Is it possible to LOCK relations/notoriety

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

CaalDarkstar

Is it possible to LOCK relations/notoriety

Post by CaalDarkstar » Fri, 16. May 14, 22:26

I'm currently troubleshooting a mod and having the ability to lock a race relations/notoriety to player would be most beneficial. Is this possible through a script or mod? I tried searching the forums but I did not produce any results. Sorry if my english is not legible. Thank you in advance.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Fri, 16. May 14, 23:37

I am no expert but would expect it's hard coded, although you could use the cheat package to set a race's relation if it drops or rises.

Also why do u want it? If it's for jump gates there is a script for that

CaalDarkstar

Post by CaalDarkstar » Sat, 17. May 14, 01:03

Nemesis_87 wrote:I am no expert but would expect it's hard coded, although you could use the cheat package to set a race's relation if it drops or rises.

Also why do u want it? If it's for jump gates there is a script for that
Ah yes I am able to to manually set relations inside the script editor as needed. I am playing with a mod that has tried to set unique pirate factions. Their forums is almost derelict and I am unable to get support there. Unfortunately their approach is problematic as they spawn pirate factions that have derived relations with a certain race. For example, the Boron pirate factions will use the players Boron relations first, then the Generic Pirate races faction second. I want to alter their method to more suit my play style.

So if my Boron is relations is FOE they are automatically my FOE even though my Generic Pirate relations are FRIEND. I am unable to defend myself without losing reputation. I wish to lock the Pirate Relations when I fight them, and unlock afterwards.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Sat, 17. May 14, 04:45

This could probably help you: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=270919 though it´s not thought as a "locker" as such.
Your notoriety will change normaly, but then it will be resetted to the set value within couple of seconds ( see the screenshots in the thread ).
"Only fools seek power, and only the greatest fools seek it through force".

CaalDarkstar

Post by CaalDarkstar » Sat, 17. May 14, 23:21

d_ka wrote:This could probably help you: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=270919 though it´s not thought as a "locker" as such.
Your notoriety will change normaly, but then it will be resetted to the set value within couple of seconds ( see the screenshots in the thread ).
Brilliant, I think this may work wonderful. Thank you for your time!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”