Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Psychic_Sandwich
x3tc

Post by Psychic_Sandwich » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 00:04

Itaros wrote: That is strange as my Station Agents jump properly, but I set refuel quantity based on station jump range multiplied by two(roundtrip distance) + a bit more to counter long trips when they are going to get MK2 Fighter Drones. But, yes, they don't escape when attacked, but I keep Phanon in check(I can kill entire hunter parties single-handed with Morrigu. This ship is OP as hell) and pirates are my friends xD
Hmmm... They also don't go and buy fighter drones or in any way upgrade themselves, now that I think about it.

oHmY

Post by oHmY » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 13:25

I have heard that the SETA in LU functions differently than vanilla? That 90% of what WOULD interrupt SETA in vanilla doesn't in LU. Is this so? I am not interested in adding content (ships, wares, etc),but I am interested in stream lining the playing experience of AP.

Is this SETA adjustment available in a package by itself? Can anyone set me on the right path here?
ΩI
"A-T-F... Muh Jolnir" - X3 Computer Lady. LOL

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 13:31

oHmY wrote:I have heard that the SETA in LU functions differently than vanilla? That 90% of what WOULD interrupt SETA in vanilla doesn't in LU. Is this so? I am not interested in adding content (ships, wares, etc),but I am interested in stream lining the playing experience of AP.

Is this SETA adjustment available in a package by itself? Can anyone set me on the right path here?
From the FAQ

LU has some hardcoded magic. We, the scripters from the low social class, cannot do it, and will never be able to do it. So we look up at the Lord and pray for His mercy.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 17:48

oHmY wrote:I have heard that the SETA in LU functions differently than vanilla? That 90% of what WOULD interrupt SETA in vanilla doesn't in LU. Is this so? I am not interested in adding content (ships, wares, etc),but I am interested in stream lining the playing experience of AP.

Actually the only thing that interrupts SETA in LU is when you are in the flight mode and move your mouse around. Other than that you can hit any key you want and SATA will stay on. Well except "J". There could be another key that does it too but I havent come across it.

imeddyeddy
x3ap

boarding music

Post by imeddyeddy » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 18:36

everything works great, it's just that i've noticed a conspicuous lack of boarding music playing when i do my boarding ops.

Any idea how i can get that back in? i installed litcube's soundtrack .exe. is there any particular naming convention i need to follow to get them into the game from the vanilla soundtrack?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 22:57

zanosg wrote:

Actually the only thing that interrupts SETA in LU is when you are in the flight mode and move your mouse around. Other than that you can hit any key you want and SATA will stay on. Well except "J". There could be another key that does it too but I havent come across it.
Using the keys to the engine control, or at least the "full stop"-key, will also deactivate SETA, otherwise it pretty much stays on until you either turn it off or smack into something and die :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Sat, 1. Aug 15, 23:26

I need to make like a review of this new game or mod, whatever the flip it is. You have a lot of nerve "litcube" and cohorts. You have completely negated the point of X rebirth by making this flipping awesome X4.

Anyway, I got a problem I think I had in vanilla. I haven't played in a long while and just jumped back in with this mod. So to be safe I'll just pose my inquiry here

The problem is that there is some smug Xenon N "up" at Menelaus's Paradise being a real tool with its' 0 Hull and Shield. I watched the Borons going to town on this thing while k's, J's, lmnops etc.. pour into the sector. What I need is a way to fix this Xenon N's wagon and make em go back to dead-able.

It isn't a big deal but I can't concentrate cause every time I go looking at the OCV, I look over at Menelaus and see them goons whacking that invincible mole.

Idleking
x3ap

Post by Idleking » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 03:23

There's a 'ref/obj => jump out of existence' in the script editor under.. uuuhh.. 'General Object Commands' I think.

There's nothing you can't get rid of with this command ;)
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

[ external image ]
Litcube wrote:Don't succumb to the "I figured it'd be ok".

Morgon
x4

Post by Morgon » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 04:55

I did a little math crunching today, as Profiteers are wont to do, and found some fun things about the SCHs.

Namely, almost all of them will make a profit of between 19 mil and 19.5 mil an hour. The exceptions I've found so far are the IRE, which makes 17.5 mil, and the Mass Driver, which makes 20.5 mil. Those last two are the cheapest and third cheapest SCH100s I've crunched so far, but I've got a few more weapons and the missile still to sift through.

So yeah so far its looking like MD is the best Profit SCH in terms of profit and hour, compiled by a relatively cheap price tag, but of course I could always be missing something that'd effect those profitsss.
You always know what to put into a signature when you /don't/ have one.

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 20:05

How do you supply your dock with wares? Freighters? I have set Capacities but he just goes on and delivers over what they are set. He is getting wares from my other stations.

Also, I added Photon Artillery Array instance to the dock and changed source setting to "Buy" and also increased price to max however he doesnt go anywhere to buy it. I know for the fact that its in stock 4 jumps away and my rank is good enough. It would really help if there was a "How to" on these Freighters, Dock agents and couriers. I have played AP for months now and never really came across anything as confusing as Dockware manager.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 2. Aug 15, 21:29

The tools in LU are designed to work best with something like this.

[ external image ]

zanosg
x3ap

Post by zanosg » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 05:08

Hector0x wrote:The tools in LU are designed to work best with something like this.

[ external image ]
I was just looking at that MLCC set up. I might as well micromanage everything again. Thanks.

Itaros
x4

Post by Itaros » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 07:27

Oh my GoD: I wonder if this is even intentional - Orca BAILED! I always thought they are capitals :/

I was kinda confused when I saw unowned damaged orca in the middle of traffic hub, and I was able to claim it. Proofs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0nebzkcrr55 ... eVdoa?dl=0

It is kinda overpowered considering lazy response of salvage crews, I think.
Staring at Yisha in VR

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 08:18

Itaros wrote:Oh my GoD: I wonder if this is even intentional - Orca BAILED! I always thought they are capitals :/

I was kinda confused when I saw unowned damaged orca in the middle of traffic hub, and I was able to claim it. Proofs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o0nebzkcrr55 ... eVdoa?dl=0

It is kinda overpowered considering lazy response of salvage crews, I think.
Not surprising, as everything can bail in LU except OCV ships (although the chances are very low for capital ships). In one of my games I found a Polacca (pirate M1) floating in PTNI Headquarters with some 3% hull left, and since it was still fairly early I just had to claim it.
I think it's at least somewhat balanced out by the fact that you need either very good marines or a ~30 million credit piece of software to claim anything bigger than a TS, though.

Also, speaking about overpowered - how many capitals have you seen bail during all your time playing LU? So far, during about a thousand hours of playing this mod, I've seen four or five M6, a Xenon Q and the aforementioned Polacca bail, so I would hardly call it "overpowered."
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 10:02

Last Saturday Willfe found an abandoned Pirate Exterminator while streaming. I also want to have such a luck sometimes.

Exidrial
x4

Post by Exidrial » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 16:00

The Thread is TL;DR

For some reason I sometimes get a "Incoming Message" without getting a message and my pilots repair laser won't fire anymore /:

I follow the installation instructions so I dunno what's going on D:

Okay nevermind, for some strange reason the repair laser was not installed.

robertlewis44
x4

Post by robertlewis44 » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 17:51

I'm on day 7 almost 8 of ingame time and I've never seen an abandoned cap ship, and only one M6. I'm using regular LU though without any extra satellite mods so I might have missed one, although I do check the sectors manually pretty regularly

Exidrial
x4

Post by Exidrial » Mon, 3. Aug 15, 18:25

I have a ship that has everything installed that it needs except for a jump drive.The pilot is lvl 10.When I click on ST and enter a number above 0 it just says "Incoming Message" without sending me a message and the ship does nothing.The same happens when I select UT.Only ST with a jump range of 0 seems to work even though the pilot is lvl 10.

It did work with a jump setting of 1 before but then i stopped the trade and now I can't restart the trader with a setting higher than 0 ! frustrating

Okay...The problem fixed itself.I let the ship dock at the argon shipyard by accident but that seemed to have fixed the issue lol

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”