2016



PostPosted: Mon, 7. Mar 16, 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Can you upload the mod to dropbox or any other filehoster, please?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Captain Zorg





Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 165 on topic
Location: Getsu Fune
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 01:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:
Captain Zorg wrote:

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.

Just because it isn't complicated doesn't mean it may not be time-consuming for the mod author, or even something the author may want to do.

Instead of appearing to ask someone else to do work so you don't have to, how about subscribing to a Steam Workshop version of one of those mods, downloading it, copying the folder from your Extension directory, and unsubscribing? Then you have the downloaded folder that you can put straight back into the Extension directory without waiting any longer.


Appearing to ask someone else to do work? Seriously? I mean I know you are a moderator, but implying something that isn't correct isn't fair on me. Especially when I haven't broken any rules, nor am requesting something that cannot be done; that others would also like to see happen. I am within my own rights to post this right?

So FYI, I'm not asking anyone to do the work. I am simply requesting to those charitable enough on the thread who have the mod files to find some way of making the mod available somewhere else asides from Steam Workshop, so that we who would like to manually install it can do so. I'm not the only one asking for this as I'm sure you are aware. Besides, I've already tried subscribing and unsubscribing on Steam's workshop and I still don't get the files. So please don't assume that I haven't already tried your method.

Also FYI, if I had the mod and someone asked me to upload it, then I would. Not because it's not complicated (because seriously it isn't that complicated since all I'd need are the files that make up the mod, so I can zip them up to be upload onto sites such as Nexus or Mega. Also, it doesn't need to be the creator that needs to do this. If there is anyone with the files, then their assistance would be most appreciated.), but because I like to try and help out other users of the game. Besides, it would take 5 to 10 minutes tops to upload the files, depending on the zip size and internet speed. I do it all the time on the other forums.

So I can't understand how you've come about with the wrong perception of my post is beyond me. Haven't I already clearly stated that I wish to download it manually because I am having trouble with Steam. Haven't I already made this clear on my previous posts?

pref wrote:
@Captain Zorg: That was a generic stement, not a reply to you.


I know, it's just that you did add links to your comment. So I assumed that you wanted me to click on those.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)



Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Posts: 6716 on topic
Location: UK
Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 01:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This forum isn't part of the "DevNet" relating to the moderator tag although that isn't especially easy to interpret whilst within a particular forum.**

Captain Zorg wrote:

Haven't I already clearly stated that I wish to download it manually because I am having trouble with Steam. Haven't I already made this clear on my previous posts?

You have now*, thank you, and I apologise for misunderstanding. I had thought you were reporting a TAF-specific issue.


*Edit 1: (to me; others may have understood already)

**Edit 2: my moderator tag has changed now but at the time of posting, I was not a moderator in this forum and I was not replying as one.


_________________
X:R mod list. X:R Wiki.
Updated TC/AP Bonus Pack. AP TS efficiency.


Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Wed, 9. Mar 16, 11:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)



Joined: 15 May 2003
Posts: 25946 on topic
Location: In the X-Universe spanning two millenia
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 01:54    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Captain Zorg wrote:
...
Also FYI, if I had the mod and someone asked me to upload it, then I would. ....


And you'd then probably be in the wrong. The creators of mods own those mods from a copyright standpoint, and without explicit permission, others are not entitled to distribute them. Be warned, breaking copyright laws is against forum rules.

And FYI, Sparky wasn't posting in an official capacity when he responded to you. He was responding as a fellow gamer and forum member. Also FYI, moderators on these forums are all volunteers, not Egosoft employees.

And a final FYI (since you like the term so much Wink ), I am responding in an official capacity.


_________________
Having an Acronym Attack? See the Ego FAQ. Also now for Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude.
NOT an Egosoft employee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Assailer





Joined: 25 May 2014
Posts: 373 on topic
Location: Findland
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Tue, 8. Mar 16, 07:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Captain Zorg wrote:
The problem is that those links you've posted take me straight to steam workshop. So basically this doesn't answer my question because it means that I will still have to subscribe onto the mod within Steam's workshop.

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.


If you own the game in Steam, the subscribed workshop items should download. Make sure you check in game's main menu under workshop that downloading is enabled.


_________________
Rebirth Mods:
Missionary
CSI: Compilation
Fly-by Subscribe
Fly-by InfoScan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Captain Zorg





Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 165 on topic
Location: Getsu Fune
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 9. Mar 16, 09:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nanook wrote:
Captain Zorg wrote:
...
Also FYI, if I had the mod and someone asked me to upload it, then I would. ....


And you'd then probably be in the wrong. The creators of mods own those mods from a copyright standpoint, and without explicit permission, others are not entitled to distribute them. Be warned, breaking copyright laws is against forum rules.

And FYI, Sparky wasn't posting in an official capacity when he responded to you. He was responding as a fellow gamer and forum member. Also FYI, moderators on these forums are all volunteers, not Egosoft employees.

And a final FYI (since you like the term so much Wink ), I am responding in an official capacity.



OK, if you wish to act in a condescending attitude towards me through repeatedly mentioning the term FYI, then go ahead since you are officially in the capacity to do so. Wink Even though what you are doing is patronizing superiority and in a sense bullying. Sad Something which Sparky hardly showed in his replies towards my comments. Sparky is the bigger person here whether official or not since he appologised/showed consideration for misunderstanding my request which I accept. Smile

Now let us address my reply to your comment.....

How can someone break copyright rules if they ask the person or persons who made the mod or have permission to upload the mod since that's all my previous posts have been trying to convey to begin with? I am only requesting that the TAF mod files be made accessible as a manual download other than that currently available on steam. It doesn't matter where those mod files are placed, whether it's on other sites like Nexus, Mega etc. I just want to download the files and play the game.

Also, I really don't understand why this simple request I made through one post has all of a sudden become such a big problem. Why you are even implying that I will break copyright rules is beyond me since neither my posts have mentioned or stated that I will do so once I have the mod files.

It's not even my intention nor do I have permission to do so when the creators haven't even replied to my posts. So it is just common sense whether in the rules or not that no one should post or amend any mod files that were created by others unless they have permission. So when I stated that I do post mod files on other forums, what I meant was mod files that I have created or have permission to post. Only a noob/idiot would go on a forum and post mod files created by others without any sort of permission or credit given. Sadly for you, I am not a noob when it comes to knowing the rules.

Look Nanook, I don't think you remember me but you and I in the past used to help each other out. I still have our old messages where we used to talk about X3. So I know that you do not mean to intentionally offend or misunderstand me in anyway. All I am requesting for is for those mod files to be made available as a manual download so that I can download and play the game. I am backed up by a few people on this forum who have seconded my request for the manual download of the mod files.

So my question to you and the creators/persons involved with the mod files creation, is it OK for those mod files to be made available as a manual download on this forum or any other site so that I or other users having problems with steam workshop may download the files? I have version 4.00 of X rebirth so the current version should work well with my game. If the request is denied, then I will withdraw it and accept that I will never be able to play this mod.

Assailer wrote:
Captain Zorg wrote:
The problem is that those links you've posted take me straight to steam workshop. So basically this doesn't answer my question because it means that I will still have to subscribe onto the mod within Steam's workshop.

What I am asking for is for the mod TAF to be moved to Nexus. It's that simple. I'm not asking for anything complicated. I just want to be able to download the mod manually and not have to subscribe onto it.


If you own the game in Steam, the subscribed workshop items should download. Make sure you check in game's main menu under workshop that downloading is enabled.


I do own the game, but as I've said before. I cannot find or see the game files when I subscribe to them via the steam workshop. I've looked in the appropriate places and cannot find anything. Hence why I am asking for the files to be made available as a manual download.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Wed, 25. Apr 18, 22:02

All times are GMT + 2 Hours


Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2018
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.13410 seconds, sql queries = 29